Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

2010 NFL Draft Weekend Team Thread: Philadelphia Eagles

There will be regrets by some first round teams for not grabbing Kindle. The Ravens was a nice landing spot for him though.

Kindle was a terrific pick for the Ravens. Assuming Flacco continues to develop and Ray Rice builds off last season, they could be scary good - right now it looks to me like the Ravens and Jets are the teams to beat in the AFC.

Kindle was a terrific pick for the Ravens. Assuming Flacco continues to develop and Ray Rice builds off last season, they could be scary good - right now it looks to me like the Ravens and Jets are the teams to beat in the AFC.

I agree!

That's a great bit of heckling, yelling RUN THE BALL so loud during the Reid espn interview that he hears it in philthy. :lol:

I have previously accused this team of acquiring "scratch and dent" players.

Now after this draft, they can now be called "bargain basement shoppers".

It truly is ridiculous, and I now firmly believe all this is happening because they believe a lock-out is inevitable next year.

I don't mean to stereotype, but Banner and Roseman, 'nuff said.

think the birds are looking at rolle later on in the day? smart kid good player...anyone have a draft profile on him?

I have previously accused this team of acquiring "scratch and dent" players.

Now after this draft, they can now be called "bargain basement shoppers".

It truly is ridiculous, and I now firmly believe all this is happening because they believe a lock-out is inevitable next year.

I don't mean to stereotype, but Banner and Roseman, 'nuff said.

I agree. I don't mind trading down if you could pick up another pick and still get your guy, but the Eagles obvously didn't even have a GUY. This 2nd and 3rd round had some quality players in it, and the Eagles failed to use their picks as assets. Unless they think this is a REALLY deep draft, I don't see them being able to do anything great today. They definitely still need some depth in the secondary.

I agree. I don't mind trading down if you could pick up another pick and still get your guy, but the Eagles obvously didn't even have a GUY. This 2nd and 3rd round had some quality players in it, and the Eagles failed to use their picks as assets. Unless they think this is a REALLY deep draft, I don't see them being able to do anything great today. They definitely still need some depth in the secondary.

agree, its kind of puzzling; yet, as much as i publicly dont like fatty reid, i appreciate the draft strategy he and the philly FO have always employed regarding trench players and defensive players fitting their unit. i know tom heckert is gone, and the new GM roseman [sp?] is itching to make his mark, but i guess im miffed at the predraft hype and buzz about pending sizzle, and it has kind of been a fizzle after the graham pick.

What really irks me as a fan is what I heard this morning from a few of the local football experts.

As a collective group, they got some athletic guys, many of which are "high character" guys, many of which happened to be team captains. Ray Diddinger was asked about what the Eagles were thinking, he said that basically they went for sheer number of athletes they can fit in their system.

I'm sorry, but the system has yet to reap any rewards. Sure they've been fairly successful over the past decade. But, history has shown in the NFL that systems have a shelf life, and other coaches eventually catch up with a system. IMO, the system doesn't work anymore. Dallas crushed the Eagles last year with sheer size and speed.

You can't win it all with an undersized defense that depends on the blitz for turnovers. You can't win with an offense who throws the ball 70% of the time, that is unable to control the clock and dictate field position.

I hate to say it, but it's more of the same.