Sign in to follow this  
sebringc4

Need an Online Auction Website

I am becoming the league's commissioner. We currently do a live snake draft which is a blast. I would like to offer the league the option to do an live auction draft.

One issue is that it is difficult to count on everyone showing up. Most of the owners would be able to showed up with laptops, which would allow us to do the auction online for those who can't make it.

Does anyone know of an online auction website? Our league is with Yahoo, so I need it only for the auction.

Thanks...

I believe you should be able to set something up on yahoo messenger that will have a chat room for the participants

Rink

FFT has one for you.... :first:

damn, beat me to it

:wub:

me too!

I believe ESPN had an auction draft room last year but I'm not positive. Since Fantasy Auctioneer closed up shop there aren't a lot of good options out there for online auction drafts. :wub:

I believe ESPN had an auction draft room last year but I'm not positive. Since Fantasy Auctioneer closed up shop there aren't a lot of good options out there for online auction drafts. :overhead:

:wub:

"I always feel like, somebody's watchin' me" -Rockwell

Lot of funny people on this website. I'll check out ebay....after I check ESPN! :-)

My league (MFL.com) has used fantasy auctioneer in years past (was really great, imported right into MFL post draft), but for this past season I had to improvise as they closed shop.

So we ended up making a free league on ESPN solely for the purpose of doing the auction draft on the ESPN site. Once we were done I did have to manually add each player we drafted to the MFL site (and their drafted salaries....we use a salary cap league), but that took all of 30 minutes, and away our league went.

I might add, the ESPN drafting site was nice, id venture to say even better then fantasy auctioneer (which crashed a lot the last 2 years, hence their main reason for closing).

Oh, one other thing, if I recall correctly ESPN only supports 200 dollar cap auction leagues. My league is a 100 dollar cap league, so I had to use a little cleverness to get around that (had each owner draft the lowest K/TE, etc for 100 dollars in the first round of the draft), but no biggy when you are getting it all for free!!