Sign in to follow this  
RLLD

Rookie Draft

Assuming the first two picks will be either Spiller or Mathews, depending on which team actually selects them... who might be the next three?

Gerhart, Best, Dwyer?

Or would one of the QB's or WR's be best?

I think the top two picks will be Spiller or Bryant. Then I think Matthews is the consensus #3. After that I think it will get much clearer once the NFL draft happens. If Matthews goes to a great situation then he could move up. Bryant has some issues but he has the potential to be an elite WR and for that reason he is worth a top 2 pick imo.

I think for sure Spiller/Bryant/Matthews are the top three in some order.

Assuming the first two picks will be either Spiller or Mathews, depending on which team actually selects them... who might be the next three?

Gerhart, Best, Dwyer?

Or would one of the QB's or WR's be best?

I'll just assume "rookie draft" means Dynasty and your in a somewhat normal scoring system. When it comes to this I have a sliding scale for players that pushes RB for obvious reasons. The WR and QB questions are just too great to overvalue any rookie IMHO. As such there are few drafts which I could find a WR/QB in top 5 over the last 10 years, in hindsight I may have shortchanged myself a bit but I'd rather miss mildly on a RB than wildly on the others...

Anyway, assuming reasonable opportunities for all rooks (not a given) I have:

Spiller

Matthews

Gerhart - Hard to find a team he won't get reps on and he's an agile bull...not blazing, minor jukes..WHITE..but nothing bad in his game

Dwyer - Could end up blooming, but I see more of a RBBC role player for long term (too many teams with this approach)

Best - Meh, see above...3rd down, speedy but good all-around..just don't see a starter role in the horizon for his game

Bryant - my #1 WR with all the skills but situation dictates the short term, dedication decides the rest..could even drop him below Bradford by the time I draft

Hardesty - situation, situation, situation.. Another likely RBBC role for 2010 and beyond. Here is where I hope I could be wrong though since he could have more game than I've seen so far and its an NFL #1 RB body

Tate (RB, not Golden) - See a little Donald Brown in his game, another back who fits my mold of feature back but may never get the chance in today's NFL

Bradford - Could slide as high as #4/5 in my rankings. None of the QB's in this draft float my boat all too much...nobody has Ryan/Flacco type upside for me and the teams desperate for a QB right now are years from having any WR pool that excites me in any way to make this bump likely.

Interesting responses. :thumbsdown:

McCluster has a lot of raw talent, givin the right situation I think he will surprise a lot of people...one of those players I feel that is sliding under the radar!

For a sleeper, the rb from Tennessee has a ton of talent and perfect size to be an all round back.