Sign in to follow this  
Mike Nice

Calvin Johnson

How bad does Stafford injury hurt Johnson stats?

I know its just the first week but i was offered Gore and Johnson for Foster and Wayne...Its a PPR league

My wr and rbs are:

A Johnson

Wayne

Mendenhall

Foster

Forte

Portis

Thanks for the advice

I had CJ last year as my 2nd pick. Same way last year started. Stafford hurt, then when he is healthy CJ will get hurt. He may be talented but he plays for a horrible team that is cursed with bad luck. Don't expect much this year!

Johnson got a lot more targets after Stanford went out. :dunno:

BTW Wayne/Foster >>> Johnson/Gore IMO.

How bad does Stafford injury hurt Johnson stats?

I know its just the first week but i was offered Gore and Johnson for Foster and Wayne...Its a PPR league

My wr and rbs are:

A Johnson

Wayne

Mendenhall

Foster

Forte

Portis

Thanks for the advice

Let's recap:

1) Gore looked like he's on a team who cannot stop anyone; he didn't do much.

2) CJ is on a team which just lost its starting QB, and looks...lost. He got robbed, but hadn't been doing much.

3) Foster looks like he's on a great offensive team who looks dangerous, and just put up monstrous numbers.

4) Wayne is on a team who has Peyton Manning, who just threw for 433 yards.

You stand pat, in case the recap was ineffective. ;)

look: you burned at least a 2nd on him. you gotta ride him out now. besides, it's been just one game. but as someone above said, he got all his stats yesterday after stafford went out. would've had a very respectable day had that td not been called off.

look: you burned at least a 2nd on him. you gotta ride him out now. besides, it's been just one game. but as someone above said, he got all his stats yesterday after stafford went out. would've had a very respectable day had that td not been called off.

You misunderstood. He was offered CJ/Gore for Foster/Wayne. I told him no friggin way do you make that trade.

Wayne < C.J.

Ask yourself is Foster>Gore

If foster is the only back, then he is probably a top 5-10 RB this year. Slaton was nasty by himself and foster is better than him. Texans offense is dynamic and looks very good.

Dominic Davis was a stud when he was the guy for the Texans.

Gore is a stud but I love Reggie Wayne. He is one of the most consistent guys every week. Foster looked very good and gore's team did not. Gore also has rubber knees.

Wayne < C.J.

Ask yourself is Foster>Gore

If foster is the only back, then he is probably a top 5-10 RB this year. Slaton was nasty by himself and foster is better than him. Texans offense is dynamic and looks very good.

Dominic Davis was a stud when he was the guy for the Texans.

Gore is a stud but I love Reggie Wayne. He is one of the most consistent guys every week. Foster looked very good and gore's team did not. Gore also has rubber knees.

I actually think Gore is better then Foster in a PPR league. The thing im stuck on is Calvin Johnson

I don't mind S.Hill @ QB because in some ways it's an upgrade for Megatron owners. As proven in the Chicago game, Calvin Johnson actually got more looks (and a TD) when Stafford went out. You don't need a "smart" QB who's capable of making every passing read and distributes the ball to 5+ different receivers. You need a Shaun Hill, a guy who enters each and every passing play with only one thing on his mind: "where is #81?"

Yeah, Hill sucks, which is a good thing for CJ.

He'll get a lot of passes thrown his way. Stafford was trying to get everyone involved, like good quarterbacks are supposed to do.

Hill isn't a good QB. But, I don't care if Detroit loses 50-14 every week, just as long as Calvin has least one of those TD's

This is so depressing....why must history repeat itself. Thinking this would be a bounce back year for him and now look. I need to stop drafting upon emotion. Kid's so freakin talented it's sick.

Hell it was one game, as a Calvin owner I'm not gonna freak out yet, he almost had a monster game, I saw him catch a pass in the endzone and pushed out of bounds, still got I think around forty yards and then the ignorant TD reversal at the end. He's still a big redzone threat with my grandmother at QB. Maybe I'd be more bitter about Calvins situation if I didn't have a good enough team built around him.

'Hell it was one game, as a Calvin owner I'm not gonna freak out yet, he almost had a monster game, I saw him catch a pass in the endzone and pushed out of bounds, still got I think around forty yards and then the ignorant TD reversal at the end. He's still a big redzone threat with my grandmother at QB. Maybe I'd be more bitter about Calvins situation if I didn't have a good enough team built around him.'

So he almost had 2 tds?

Almost isn't good enough. I'm not totally freaking out yet either, but the whole Stafford thing (hopefully nothing too serious)is just a concern also.

Well, I drafted Randy Moss instead, and that's not working out very well.

Yeah, but at least you have Brady throwing to him.

'Hell it was one game, as a Calvin owner I'm not gonna freak out yet, he almost had a monster game, I saw him catch a pass in the endzone and pushed out of bounds, still got I think around forty yards and then the ignorant TD reversal at the end. He's still a big redzone threat with my grandmother at QB. Maybe I'd be more bitter about Calvins situation if I didn't have a good enough team built around him.'

So he almost had 2 tds?

Yeah...he had the game winning TD reception (which was obviously over-ruled, fair or not)----he also caught a ball early in the game from Stafford in the back of the endzone that was ruled incomplete, though it looked awfully close to him getting both feet down---so, agree with some that he was a couple of seconds/inches from having a 6-100-2 stat line...It was also clear that Hill was locked on to him once Stafford left the game---I expect him to continue to be targeted early and often in the coming weeks---whether or not Hill can get the ball to him is another question...

I don't really get the Calvin Johnson hype. He was a great player in college, but how many great college WRs have gone to Detroit to die in the last decade? He din't break 1000 yards last year, and he only scored 5 TDs--never more than one in a single game. In fantasy numbers, he went over ten fantasy points five times--four of the five weeks he had a TD (the other scoring week he had only 2 receptions for 10 yards), and one week that he went for 133 yards with no TD. Sure, you can gamble on him having a breakout year, and one of these years, you might just be right, but his draft and trade value is so high right now that it would be a pretty pricey gamble.

Until he shows something other than promise, I'd avoid him.

I don't really get the Calvin Johnson hype. He was a great player in college, but how many great college WRs have gone to Detroit to die in the last decade? He din't break 1000 yards last year, and he only scored 5 TDs--never more than one in a single game. In fantasy numbers, he went over ten fantasy points five times--four of the five weeks he had a TD (the other scoring week he had only 2 receptions for 10 yards), and one week that he went for 133 yards with no TD. Sure, you can gamble on him having a breakout year, and one of these years, you might just be right, but his draft and trade value is so high right now that it would be a pretty pricey gamble.

Until he shows something other than promise, I'd avoid him.

He did have a 1300 yard 12 TD season...

shhh. i'm targeting him in all leagues i play in. let the ladies lament and fret.

He had a couple of decent QBs in Kitna and Culpepper in 2008 too.

What are the megatron owners thoughts on starting him versus philly next week?

I really think Philly is going to smother the Lions, but I guess Calvin could get some garbage time. I may roll with Ococinco instead even though its against the Ravens.

He had a couple of decent QBs in Kitna and Culpepper in 2008 too.

In 2008 Kitna had a passer rating of 72.2 while Culpepper had a passer rating of 63.9.

Im starting him with confidence!!!! I didnt draft him as my #1WR to bench him in the 2nd week!!!