Sign in to follow this  
Gang23Greene

Your opinions on my team?

12 team league. 7th pick. non-ppr. pretty standard scoring. we start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 DEF, 1 K.

i know my WRs aren't the greatest so trade ideas would be appreciated as well.

QB: Matt Schaub

WR: Jeremy Maclin, Pierre Garcon, Mike Wallace, Bernard Berrian, Jerricho Cotchery, Louis Murphy

RB: Frank Gore, DeAngelo Williams, Arian Foster, Reggie Bush, LT, Chester Taylor

TE: John Carlson

K: None yet

DEF: Saints

Thanks in advance. i'll help in return, just leave a link in your reply. :cheers:

I think of all the 12-team league rosters I have seen posted on here, yours is the most lopsided when it comes to RB vs. WR's. I don't think your team is BAD, but as you pointed out, an upgrade in WR is key.

The best thing I can see for you is the rise in Arian Fosters roll so far. Can you offer him and a WR package to the owner of Slaton for an upgrade in WR? Just an thought. Otherwise, you're looking at giving up one of your Top 2 RB's and putting Foster in your starting lineup, which might not be a bad thing.

A lot of boom/bust potential in terms of your wrs'.

A decent team overall.

Thanks for answering mine.

First off, thanks for answering mine. Now, about your team: I like Schaub as your QB. He's good. Yes, your WR's could be better, but there is still some talent. I really like your Running Backs, though. Carlson is an okay TE, so you should be able to do pretty good with him.

As for trade ideas, i would try to trade Berrian and Cotchery for either another WR or another TE.

i like the suggestions to package a trade for a beter reciever, you are really hurting there. You are stacked at back but yopu need one more reciever to put u in that top tier of teams. Hope this helps

I say trade Berrian and LT to whoever has Shonn Greene for a better WR. I think LT has little left and represents the handcuff to greene which is why I think you should target his owner. Berrian is being hyped as this years Sidney Rice right now so if you can get him to buy the hype, he might not think of this move as a downgrade.

hey guys, thanks for your replies.

the guy who owns greene doesn't have any wrs that i'd really like (ocho, welker, housh). but i do know that he wants lt. he's offered cadillac straight up but i don't think i'm gonna do that.

what wrs do you think are fair to target in exchange for a foster/berrian package?

For my money, for the Foster/Berrian package to work, you need to target someone who's going to view Foster as a solid RB2 and Berrian as solid WR3 to fill the hole made by trading away a valuable WR. Who is weak at RB2 spot that has WRs you're interested in?

I like Maclin as a WR2, but I actually like Wallace better, so I don't think you're as weak there as you might seem at first glance. I think you're looking for a solid WR2 with WR1 potential giving you a not stellar but steady corps. Or you need to step up and get a legit WR1, and honestly, I don't know if you can do that with Foster/Berrian.

I think I'd trade LT for Caddy straight up. Use Caddy and Bush as your RB3.

I'd view Foster as a solid RB2, freeing up DWill.

I'd package DWill and Garcon (use the Manning Offense hype machine) or Berrian (use the "He'll be Favre's favorite deep threat") and go get yourself a WR1. Target Boldin, Smith, Marshall or Jennings (or whoever, I'm just throwing out names).

As I said above, Maclin and Wallace make a solid duo, so are you looking to put a WR1 in front of them, or just add another of the same caliber? If you want a WR1, I can't imagine anyone taking Foster/Berrian (or Garcon) and giving him up. Remember, they drafted who they got and passed on DWill. Now at the end of the draft, you need to find someone with a bit of buyers remorse on their RB depth, who has WRs you want on your team. You have to be able to see value and more importantly sell value in order to get a player you want. Do you really think Foster/Berrian is worth a WR1? I wouldn't. DWill and Garcon? Now I see some value.

Thanks for your comments on mine.

I'll have to take a look at some of the other commenters here in a bit.

But in a standard scoring system, he might want a WR that will put up yards and scores. If he's not going to make up ground on catches, he might want a top-flight guy. I like Maclin, Garcon, Wallace and Cotchery, but they are all around the same sort of player in my view - good but not stellar, and consistency could be a problem. Why not package someone like DWill and Berrian and see if you can get a top-12 or 15 guy?

12 team league. 7th pick. non-ppr. pretty standard scoring. we start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 DEF, 1 K.

WR: Jeremy Maclin, Pierre Garcon, Mike Wallace, Bernard Berrian, Jerricho Cotchery, Louis Murphy

RB: Frank Gore, DeAngelo Williams, Arian Foster, Reggie Bush, LT, Chester Taylor

Thanks in advance. i'll help in return, just leave a link in your reply. :cheers:

Hello,

I think your team looks pretty good. Your Wr's are a bit light however you need to wait and see how Maclin and Garcon play out. I believe that Maclin may be more of Kolbs guy then D Jackson because Maclin will be the safety valve where Jackson will be the deep threat. Also, Garcon could also complement Wayne much like Wayne did to Harrison. Wait a week or two before you make a move unless someone offers you a top tier guy for Foster.

I would also look at your TE position. I think Sea is going to be dreadful and Carlson is avg at best. I would look for someone like H Miller who will catch 70 to 80 balls this season.

Mine PLease

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=368312

Hey man, thanks for answering mine. I saw your link on my thread. I've already answered on this one, though. Just look for my post above.

Considering you HAVE to start 3 wide recievers. You need to make a trade for one. You have way too much depth at the RB position and you can easily offer someone a solid trade to get at least a tier 2 if not tier 1 reciever. If you can do that before the season starts your team will be looking pretty solid.

I agree with the majority...with the Arian Foster hype machine in overdrive and considering you have Schaub, I would unload him right now for a Wr ranked somewhere between 7 and 12. If the owner of anyone in that group is thin at Rb, I would think they'd do it since everyone has him as Ray Rice the second. I also think that Louis Murphy is a great value this year, I think you get consistent #'s from him this year. He'll have quite a few weeks where his #'s represent WR2 value

Here's Mine:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=368478

I agree with many posters that you need to upgrade at WR. I also view Maclin, Garcon and Wallace as similar in style and value therefore you should trade on of them to upgrade. Some possibilities are to trade Arian Foster and the lesser of these 3 WRs for a #1 WR like Marshall or Roddy White. Another option is to give up Foster + Berrian for Boldin. You can ask for a lower tier RB in return that has option to start like Leon Washington in Seattle.

If you have a chance take a look at my team (http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=368615&st=0)