Sign in to follow this  
nos23

mjd update

August 26, 2010

Dealing with a number of nagging injuries, Maurice Jones-Drew will not play in Jacksonville's preseason game on Saturday, according to Vito Stellino of the Florida Times-Union.

Our View:

As the regular season rapidly approaches, it's surely the best call for Jones-Drew to take a maintenance day in an attempt to get close to 100 percent for Week 1.

not saying what the injuries are but im glad i drafted him lmfao

good. sick of coaches playing these guys in the pre-season anyways. completely useless.

hopefully the new CBA will include the 18 game season, removing two pre-season games.

Would be nice if the team somehow made a statement or the coach had something to say on the issue. 3 days without much being said seems odd. Oh well, I'm assuming he'll be fine.

Here's hoping the Jags' announce his season-ending injury right after my draft. :cheers:

Just heard MJD on his show. He said he is not injured, but did say he is "healthy as I'm gonna be." He said he could play in five minutes if there was a game. He also said "I just ran in the parking lot to escape the rain." This seems to infer there may be something with his legs (?). He also had ice on his knee earlier this year at practice.

---supposed quotes from His Radio show on XM/Sirius, take it for what its worth......