Sign in to follow this  
bsballkingben99

Michael Turner

He was on pace for monster numbers last year before his ankle went all gay.

Its rare, comparatively speaking, to see the shorter compact guys get the "injury" label so I think he'll be just fine this year.

His 08 numbers were huge, maybe a one time deal but 14-1500 and 12-14 tds isnt out of the question.

monster. That whole O is going to elevate. Like ryan a lot too, along with roddy and gonazales...

He dropped to the bottom of the 1st rd in one of my ppr leagues and couldn't pass him up, so I hope he has a huge year. I may sit him @ Pitt week 1 in favor of Foster and Harrison, however!!

If he stays healthy and in shape, he'll have a close 2008 season again.

He dropped to the 13th pick in my draft. Couldn't pass on him there. He's a bit lighter, in better shape, some say faster. He's supposed to get fewer carries this year, but a bit more use in the passing game. If he stays healthy, he'll be big. Good, solid, safe pick in the first. Steal in the 2nd IMO.

The 2009 season was pretty much exactly the same as the 2008 season on a per-game basis. The only thing I think you worry about regarding Turner is an injury--no reason to expect that again--or a complete failure in Atlanta, which seems unlikely to me.

well its been close to half the season. hes killin me. :wall:

well its been close to half the season. hes killin me. :wall:

You're not worthy of the Burner. Trade him. Trade him now to someone who will know how to respect and care for him!

Burner :wub:

Juat traded for him. He's about to blow up! :banana:

Same here. I gave up Maclin for Turner. I was already mad deep at RB (A. Foster, A. Bradshaw, M. Forte, R. Mathews, P. Thomas), but I was also mad deep at WR (G. Jennings, H. Nicks, M. Wallace, M. Colston). I'm really hoping Turner breaks out of his funk and reclaims the elite RB1 status he's capable of.

Same here. I gave up Maclin for Turner. I was already mad deep at RB (A. Foster, A. Bradshaw, M. Forte, R. Mathews, P. Thomas), but I was also mad deep at WR (G. Jennings, H. Nicks, M. Wallace, M. Colston). I'm really hoping Turner breaks out of his funk and reclaims the elite RB1 status he's capable of.

mad deep yo!

recognize

You, good sir, are less mad deep at receiver of wides than dost thinks...

You, good sir, are less mad deep at receiver of wides than dost thinks...

Say what?!?!

In a 10 team league, with the ability to play 2 WRs and 1 RB/WR, how is that not mad deep? Nicks and Jennings should be my regular starters, and should both be Top 10/15 options here on out. Mike Wallace is a step below them, and Colston is a step below Wallace. Colston is the weakest link, and he'll turn it around at some point. Plus, I just picked up Pierre Garcon. Considering my RB depth, especially with adding Turner, I have no reason to not play 3 RBs every week, and thus only 2 WRs every week. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Say what?!?!

In a 10 team league, with the ability to play 2 WRs and 1 RB/WR, how is that not mad deep? Nicks and Jennings should be my regular starters, and should both be Top 10/15 options here on out. Mike Wallace is a step below them, and Colston is a step below Wallace. Colston is the weakest link, and he'll turn it around at some point. Plus, I just picked up Pierre Garcon. Considering my RB depth, especially with adding Turner, I have no reason to not play 3 RBs every week, and thus only 2 WRs every week. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

You forfeit credibility when the handicapped kids in your league give you Michael Turner for Jeremy Maclin.

are you kidding me??? Maclin for Turner is NOT a bad deal at all! Turner is hella inconsistent, and will not provide any sort of big games anytime soon. I'm starting Hillis over him in a league, and am confident doing so EVERY WEEK moving forwrd. I can't dump Burner on anyone in this league, ANYONE! Sure they'll give me a Crabtree or something like that for him, but he has no true value beyond a middle of teh road WR. Its crazy! And Maclin is better than a middle of the road WR...

are you kidding me??? Maclin for Turner is NOT a bad deal at all! Turner is hella inconsistent, and will not provide any sort of big games anytime soon. I'm starting Hillis over him in a league, and am confident doing so EVERY WEEK moving forwrd. I can't dump Burner on anyone in this league, ANYONE! Sure they'll give me a Crabtree or something like that for him, but he has no true value beyond a middle of teh road WR. Its crazy! And Maclin is better than a middle of the road WR...

This is borderline hyperbole. Hella hyperbole.

This is borderline hyperbole. Hella hyperbole.

technically speaking, everything anyone here states as a matter of opinion is hyperbole. One man's hyperbole is another's educated opinion. We can rehash the discussion a few weeks from now and see what that opinion is worth...

technically speaking, everything anyone here states as a matter of opinion is hyperbole. One man's hyperbole is another's educated opinion. We can rehash the discussion a few weeks from now and see what that opinion is worth...

Yes, but your opinion does not follow this RB's recent history. There's a reason he was picked as one of the top 6 RB's in most drafts. Unless he's hiding an injury, there's no reason to believe he will not provide any big games soon.

Yes, but your opinion does not follow this RB's recent history. There's a reason he was picked as one of the top 6 RB's in most drafts. Unless he's hiding an injury, there's no reason to believe he will not provide any big games soon.

he's looked like ###### all last year, and fairly unimpressive this year as well. We'll see. I've got him in 2 leagues so I hope you're right and I'm wrong, but I just don't see it. And having watched a couple of games, on NFL replay albeit, he just doesn't look very good. That explosiveness he had 2 years is just not there, and wasn't last year either...

turdtastic is what he is...

he's looked like ###### all last year, and fairly unimpressive this year as well. We'll see. I've got him in 2 leagues so I hope you're right and I'm wrong, but I just don't see it. And having watched a couple of games, on NFL replay albeit, he just doesn't look very good. That explosiveness he had 2 years is just not there, and wasn't last year either...

turdtastic is what he is...

Come on now. He had 831 yards and 10 TD's through week ten last year until he got the high ankle sprain. Since their bye was week 4 that's 92 yards rushing per game and more than a TD per game. Very solid #1 RB numbers.

You're not worthy of the Burner. Trade him. Trade him now to someone who will know how to respect and care for him!

Burner :wub:

Get a room. I wish i realized how unworthy i was at my draft. that way i could have let someone else pick him and my other bust jamal charles. :wall: