Sign in to follow this  
desertfire

Green Eilis the starter?

In the game tonight Ben Jarvis Green Ellis has received all the first team reps with Faulk coming in on third down. Maroney is nowhere to be found in the first quarter and a half.

1. It is the preseason.

2. It is Bill Belichick.

3. It is the Patriots.

4. Refer to #1.

NO.

Laurence Maroney and Fred Taylor will get a majority of the carries together. Until Taylor gets injured, that is.

The Pats played BGE with the first team today because they are deciding whether to keep him on the roster or not. Maroney, Taylor, and Kevin Faulk are probably locks. They are likely trying to decide whether they should keep Green-Ellis and/or Sammy Morris.

NO.

Laurence Maroney and Fred Taylor will get a majority of the carries together. Until Taylor gets injured, that is.

The Pats played BGE with the first team today because they are deciding whether to keep him on the roster or not. Maroney, Taylor, and Kevin Faulk are probably locks. They are likely trying to decide whether they should keep Green-Ellis and/or Sammy Morris.

Makes sense

NO.

I am not so sure about Taylor. From what I saw at camp, Taylor was dropping balls left and right. Sammy Morris was getting the goal-line carries.

until i hear from Salparadise i will assume this is a non issue

:overhead:

i wouldnt even worry about it man, i dont think any RB on the Patriots roster is really worth a spot anyway. It's to much of a crapshoot to figure out who is going to start from week to week, huge huge RBBC. I trust Bill Belichick about as much as i do Gary Kubiak.

Only Pats RB worth taking a flier on is Laurence Maroney (like every year). This is a contract year for him, so if the light is ever going to go on in his head it would probably be this season.

If you look at his stats last year, he was actually pretty good between weeks 6 and 15. He ended up getting benched because of fumbling problems, so he didn't do jack in weeks 16 and 17.

So there is a chance that he'll put it all together this year and end up a viable fantasy RB. Of course, I could have said that each of the last five years (and probably did).