Sign in to follow this  
Need2Know

Beanie Wells

Is it time to put him in your starting lineups? :music_guitarred:

Vs. STL is very tempting. Would you start him over Addai @ BAL?

I am thinking I will

anybody else starting him over another decent option?

Not over Addai, he's been on fire lately.

but I'm starting him over Jacobs.

He's going to rack up the yards on Sunday against Stl, but not sure he gets in the endzone unless he breaks a long one. Regardless, hes a decent start this week. I see Arizona going up early, and Wells / Hightower pounding the ball the rest of the game.

I need to choose between Beanie and McCoy.

Neither is the primary GL back.

Arizona SHOULD be playing with a lead all game ensuring a fair amount of carries for Beanie.

Above should also be the case for McCoy. But can Reid be trusted to run the ball a decent

amount of times even when not playing from behind?

At least it's in Wisenhunt's pedigree to want to run the ball.

Probably will be bouncing back and forth on this one all week.

I started Beanie last week out of necessity and it paid off nicely. I also have Shady tempting me in that Sunday night game. But, I'm starting to feel better and better about putting Beanie in again. The Bears were embarassed last Thursday and they will be playing for their lives vs the Eagles and looking to redeem themselves. While I'm not sure Cutler can pull it together, their defense has heart and will bottle up that Philly run game. I see them letting McNabb air it out for better or worse after a few 2 yard gains by McCoy and Weaver. Don't forget Chicago got an extra 3 days to prepare for this one at home in prime time. Meanwhile, Beanie looked like a beast and will get to tote the rock on that fast field. This kid could be the it factor for many teams playoff runs starting Sunday...

I need to choose between Beanie and McCoy.

Neither is the primary GL back.

Arizona SHOULD be playing with a lead all game ensuring a fair amount of carries for Beanie.

Above should also be the case for McCoy. But can Reid be trusted to run the ball a decent

amount of times even when not playing from behind?

At least it's in Wisenhunt's pedigree to want to run the ball.

Probably will be bouncing back and forth on this one all week.

I would not trust andy reid to run the ball, regardless of who they are playing. Wells has a much better chance to score TDs.

Wells >>>> McCoy by a mile

Still have not made up my mind to start beanie over addai.

Any other opinions on what I should do here? Its a .5 ppr / 6 pts all TDs

I just have a feeling that BAL/IND game will be lower scoring than people think and ARZ should have more redzone looks vs. STL.

So, beanie should score more.....

This game is uber important for me as it would lock up a bye as I am playing the next closest team to my record and the rest of my league SUCKS

I wouldnt count on Beanie yet. (its coming!) I have both Beanie and Hightower and I think it has gone from Hightower the fantasy starter to neither at the moment. All this talk reminds me of week 7 when he had his "breakout" vs The Giants and the next game they came out and said Hightower is still the starter. Everyone said "sure in name only". but they didnt lie and Hightower was still the primary and produced. After this game they came out again and stated that Hightower is the starter. No reason to think they are lieing this time. Hightower is still the Goaline back. He didnt get it in from the 1 lastn week BUT the next time they were at the GL it was hightower again but they threw a TD and he didnt get a chance. you dont make every GL try but Hightower has had success this season as the GL back. . Until we see beanie at the GL we cant assume he might get any. ANd sure Beanie had a catch but it was his first in weeks. thats not a trend. Hightower still is the recieving back getting 5-6 receptions a week. ANd they still say Beanies pass protection stinks so if you watch the game it was Hightower in most passing downs. Hightower has been better in recent weeks uping his YPC from like a 2.8 to almost 4 ypc. Hes no Wells but hasnt been awful.Wells will probally get more carries ( ie 18 to 12 type) but Hightower will still be in the game more downs hurting each others value. I still think that Beanie will slowly take over more and more every week and by the fantasy playoffs Beanie will be a 1 RB fantasy starter but until we see him do this 2 games in a row I would not start Beanie over any regular starter. The Cards are winning with this split , why make any changes to what is working. Again I think in 3-4 weeks Beanie will be a must start but not yet. Granted I would start him over a guy like Charles playing Pitts or any other tuff start but otherwise he is a wait and see him do it twice.

Just my $.02 -

Wisenhunt plans on having both RBs touch the ball on the first possession - which says to me the 2 will split a lot of time in a competitive game, but Hightower would most likely be in on the goal line still. However, since they are playing the Rams, I expect this to get out of hand fairly quickly. I think it's a great opportunity to give Wells the 2nd half to show what he can do with 20 carries. I don't see them resting BOTH Htower and wells for the 2nd half, so one of them has to get the touches. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets 20 carries, 115 yards, 2 TDs. But if somehow the Rams make this a close contest, I could see 12 carries, 60 yards.

i picked him up for my flex spot.. dropped ahmad bradshaw.. (he has gotten me through the bye weeks) and i"m playing him instead of braylon edwards

Is it time to put him in your starting lineups? :pointstosky:

Vs. STL is very tempting. Would you start him over Addai @ BAL?

I am thinking I will

anybody else starting him over another decent option?

I was skeptical at first, but it is now clear that he is becoming the man and that zona schedule is so easy. As a #2 Rb or flex.......you cant go wrong this week or any week with beanie.

I'm sitting Rhoddy White and Simms in favor of Beanie (Starting Hines Ward and Steve Smith Car)

I expect big things. He is a stud in the making. :music_guitarred:

I'm not sure that I'd go that far unless your league HEAVILY favors RB's.

I'm not sure that I'd go that far unless your league HEAVILY favors RB's.

Same bonuses - but can only start 2RB/3WR or 3RB/2WR - and I'm going RB heavy this week with Snelling since I lost Turner for 2 weeks AND Brown for the year.

Sims @ Buffalo and Rhoddy @ NYG make my decision easier, but I'm sure one will blow up on me.