Sign in to follow this  
Cin-De

Am I the only one

It's the Playoffs and we've got Fargas and Bradshaw sitting on the bench.

I feel like I want to sit Smith and play one of the other guys.

We've had Smith all year and he never lights it up or anything.

It's the Playoffs and we've got Fargas and Bradshaw sitting on the bench.

I feel like I want to sit Smith and play one of the other guys.

We've had Smith all year and he never lights it up or anything.

you are not alone here......I am avoiding smith like the plague......he faces a tough vikes run d in minny and a pissed off vikes team after last weeks loss.....

you are not alone here......I am avoiding smith like the plague......he faces a tough vikes run d in minny and a pissed off vikes team after last weeks loss.....

Actually Detroit is at Baltimore. But the Ravens lost to GB in GB last week abd I know Ray Lewis is gonna wanna hurt someone on that crappy Lions team.

I think you are the only one who is contemplating starting him (unless your RB's are that bad - in which case, how did you make the playoffs?)

I feel you big time...I have Kevin Smith and technically I should start him, BUT...at Baltimore, against a pissed off Ravens team does not seem like a recipe for success.

With this said, he should get some love in the passing game if he does not get it rushing and although he has not "blown up" at all, he has been consistently putting up average points. He is also a 3 down running back who should touch the ball at least 20 times. I did not watch the game, but he did well against the Bengals last week and I think they were number 3 against the run?

I have Bradshaw, Forsett, and Ganther available to replace K. Jones, but Bradshaw is banged up and does not get a lot of touches, Forsett is risky b/c of JJ and who the heck knows with Ganther?

What to do...

I think you are the only one who is contemplating starting him (unless your RB's are that bad - in which case, how did you make the playoffs?)

I have been starting him most of the year, and made the playoffs, along with my other stellar backs Mccoy and Slaton

Luckily I have Moss, Fitz, Rodgers, VD, and Harvin in a ppr/return league

Wow DUMB

If Turner doesn't play, I'm stuck playing either Kevin Smith or Jason Snelling. Smith has a terrible matchup, but Snelling's team will be down double digits within minutes and will be forced to throw. Guess I could always play Burleson in the flex spot. :huh:

I benched Smith 7 weeks ago and forgot I had him on my roster. He's awful. He has zero speed.

Smith has actually had his best stretch of the year the past few games, going for 342 total yards and 2 TDs in 3 weeks, finishing RB3, RB28, and RB6 in standard scoring. The passing has kept him alive, making him a poor man's Slaton, and he's taken advantage of garbage time. He runs unimpressively and still hasn't flashed big-play ability except as a receiver, but he's been getting it done in terms of fantasy.

I'm not too high on him for this week because it's the Ravens and because Culpepper will be in at QB, but I think for those of us in deep leagues you could do far worse for your #2 back. Sometimes it's not about how a guy looks, but about what the stat sheet says at the end of the day.