Sign in to follow this  
evenflow814

Who to take #1 overall?

10 team, 1 keeper/PPR league. Standard scoring. Start 1QB/1RB/2WR/Flex. I'll be keeping Peterson. I have the first pick in every round (non-snaking draft). Ray Rice, A. Johnson, Fitzgerald, C. Johnson will all be available. I'm leaning toward Rice with the top pick and then looking to go WR, WR, TE (if everything falls into place...which it rarely does) in the next few rounds. Possibly throw a QB in there if there's a run.

What do you think about Rice going first? I wonder how Boldin will affect his touches, if at all. Or should I go with one of the stud WRs and look for a RB in round 2? I like Rice for his consistency over one of the WRs.

Any thoughts?

I think Rice #1 is a great idea. If anything, I think Boldin may help his numbers by stretching the field a bit more, and he's a great blocker for a WR.

Is the 'C. Johnson' you mention Calvin or Chris? Either way, I think Rice is a strong pick. I'd consider Chris there as well, but if it's Calvin, then Rice is the best pick.

Wow, Ray Rice and Andre Johnson are available in a PPR 1 keeper league? I'd definitely take Ray Rice here. You will have 2 of the top 3 players in my opinion. Rice is just soo consistent in PPR leagues because of his receiving ability.

Yeah, the "C. Johnson" is Calvin. Chris will be kept. I have Rice on my team also, which is why he's available. The guy who has Andre Johnson also has MJD, so Drew will be kept as well. Thanks for your advice. That's the way I was leaning, but like to hear it from others too, or if there's something I'm missing. I love Rice, so I can be a bit biased.

Rice here. AJ would prolly work fine too being a PPR. However, RBs who get the majority of touches are just too valuable. What a great one-two punch you should have at RB with Rice and ADP.

I would take AJ over Rice especially in a PPR league where you start 2WR/1RB. Rice has TD vultures all around him. AJ has no competition.

I know KeeperCommish, I thought the same thing. But Rice outscored Johnson by over 20 points in my league last year. That's where I'm scratching my head. Not sure of the Boldin affect on Rice, but Johnson has never had double-digit TDs in a year, and Owen Daniels should be back this year. That could help or hurt AJ too.

This is what makes Fantasy Football fun I suppose.

Rice for 2 reasons:

1. With so few starters, there will be plenty of strong WRs to fill your weekly roster.

2. You get to pick again after just 9 picks because of the format. I like your odds of grabbing a Jennings, White, Austin, or Marshall level guy at that spot. Rice and someone like that trump AJ and a lesser back.

I think you should take Andre Johnson. Rice doesn't get the ball inside the 5 very much, and you cna get plenty of runningback help later given your roster rules. You can't really go wrong with Rice here either, but I just think, everyone is going to keep a RB and the WRs are going to go flying off the board, and you'll get some decent value in the 2nd round.