Sign in to follow this  
huskerinct

Week 17 SuperBowl

I was in a league that did it once.......ONCE. Do you guys really still have week 17 decide a champion? So many guys sit. Seems pretty sh**y to have that determine the outcome of a league. This is probably a stupid post....I was just curious.

I do it in one league. just won after the 4 oclock games. Benched warner for A smith. Was pissed until the 4th quarter. It kinda sucks, but its just one more week of FF fun! BTW, thank you Chris Johnson. what a year

I do it in one league. just won after the 4 oclock games. Benched warner for A smith. Was pissed until the 4th quarter. It kinda sucks, but its just one more week of FF fun! BTW, thank you Chris Johnson. what a year

Yeah. Awesome. Let me run for the title the one week most teams bench players or "might" bench them - so you can play some tool over your best draft choice to earn you money - as if your probability to win wasn't bad enough in Week 16.

Sounds awesome to me! :thumbsup:

In order to have just one more game for everyone in our league, we have a "Pro Bowl".

The Super Bowl Champ is decided in week 16 and in week 17 all owners come back in for one more game. Highest scorer of the week gets $50.

I know that many teams are resting or partially resting players but it's better than our season being over and doing nothing in week 17 ! :bandana:

Said it before... but I prefer 17-week leagues. Anybody can cruise with a stable of stud players. But is your team deep enough to survive those same studs sitting?

True test of a Fantasy GM, imo. But again... not for everyone. :music_guitarred:

Said it before... but I prefer 17-week leagues. Anybody can cruise with a stable of stud players. But is your team deep enough to survive those same studs sitting?

True test of a Fantasy GM, imo. But again... not for everyone. :doublethumbsup:

I disagree. The Colts and Chargers (assuming they make it) are not gonna be playing their back ups in the AFC Championship Game. They will be playing their studs. But...just my opinion.

I disagree. The Colts and Chargers (assuming they make it) are not gonna be playing their back ups in the AFC Championship Game. They will be playing their studs. But...just my opinion.

Well I guess it's a good thing it is fantasy Football, not real football! I play in a league that has Championship in week 17, and I like it...it comes down to how well you build your team and manage it. It is easy to get stud players, it is another to build an entire team!

I finished 9-4 regular season, and finished in 2nd yesterday, lost by one point. But I think building a total team in important!

Considering this thread only had 7 people reply.......

Playing that week punishes guys who drafted good players. Thats how you end up with people winning championship games with Alex Smith. Ridiculous.

I lost one league i was helping a buddy with because he had Manning and Wayne. We rolled all year....and because they sat in the final week....he lost....of course to a guy who played scrubs who got playing time.

So i suppose if you like not drafting the best players...but the players you think will play during title weeks....yeah i suppose thats a lot of fun to start david garrard that week (eyeroll)

I think i speak for a majority of fantasy football honks when i say....the first time my league plays week 17...is the last year i play in that league.

Considering this thread only had 7 people reply.......

Playing that week punishes guys who drafted good players. Thats how you end up with people winning championship games with Alex Smith. Ridiculous.

So the championship should be decided by draft order? As most veterans know, drafting isn't even half the battle. It's certainly important, but who to play and who to pick up along the way are what make true champions.

If some dipstick in our league lucks out in the draft and falls into a stud team simply because his ESPN cheat sheet happened to be right for a change... he can just cruise all season in a 16 and win the championship. Week 17 SB is the equalizer.

Again, just an opinion. To each his own. :overhead:

I love my 17 week league, but that said, it killed me this year for the first time. I've been in the league four years, and never did I have a lower point total than this Week 17. I believe this was a perfect storm year though. At the top of the AFC you had the top 2 seeds already locked up. There were more teams that had something to play for in the middle than usual, but think about the amount of name players that played for those top 2 teams in the AFC. The NFC was far, far worse. No team was playing to get into the playoffs, so they all could care less what happened (New York Giants being a textbook example - how high were those guys rated coming into the week?). New Orleans had #1 locked up, so they were out. Green Bay and Arizona was essentially a walkthrough for a great amount of players, and Rodgers didn't play much (if any?) in the second half. And Philadelphia didn't really get the memo that they had a game against Dallas. The potential rematches made for some vanilla playcalling, the huge amount of teams that could rest with no worries made for some big time players on the bench. Think about the stud QBs that you could not have played with any confidence: Brees, P. Manning, Rivers, Rodgers, Warner. Some probably didn't even play Brady because who the hell knows what Belichick will do.