Sign in to follow this  
ricanrockers

Is LT going to hurt Shonn Greene's fantasy value?

Maybe.....but it wasn't a 50/50 split last night.

The thing LT does have going in his favor is the Jets won't be running too many offensive plays this year.....because that offense isn't very good. So that'll limit the wear and tear on the old man.

:unsure:

By the end of the year, Greene may have slightly more carries but LT will be used much more in the passing game. Neither of them are all that good. Owners who drafted Greene in the 2nd are going to be very disappointed with a 5th round talent. He's brittle, fumble-prone and not very talented. Sorry.

By the end of the year, Greene may have slightly more carries but LT will be used much more in the passing game. Neither of them are all that good. Owners who drafted Greene in the 2nd are going to be very disappointed with a 5th round talent. He's brittle, fumble-prone and not very talented. Sorry.

No need to be sorry, I avoided all these overrated focks from the get go. The Greene hype train was way out of control earlier this summer. There was a thread here focusing on Greene as a top 5 talent. Insane.

For the purposes of this thread though....Shonn Greene is hurting Shonn Greene's fantasy value. LT looks good now, I just question if he'll be able to keep it up.

If LT2 leads this team in rushing, then the Jets will not make the playoffs. It's that simple. They need Greene to cure his fumblitis and produce or the theme of LT2 getting 60 yards and the Jets losing will be a year long theme.

thats a very stubborn statement.

what if he leads the Jets with 1300 rushing yards?

not likely, but you see my point.

the Jets offense as a whole last night was actually a victim of the defense. For as great as the defense played on 1st and 2nd downs, the numerous holding and interference penalties kept the Jets offense off the field. Did the offense look good? no, not at all. LT was the lone bright spot. But they should have had more opportunities to get in rythm.

my main complaint was the playcalling by Schotty. Enough with the checks and kills please. Call a ###### play and run it.

LT looks good now, I just question if he'll be able to keep it up.

ofcourse, everyone questions if he will be able to keep it up.

the main point is all the Shonn Greene owners had their heads in the sand regarding LT.

it couldn't be possible that behind a much stronger offensive line, LT would produce better numbers and cut into Greenes playing time. Sure, Greene hurt himself last night with fumbles, but you were going to see a decent amount of LT either way.

sometimes you have to look at all the factors, not just age. look at the roles they will play, why a guy was brought in, etc..

it's simple, greene was a TERRIBLE value in the 1st or 2nd round. LT was a tremendoues value where he was going. what kind of stats they end up with at the end of the year is anyone's guess, but they'll be a lot closer than their draft positions indicated. i really don't understand the discrepancy in draft positions of most of these committee RBs. other than a few guys (j. charles comes to mind) all the other RBBC situations are so hard to tell. why would you take one guy in the 1st or 2nd knowing he'll share his carries pretty much 50/50?

per roto:

Coach Rex Ryan suggested Tuesday that Shonn Greene and LaDainian Tomlinson will split carries equally going forward.

Ryan indicated that Greene and Tomlinson "are both the centerpiece" of the Jets' ground attack, and he wants the two backs to receive "15 carries apiece" in an ideal game. For the time being, Tomlinson is the more valuable of the two on a week-to-week basis considering his advantage in the passing game. Greene has been demoted to "flex" status for this week's game against the Patriots. Sep. 14 - 1:18 pm et

Week 2

Tomlinson - 11/76 rushing 4/21 receiving in on crucial 4th down play and at the goalline

Greene - 15/52 rushing 1/8 receiving

I thought LT was D.O.N.E. and was little threat to Greene :dunno: Whats going on guys?

Week 2

Tomlinson - 11/76 rushing 4/21 receiving in on crucial 4th down play and at the goalline

Greene - 15/52 rushing 1/8 receiving

I thought LT was D.O.N.E. and was little threat to Greene :dunno: Whats going on guys?

Clearly LT is a better receiver than Greene and the Jets use this as a safety valve for Sanchez. Also, the O-Line has downgraded with the release of Faneca. That was a bad move by the Jets. Seems like LT just needs daylight to run through compared to Greene who may need a larger gap. It's a long season, so don't count out Greene just yet. His bruising style of running will start paying off in the later part of the season when defense's are tired and thin from injuries.

He'll never be as low as he is now. You might be able to get him for an overperforming RB or WR if the Greene owner is ready to jump off a cliff. It just takes an LT injury to make him relevant again, or you can stash him for the fantasy playoff run.

Clearly LT is a better receiver than Greene and the Jets use this as a safety valve for Sanchez. Also, the O-Line has downgraded with the release of Faneca. That was a bad move by the Jets. Seems like LT just needs daylight to run through compared to Greene who may need a larger gap. It's a long season, so don't count out Greene just yet. His bruising style of running will start paying off in the later part of the season when defense's are tired and thin from injuries.

i was being sarcastic, ive been calling this all offseason.

i was being sarcastic, ive been calling this all offseason.

Hey WhiteWonder, wasn't that a great game and a coming out party for Sanchez?!?! :banana:

I got tickets on Halloween to see the Jets vs GreenBay. If the Jets play like this, that's going to be a great game!!

Hey WhiteWonder, wasn't that a great game and a coming out party for Sanchez?!?! :banana:

I got tickets on Halloween to see the Jets vs GreenBay. If the Jets play like this, that's going to be a great game!!

i nearly went to the game yesterday... halloween is another i am looking at :thumbsup:

like i said in the Jets Pats thread, I think we saw what Mark and the offense are capable of when the defense gets them the ball instead of giving away free first downs every drive.

Its tough to gain momentum without opportunity.

i nearly went to the game yesterday... halloween is another i am looking at :thumbsup:

like i said in the Jets Pats thread, I think we saw what Mark and the offense are capable of when the defense gets them the ball instead of giving away free first downs every drive.

Its tough to gain momentum without opportunity.

Totally agree but taking the shackles off Sanchez maybe the beginning of something BIG. This just takes some pressure off the Defense which is a little banged up now.

As a Greene owner who had an opportunity to watch the Jets beat my Patriots, the question now becomes: Is Shonn Greene going to hurt LT's fantasy value?

i got him in the 9th round of our draft and he is actually my number 4 RB. I have a possibility of picking up javid best on waivers but I would have to drop LT for him. I'm really unsure what to do.

'i got him in the 9th round of our draft and he is actually my number 4 RB. I have a possibility of picking up javid best on waivers but I would have to drop LT for him. I'm really unsure what to do. '

Is this a real post?