Sign in to follow this  
Ravens 03

Larry Johnson - Waived

Another from Rotoworld -

Coach Gary Kubiak indicated at his Monday press conference that the Texans plan to do their due diligence on waived RB Larry Johnson.

Texans fans are pulling for the team to pursue L.J. "We'll go back and take a look at him just like any other player," Kubiak said. Johnson has a 2.7 YPC average for the year, but has lost just one fumble on 132 carries. The Texans continue to be concerned with their running backs' ball security after Ryan Moats lost a fumble at the goal line in Houston's Week 9 loss.

Source: Nick Scurfield on Twitter

Related: Texans

Mort just mentioned the Steelers as a possible team, I just don't see it.

Now Adam Shefter is saying LJ would want to go to the Steelers if he clears Waivers

Now Adam Shefter is saying LJ would want to go to the Steelers if he clears Waivers

People in Hell want ice water too............... <_<

Pitt is not taking this guy. Mendy looked great last night and they have MeMo. No need to bring in some dooshy guy in his waning year(s).

From Rotoworld / Profootball talk

A source tells Profootballtalk.com to "keep an eye" on the Patriots if waived RB Larry Johnson doesn't get claimed by a lower tier team.

Patriots coach Bill Belichick said Monday that he didn't think he'd be interested in L.J., but coaches have been known to lie. Johnson would love to end up in New England, where the running back situation is weak and he could re-establish his reputation with a winner. The deadline to claim Johnson on waivers is 4 p.m. ET Tuesday.

From Rotoworld / Profootball talk

A source tells Profootballtalk.com to "keep an eye" on the Patriots if waived RB Larry Johnson doesn't get claimed by a lower tier team.

Patriots coach Bill Belichick said Monday that he didn't think he'd be interested in L.J., but coaches have been known to lie. Johnson would love to end up in New England, where the running back situation is weak and he could re-establish his reputation with a winner. The deadline to claim Johnson on waivers is 4 p.m. ET Tuesday.

This is from Mike Florio, so take it with a grain of salt. That same source said that they were not interested yesterday. I think that Belichick wants some lower team to pick up Johnson so that they are stuck with the contract and another contender does not get him. I don't think that the Pats are interested.

I would guess Cincy goes for him. :doublethumbsup:

Well, the deadline for a Waivers Claim is past.

I have this clown on my Dynasty Team and a drafts picks offer is on the table with a trade deadline of Wednesday Midnight.

Was hoping to hear something soon, just to know whether to pull the trigger or not.

Where's Adam Shefter's insane intensity when I need it??

Anybody hear Johnson on the Dan Patrick show today? Amazing.

Guy is freaking clueless. Actually talked about going back to KC in "3-4 years, when my career is ending" to get the franchises career rushing record.

When asked about Hailey as a coach, he said he liked him. Why? Because he took away assigned parking spaces and made everyone work for them.

The Twitter comments? "I just keep forgetting that we're not like everybody else...we can't have conversations in public".

Generally, when asked why he's such a doosh, is response was that he just couldn't take the losing. Just couldn't help being stressed out thinking that he should have done more to help them win. Honest to god, sounded like one of those "Leon" commercials that used to air "It's a team game, so I have no choice but to blame my teammates".

Absolutely unbelievable.

I'd dump him because he's a complete loser but the waiver wire cupboard is bare, so here's to hoping the Pats sign him and straighten him out.

It sounds like he wants to play for the Steelers where he will likely put up Jerome Bettis type numbers of 3 TD's and -2 yards. Mendenhall still has a tendency to fumble so I wouldn't be surprised if LJ comes in as the goal line back.

No way does Belichick get Larry Johnson. A gay bashing, organization bashing, thug does not fit what the Patriots do. New England is far too liberal to bring a player like Larry Johnson into the fold. The complaints would flood in. If Pioli cut him don't you think he'd let Bill know, 'Stay away'

No way does Belichick get Larry Johnson. A gay bashing, organization bashing, thug does not fit what the Patriots do. New England is far too liberal to bring a player like Larry Johnson into the fold. The complaints would flood in. If Pioli cut him don't you think he'd let Bill know, 'Stay away'

coughRANDYMOSSCOREYDILLONcough cough

You are right, with all those Gay Patriot and RedSox fans it would be a PR nightmare.

As a Steelers fan, this makes me shudder...cause I know he's going to New England...and he's gonna be pissed.

Nope :ninja:

I don't think any team is picking him up this year. He is not really that good.

Good one :ninja:

LJ will end up in Chicago.

Mark this post

So marked, wrongo! :ninja: