Sign in to follow this  
TylerRoseFan

Louisiana Public Employee Retirment System Legislation

These are some bills that have been introduced in the Louisiana House relating to the public retirement system. My question is, should someone forfeit benefits they've already earned?

HB 69 LIGI RETIREMENT BENEFITS (Constitutional Amendment) Provides for forfeiture of retirement benefits by public officials and employees who are

convicted of felony acts associated with their positions

HB 72 LABRUZZO RETIREMENT BENEFITS Prohibits a public servant convicted of an office-related felony from receiving retirement benefits

HB 73 LIGI RETIREMENT BENEFITS Requires forfeiture of retirement benefits by any public employee or elected official who is a member of a public retirement system and is convicted of certain state or federal felony acts associated with his office

HB 143 LABRUZZO RETIREMENT BENEFITS (Constitutional Amendment) Provides for forfeiture of public retirement benefits by certain persons who are convicted of felony acts associated with their positions

If they're convicted of a felony associated with their position? I'm fine with that.

I think this is all smoke and mirrors. They are trying to look like they are tough on public corruption and they know it either won't pass or the courts will rule this unconstitutional. We've got decades of corruption that needs cleaning up and some of the new legislators are addressing it. I'm suprised it made it through committe.