Sign in to follow this  
JETTN1

What do you want in a Fantasy League

What do you want to see in your fantasy league?

Prize Money?

Bench Depth?

Flex positions?

Standard or Auction Draft?

Preferred Site = NFL, CBS, Yahoo, others?

Hot naked chicks at the draft!

If you're in one of those old school chalkboard leagues, you can hire "someone" to watch over the board. Just saying.

The thing that is most important to me in any fantasy league is competition and activity. Even if its a for-fun league, it's not fun when people just draft and then sit on their teams the entire season. When people are trying to improve, not giving up, it just makes the league more enjoyable.

I'm into the little school girl outfit, or the babysit...oh, what do I want in fantasy football?

Ok then...

1. Competitive/active league members

I have a few leaguemates in my 2nd league who are not the best FFers during the draft, reaching on player, not up to date on all current news, but when season starts they are on the ww, trading, etc. Makes a big difference.

2. Trash Talk

Seriously, this can make a league so much fun. The amount we do in both my leagues is non stop and often times hilarious.

3. Rules that put league FIRST

This encompasses a few things including 'no veto rule', 'no commish decides', etc. League votes/decides on rule changes or league decisions.

4. Standard scoring system

This isn't a deal breaker as I've played in other leagues and big proponent of, give me any rules and I'll be competitive, but questiion is 'what do I want in a league'. I just feel that standard is most indicitive of what a player contributes towards 'real' football, rather than just leaning on TD vultures and TDs in general which is arguablly the toughest thing to gauge from year to year.

5. Have fun

This sounds cliche, but all the above is included, plus getting together with leaguemates to watch games a few times a year, plus REALLY have fun. Had a long time league fall apart after things just got to serious, folks 'choosing sides', even was concern of collusion b/c of all of that and was a real shame to fold the league.

I agree with numbers 1 and 4 from the post shown below.

NO DISTANCE SCORING!!! PPR is fine; Flex positions are fine.

Also: no technical issues during the draft; no jerking you around when the season's over - and you're due $$$ for a play-off spot. Mid-week processing of WW transactions, and THEN "1st come, 1st served." Allowing starters to be adjusted as long as a player's game has not begun. Rosters big enough to handle bye weeks, but NOT so big as there being no players available on the WW; say between 14 and 16 rounds.

=============

I'm into the little school girl outfit, or the babysit...oh, what do I want in fantasy football?

Ok then...

1. Competitive/active league members

I have a few leaguemates in my 2nd league who are not the best FFers during the draft, reaching on player, not up to date on all current news, but when season starts they are on the ww, trading, etc. Makes a big difference.

2. Trash Talk

Seriously, this can make a league so much fun. The amount we do in both my leagues is non stop and often times hilarious.

3. Rules that put league FIRST

This encompasses a few things including 'no veto rule', 'no commish decides', etc. League votes/decides on rule changes or league decisions.

4. Standard scoring system

This isn't a deal breaker as I've played in other leagues and big proponent of, give me any rules and I'll be competitive, but questiion is 'what do I want in a league'. I just feel that standard is most indicitive of what a player contributes towards 'real' football, rather than just leaning on TD vultures and TDs in general which is arguablly the toughest thing to gauge from year to year.

5. Have fun

This sounds cliche, but all the above is included, plus getting together with leaguemates to watch games a few times a year, plus REALLY have fun. Had a long time league fall apart after things just got to serious, folks 'choosing sides', even was concern of collusion b/c of all of that and was a real shame to fold the league.

trash talk with swearing. lots and lots of swearing.

like this! NSFW NSFW NSFW

I miss the Wire. Poor Omar..... Indeed.

1. Fun Group

2. Auction

3. Hot chicks at draft

4. Rock solid commissioner

5. Money where enough to keep you interested but not too much to make people do stupid things

6. Long running history, 10 years or more... then you know you're doing something right

7. Hot chicks at draft

:pointstosky:

1. Fun Group

2. Auction

3. Hot chicks at draft

4. Rock solid commissioner

5. Money where enough to keep you interested but not too much to make people do stupid things

6. Long running history, 10 years or more... then you know you're doing something right

7. Hot chicks at draft

:pointstosky:

some good points...

let's see..

1 check

2 not yet

3 we are in 3 time zones so kind of hard

4 check

5 think we might be due for a raise even in this economy

6 8 years and counting

7 just the wives : )

some good points...

let's see..

1 check

2 not yet

3 we are in 3 time zones so kind of hard

4 check

5 think we might be due for a raise even in this economy

6 8 years and counting

7 just the wives : )

update my once complaint is the lack fo trades. Even unreasonable offers don't present themselves all that often, people seem to scard to help someone else and would rather watch their own team suffer as a result....

What is distance scoring?

How do you feel about unlimited moves versus limited moves during the season.

I have been in leagues with unlimited moves and it just seems less enjoyable to play in leagues with unlimited moves.

Would like to know what you folks think.

Thank you for posting your comments.