Sign in to follow this  
worm

Chester or L.T.

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who signs first?

• Chester Taylor
    • LaDanian Tomlinson

Chester Taylor.............30......6490 career rush/rec yards......4.3 yd/carry career avg....28 career TD's

LaDanian Tomlinson ....30.....16,445 career rush/rec yards....4.3 yd/carry career avg....153 career TD's

L.T. brings a prime-time name and numerous records, but is showing signs of decline. Chester hasn't carried more than 11 times in a game since 2007, but has been able to produce when asked and has much less wear and tear. Plus Chester most likely would cost less (L.T. wouldn't come down from $3 mil in SD). As far as value goes, Taylor would seem to have more, but will GM's/owners be seduced by L.T.'s stats?

taylor knows what he is and is comfortable with that---contributing as a role player on offense, backing up and teaching your hb1, and making 3rd down catches and draw plays count.

tomlinson still has the ego of a hb1 and believes he is such a player---he will sift and screen the opportunities and probably have a tougher time because he still wants that role. will he stay positive, focused, and contribute if things don;t go his way??

Saw this quote from LT:

"I do know that I would have to go to a team that has (a proven) quarterback, a place where you know you have a chance to win," LT said. "The main thing for me now is to try to win a championship. The next team I go to has to have a chance of winning a title."

Had I waited another day I would have added Westbrook to the list, but it looks like Taylor would still be the best option.

Taylor hasn't taken nearly the pounding LT has. Even though they're the same age, LT has alot more milage on his tires!

I am not sure who will sign first, but I think most teams will be more interested in Taylor.

At this point in their careers I'd definately say Taylor. He's not as beat up and proven he can perform. I would sign him to a 2-3 year deal. LT, I might sign to a 1 year incentive laden deal.

LT has the advantage of having already beend released and free to sign with anothe team while Chester Taylor has to wait until he becomes a FA on March 5.

I have a feeling it will be LT.