Sign in to follow this  
mahoney

Any DeAngelo owners left in the playoffs?

Seems J-Stew may have reaggravated an injured toe that required surgery during his rookie season...http://www.heraldonline.com/247/story/1807894.html

Any DeAngelo owners still alive in the playoffs? I know he hasn't helped much during the last two weeks....

Rolling with him vs. Minnesota?

I have him and will be starting him. He has the ability to break one any any given play so there's no way I bench him. At the time they played Arizona the Cardinals were ranked top 3 in rush D and he went off on them.

I'm rolling with him this week....although Maroney has a better matchup on paper....but I don't trust Patriots' RBs.

There's yards to be had against the Vikings run defense.....and I think DWill could post solid but not great numbers. It's been awhile since the Vikings have yielded a 100 yard rusher so I wouldn't expect 100 yards....and the Vikings don't allow many rushing TDs, so you can't really expect that either. But if he can get involved in the passing game, it's reasonable to expect 10...11...12 points this week.

I benched him last week in favor of Charles. (Ray Rice is my other back) Looking at this week's matchups...If DWill vs. Minnesota is option #1 and Charles vs. Cleveland is option #2....best believe I will roll with Charles again.

You can blame Fox, or Delhomme, or Mother Teresa...bottom line is a banged up DWill of 2009 aint producing like the DWill of 2008. If you are a gambler, ta hell with the stick with your studs theory...you will roll with whose hot. I guess if you don't have anyone else...then roll with Dwill, I'm not.

I have him and will be starting him. He has the ability to break one any any given play so there's no way I bench him. At the time they played Arizona the Cardinals were ranked top 3 in rush D and he went off on them.

:lol:

I am rolling with him this week only because my other options stink (Lynch, F. Jones). He has done failry well this year, not sure why so many people are ripping him. If J-Stew is out he should put up 10+ ff points.

I benched him last week in favor of Charles. (Ray Rice is my other back) Looking at this week's matchups...If DWill vs. Minnesota is option #1 and Charles vs. Cleveland is option #2....best believe I will roll with Charles again.

You can blame Fox, or Delhomme, or Mother Teresa...bottom line is a banged up DWill of 2009 aint producing like the DWill of 2008. If you are a gambler, ta hell with the stick with your studs theory...you will roll with whose hot. I guess if you don't have anyone else...then roll with Dwill, I'm not.

Gimme a break. No he hasn't gotten into the endzone as much this year but he just went for 6.3 per carry on Sunday, and he's 3rd in ypc to Chris Johnson and Ray Rice only with a 5.3 ypc average, and 6th overall in rushing yards in the NFL with over 1100 off of just 210 carries. He's producing, but not getting in the endzone like last year.

Carolina isn't going to the playoffs this year. Carolina doesn't have much to play for beyond pride. But Carolina is the home team this week in the best primetime game of the week. SNF. It's the closest thing the Panthers will get to the playoffs or Super Bowl this year. You'd better believe the Vikings are going to get Carolina's best shot this week. And now with J Stewart hurting, there's no way I'm sitting Deangelo.

Well....this isn't good:

Panthers placed RT Jeff Otah (knee) on injured reserve, ending his season.

Otah played through a torn meniscus Sunday before leaving later in the game with a sore shoulder. Otah will undergo surgery, and he's expected to be ready for OTAs. The Panthers had already lost LT Jordan Gross to a broken leg, so this is a huge blow to the offensive line. DeAngelo Williams can't be benched, but he's now without both starting tackles in a tough matchup against the Vikings.

As of now, I have him benched. I have another option but not a good matchup. C.Benson against San Diego. I'm really not sure what I'm going to do. I think I may end up rolling the dice on D.Williams. Guess it's a coin flip :overhead:

The Otah news isn't very good but I can't imagine sitting him for Jennings, Foster, or Ganther.

The Otah news isn't very good

Agreed. That's not good news. However, if he's going to have a good game yet this year, I have a feeling it will be this game. A primetime game in Carolina against Adrian Peterson.....what more motivation can Deangelo have? I don't think Carolina's had a primetime game beyond a Thursday Nighter yet this year and it doesn't get any more prime than SNF. I'm starting him and don't care where the different sites will rank him.......and I'm sure it will be out of the top 10.

As of now, I have him benched. I have another option but not a good matchup. C.Benson against San Diego. I'm really not sure what I'm going to do. I think I may end up rolling the dice on D.Williams. Guess it's a coin flip :dunno:

I had the same issues last week with LT,DWill and Benson. Honestly if they would just feed the rock to DWill he would still be a top back. But they just don't. With the match-up (even with stewart hurting) I'm sitting both Beson and DWill and running with Ganther and Beanie Wells. Of course I lost last week by 12 ( thanks Q ) so I'm just playing for love of the game now. LOL

Dammit. Just what I need is for Stewart to vulture a red zone score or two. :thumbsup:

As of now, I have him benched. I have another option but not a good matchup. C.Benson against San Diego. I'm really not sure what I'm going to do. I think I may end up rolling the dice on D.Williams. Guess it's a coin flip :thumbsup:

No question in my mind that you go with Benson:

Better, more consistent fantasy RB going against a much softer run defense in a game that means everything...

vs

A banged up player who doesn't get short yardage carries, is part of a textbook RBBC, with little threat of a passing game against arguably the most stout defensive front 7 in the league, in a game that means nothing.

Me on the otherhand... I am having a tough time deciding between a very untrustworthy Beanie Wells in a good match-up vs a much better RB in a bad match-up. Right now I am leaning towards Wells.

That Stewart news sucks. I may end up sitting Williams. Right now I have Gore, Moreno and D Will + Gates, Colston, and Garcon, with Jennings on my bench. What would you guys do? Sit Jennings or D Will?

That Stewart news sucks. I may end up sitting Williams. Right now I have Gore, Moreno and D Will + Gates, Colston, and Garcon, with Jennings on my bench. What would you guys do? Sit Jennings or D Will?

It's SNF......you play Deangelo.