Sign in to follow this  
Raider 84

Is it time to let Ted Thompson go?

Why fire him at this point?

Now...after this season or the next we will see...

I base this on one thing...the Oline. Can they sustain with the aging tackles. If so, this offense that he mostly put together has already had the most prolific numbers of any offense in GB history as far as points scored. If they can keep going or are able to replace the tackles...do you fire a GM who put together Rodgers, Finley, Jennings when they are scoring like mad?

Of course, its not just one thing...the D will have to be there too, and its a similar tune to the offense...can they sustain with the aging CBs and can he replace them adequately.

While the mess with Favre was not handled well...all in all they came out of it well. And if anyone thinks he should be let go because of losing twice to the Vikings? Come on...pretty foolish view there IMO.

Im not saying he is great...but this team has some major potential right now...firing him now would be monumentally dumb.

This thread is ludicrous. TT is not even close to being fired. He has a couple of ways to go in the draft and so it will be hard pressed to be able to say he is wrong. I hope he goes my way which is to get two quality O linemen. They were an OT to get to the NFC title game last year. Absurd.

Why fire him at this point?

Now...after this season or the next we will see...

I base this on one thing...the Oline. Can they sustain with the aging tackles. If so, this offense that he mostly put together has already had the most prolific numbers of any offense in GB history as far as points scored. If they can keep going or are able to replace the tackles...do you fire a GM who put together Rodgers, Finley, Jennings when they are scoring like mad?

Of course, its not just one thing...the D will have to be there too, and its a similar tune to the offense...can they sustain with the aging CBs and can he replace them adequately.

While the mess with Favre was not handled well...all in all they came out of it well. And if anyone thinks he should be let go because of losing twice to the Vikings? Come on...pretty foolish view there IMO.

Im not saying he is great...but this team has some major potential right now...firing him now would be monumentally dumb.

I was just trying to slide one by. My year of dissent is over. All I ever said I wanted, after the debacle was over, was for brett to march into Lambeau a win.