Sign in to follow this  
Cel

Beanie Wells dropped ...for a defense?

So we got this D-Bag in our money competitive league who's in our first year with us and it is already clear he will not be brought back. Our league is pretty competitive every year and this guy just come in and screwed the pooch during the draft. Peyton Manning in 1.10 as the first QB off the board was his best pick. He proceeded to blame someone else for picking Peyton after he tried to change his pick to Aaron Rogers five picks later... It all went down hill from there.

Anyways, Mr. Wonderful just dropped Beanie Wells for his third defense. The Cardinals no less... and the commissioner swooped in and picked him up 4 minutes later. I know they're not colluding, he just took advantage.

I'm still calling BS... This guy's gonna F with the integrity of the league all season long and this is just the beginning. What would you guys do?

**I know, wrong board, noone cares, sh***

So we got this D-Bag in our money competitive league who's in our first year with us and it is already clear he will not be brought back. Our league is pretty competitive every year and this guy just come in and screwed the pooch during the draft. Peyton Manning in 1.10 as the first QB off the board was his best pick. He proceeded to blame someone else for picking Peyton after he tried to change his pick to Aaron Rogers five picks later... It all went down hill from there.

Anyways, Mr. Wonderful just dropped Beanie Wells for his third defense. The Cardinals no less... and the commissioner swooped in and picked him up 4 minutes later. I know they're not colluding, he just took advantage.

I'm still calling BS... This guy's gonna F with the integrity of the league all season long and this is just the beginning. What would you guys do?

Id "trade rape" the hell out of him before the rest of your league does.

Well considering that I dropped Michael Bush today for a 3rd Defense I'm guessing you're not going to listen to my opinion.

But maybe its a smart move. Some leagues have defensive scoring systems that make it imperative to have strong match-ups every week. If he has depth at RB and thinks the Cards give him match-up advantages then who are you to judge? Let the man run his team.

The better question is why do drops go to first come first serve? Why not have Beanie hit the waiver wire to let people make claims on him? I think this exposes a hole in your league rules and not the owners judgment.

Well considering that I dropped Michael Bush today for a 3rd Defense I'm guessing you're not going to listen to my opinion.

But maybe its a smart move. Some leagues have defensive scoring systems that make it imperative to have strong match-ups every week. If he has depth at RB and thinks the Cards give him match-up advantages then who are you to judge? Let the man run his team.

The better question is why do drops go to first come first serve? Why not have Beanie hit the waiver wire to let people make claims on him? I think this exposes a hole in your league rules and not the owners judgment.

I won't disagree with ya because of Michael Bush. I agree with ya on the waiver, we have open waivers before the start of the season... next year I'm definitely going to propose that anyone dropped is not available until week 1 waivers.

The owner's judgment didn't need exposing... It was already exposed. I like the trade rape idea myself...

Far and away the biggest problem in this league? Open drop/adds where a player can be dropped and is immediately available to be added by another team. Gay!

This, I don't believe a competitive league would have rules like this.

Far and away the biggest problem in this league? Open drop/adds where a player can be dropped and is immediately available to be added by another team. Gay!

Yes :pointstosky:

Playing with no waiver system especially in a league where you pay is just stupid.

Yes :pointstosky:

Playing with no waiver system especially in a league where you pay is just stupid.

Unless you are smart enough to setup an RSS feed of the transaction page and then have email and text alerts send you notifications as they happen. :cheers:

Unless you are smart enough to setup an RSS feed of the transaction page and then have email and text alerts send you notifications as they happen. :cheers:

Okay this needs a new category. I am going to say Mega Ghey.

I'd love having some 'dead money' in any money league that I'm in. In fact, the 'noob' is not the problem here, and neither is your pre-season open waiver policy (assuming that you do not maintain an open waiver system for the regular season).

The blame for this fiasco rests squarely on your 'douche-bag' commissioner. I assume that he commissioner invited the 'noob' into the league to replace an owner that had left. nothing wrong with that, butwhen the guy dropped Wells for the AZ defense (his 3rd defense), the commissioner should have called the guy up immediately and asked him WTF he was thinking.

If the guy was intentionally out to sabotage teh league, he should have been bgiven the boot immediately. But if the guy just doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground fantasywise, the commissioner should have told the 'noob' that he must keep Wells rostered until after the pre-season open waivers were through and the regular waiver wire (either blind auction or 'worst first') process would be kicked in. he also might have explained a little fantasy football strategy to the guy.

But instead of doing what he needed to do to maintain the integrety of the league, your 'douche-bag' commissioner took advantage of the situation and 4 minutes after the drop, he added him to his own team. It is his responsibility as commissioner to look out the interests of the whole league; instead he put the interests of HIS team first.

What should you do about it? First, I encourage you to link this post to your league website so all members can read it. Secondly, next year I would suggest that you to find a league with an ethical commissioner.

Good luck!

I'd love having some 'dead money' in any money league that I'm in. In fact, the 'noob' is not the problem here, and neither is your pre-season open waiver policy (assuming that you do not maintain an open waiver system for the regular season).

The blame for this fiasco rests squarely on your 'douche-bag' commissioner. I assume that he commissioner invited the 'noob' into the league to replace an owner that had left. nothing wrong with that, butwhen the guy dropped Wells for the AZ defense (his 3rd defense), the commissioner should have called the guy up immediately and asked him WTF he was thinking.

If the guy was intentionally out to sabotage teh league, he should have been bgiven the boot immediately. But if the guy just doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground fantasywise, the commissioner should have told the 'noob' that he must keep Wells rostered until after the pre-season open waivers were through and the regular waiver wire (either blind auction or 'worst first') process would be kicked in. he also might have explained a little fantasy football strategy to the guy.

But instead of doing what he needed to do to maintain the integrety of the league, your 'douche-bag' commissioner took advantage of the situation and 4 minutes after the drop, he added him to his own team. It is his responsibility as commissioner to look out the interests of the whole league; instead he put the interests of HIS team first.

What should you do about it? First, I encourage you to link this post to your league website so all members can read it. Secondly, next year I would suggest that you to find a league with an ethical commissioner.

Good luck!

i agree that the commish is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the league however i would expect any owner or commish to act first and ask questions later. Picking up Wells right away doesn't hurt his integrity in my eyes, provided he now does his due diligence and makes sure this other owner is not intentionally focking up the league.

if he askes questions first, he lets another owner add Wells. And when the "investigation" comes back with no intentional malice, he has missed out on a good player.

the worst issue in all of this is that dropped players go straight to open Free Agents. Need to have them clear waivers or something.

I disagree - the commish could easily have disallowed the drop and add until after the regular season waiver wire process took affect. And IMO that is what he SHOULD have done. Immediately!

(And as a commissioner myself, that is what I would have done.)

I disagree - the commish could easily have disallowed the drop and add until after the regular season waiver wire process took affect. And IMO that is what he SHOULD have done. Immediately!

I agree with this. When someone takes on the commissioner role he is agreeing to take care of the integrity of the league. That can't take a backseat behind his own team.

This is why I instituted a free agent auction system in my league this year. Waivers go off every Thursday (and Saturday) and teams have a fixed budget. They "bid" on the player they want. So Beanie Wells would probably fetch a decent chunk of a team's free agent budget.

We have a guy in my league who drafted Manning in the 1st as well. He is also his best player. Drafted Boldin in the 2nd. Suffice to say he has the worst team in the league, and I am stoked because I play him in the first week.

I agree with this actually...

As it turns out, it was a "mistake" and the whole thing was undone. Tomorrow, Kickoff!

Collect league fees, then disappear.