Sign in to follow this  
DamageIncVacc

Kevin Smith

Any other owner worried. I was primed to get him as he was one of the few backs who get all there teams carries and he schedule isnt the worst even on Detroit but to read he was standing on the sidleines as Morris was running is disconcerting. Worried quite a bit about him now. Man I might be starting Jamal Charles over him this week. Well maybe not yet but soon.

Lions' Maurice Morris makes case for two-back run game

Dana Wakiji / The Detroit News

Detroit -- Many successful teams in the NFL use a two-back system. The Lions might consider it, if only to help prevent injuries to Kevin Smith.

The New York Giants have Brandon Jacobs and Ahmad Bradshaw, each of whom had rushed for more than 450 yards entering Sunday.

In Sunday's loss to the St. Louis Rams, Maurice Morris rushed 14 times for 63 yards, a 4.5-yard average per carry. Smith, who aggravated a shoulder injury and also had a foot problem, ran 16 times for 45 yards, a 2.8-yard average.

"Did a good job, and that's why we signed Maurice in the offseason," Lions coach Jim Schwartz said. "He's a running back that's proven in this league. And he's gonna need to carry a load for us. He had some injury problems, been set back over the first half of the season, but we need him at full speed and we need him to be able to get some yards like that."

Lions coach Jim Schwartz said in his post-game presser that the injury Kevin Smith suffered in Sunday's loss wasn't serious.

It's unclear if Smith suffered a shoulder or ankle injury. Schwartz said Smith could've gone back if he was needed, but Maurice Morris was playing well. Morris averaged 4.5 YPC, while Smith got just 2.8. This is a concern for Smith going forward. He hasn't improved as a ball carrier in his second year, and may be in danger of losing a chunk of his workload. Nov. 1 - 9:55 pm et

A little worrisome, especially for those of us thin at RB and really counting on him. A 1-6 team obviously is doing a few things wrong, and leaning on one RB too heavily could be one of those things. The flipside is that Morris getting a few more touches could keep Smith fresher and help prevent some of his nagging injuries.

Kevin Smith owner and not worried. This won't be RBBC in my opinion. Smith is a far superior player to Morris.

One should remember that Maurice Morris was not wanted by a RB-depleted team like Seattle - when he did play for the Hawks, he was brutal. He hasn't magically gotten better overnight. :doublethumbsup:

Some good news

Because of Kevin Smith's shoulder problems, he and Maurice Morris split time in the backfield against the Rams in Week 8, but coach Jim Schwartz said that isn't the plan going forward. "Kevin is our workhorse running back, and he's going to get most of the carries," he said. "We've always wanted to get Maurice some work. That's the case everywhere. As great as Adrian Peterson is, Chester Taylor gets a lot of carries. We don't see this as a 50-50 split, but in this game, injuries kind of pushed us to that."Analysis: The Lions talk like Smith will be fine for Week 9 at Seattle, but if you own him, you might want to pick up Morris as an insurance policy

Own Smith in every league.

Not worried in the least; he is the bell cow, and will continue to be.

I wouldn't pick up Morris if he was the only RB left on the WW.

The "worry" I have about Smith is:

- The Lions simply SUCK and suck bad. They never score and never get close enough for Smith to get some short TDs.

- Smith averages like 3 yards per carry or worse. He makes Slaton look good.

- Smith is getting banged up and could leave ANY game at ANY time making him a fantasy football nightmare.

So, as you can see, Smith never scores, the Lions completely blow, and Smith has a tendency to leave games in stretches at a time. Im not starting him anymore. He couldnt get it done against the focking Rams.... the focking RAMS.

Benched. I'll go 4 WRs instead. You're better off with a WR2 or WR3 on a decent team over Smith who will continue to frustrate for the rest of the year. Hell, he may not make my keepers next season. :dunno:

Smiths not that bad. he has 3 TDs in his 7 games . he does score just not alot. . Probally have 6-8 TDS at year end. not alot buy will score and he has 10 or more fantasy points in every game but 1 ( even this last week when he played a half) and has 15+ in 2 of them.And hes on pace for 50 receptions. thats running back 2 territory. Ofcourse thats if he is healthy.