Sign in to follow this  
laxdad57

Rate this team

12 team, PPR(.5) league, Start QB,RB,WR,WR,TE,RB/WR/TE,PK,DEF

Aaron Rogers, Ben Roethlisberger

Matt Forte, Ahmad Bradshaw, Brandon Jackson, Jonathan Stewart, CJ Spiller, Carnell Williams

Wes Welker, Mike Sims-Walker, Terrell Owens, Santonio Holmes

Chris Cooley, Zach Miller

Rob Bironas

JETS

Housh was replaced by Brandon Jackson via waiver wire this week. This team is built to withstand the rigors of the regular season through bye weeks and injuries. Will be looking to consolidate depth into high end starters (via trade) in the second half of the season as other owners depth gets depleted and they risk missing the playoffs.

Go ahead .... let me have it ... your opinions are appreciated.

good RB depth but no clear #1 could hurt in the short run. WR could be al ittle weak but i like welker, TO go his looks so you might be alright, i'd look at upgading to a better WR with one of your RBs, maybe Jackson is good trade bait to the Grant owner right now. good QB of course and a ilike the safe TE picks.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=370560

I don't see who you took in the first round, unless it was Rodgers. I don't view Forte or Welker as legit RB1/WR1 for the long haul, despite Week 1 results. Maybe Welker in a full PPR, if he's back to 100% for the entire season. I understand wanting to ride out the rigors of a full season, but not sure an bunch of RB2s is going to cut it for the full 16.

I like Cooley and Miller, but wouldn't have rostered both of them.

I don't see who you took in the first round, unless it was Rodgers. I don't view Forte or Welker as legit RB1/WR1 for the long haul, despite Week 1 results. Maybe Welker in a full PPR, if he's back to 100% for the entire season. I understand wanting to ride out the rigors of a full season, but not sure an bunch of RB2s is going to cut it for the full 16.

I like Cooley and Miller, but wouldn't have rostered both of them.

I had pick #11 and Aaron Rogers was my first round pick. Traded away my 2nd and 3rd round picks, which got me two picks in each of rounds 4-10, with Welker and Forte representing my 4th round. I've got more than a few years experience with this drafting approach. The keys being hitting on some top performers in those mid-rounds (think Ray Rice last year or as Foster looks so far this year) and then doing some 2 or 3 for 1 player trades later in the year to improve your starting line-up for the play-offs.

Ahhh, traded draft picks, I get it. I expected Rodgers was your first pick, but when I didn't see an obvious second round wrap pick, I wondered.

Ahhh, traded draft picks, I get it. I expected Rodgers was your first pick, but when I didn't see an obvious second round wrap pick, I wondered.

Yeah, I was wondering, too. That makes more sense now. I certainly don't think it's a bad team. If Forte returns to form you would be in great shape. Too early to tell, though. I might consider packaging one of your RBs with a fairly expendable WR (TO, for example) to upgrade. I'd also be a little leery of Sims-Walker...I'm not sure I'm a believer just yet.

QB, TE, D, and K are solid ....which doesnt mean much except u have a solid pick in Rodgers...

I agree with the sentiment... its little early to tell how good your Bradshaw, cadillac, stewart etc will pan out. I think Forte will give you better than 4th round value just because he is a pass catching guy and will get his points. Jury is out on the others.... i see lot of guys with upside so all you need is one or 2 to pan out.

For WRs, Im not too fond of your group.... Welker surprisingly came back quick in week one but other than that there isnt any bona fide starter. and I personally dont like your WRs upside much.

I think cooley will have a big year and Zach Miller is also great pickup.

I think this roster is good for middle of the pack finish unless couple of your prospect breakout for ya.

Bunch of #2's at WR and RB. You'll need to catch some breaks in order for your team to succeed IMO.

I agree with much of the analysis offered so far. The team is clearly lacking a true RB1/WR1. There is plenty of potential for someone to provide that type of performance (as Welker and Forte delivered in week #1) so we shall see if any will really step up and deliver over the full season. Housh being dropped by Seattle and landing as a WR3 with the Ravens weakened the depth and potential of the WR group, but my good fortune of getting week #1 waiver prize Brandon Jackson improved the depth and potential of the RB group. There is plenty of depth on the roster to work a trade for a true WR1 which I think is the first priority. Hopefully, the team keeps winning and Welker holds up so that the need for a WR1 wont become an urgent need.

I'm very high on Forte and Cooley this year and believe both will significantly outperform their draft position.

I play the Ryan Grant owner this week and have emailed (no response) about the possibility of a trade. He's a Giants fan and this is his roster.

Flacco, Campbell

MJD, Jacobs, Grant(IR), Tate(IR)

Marshall, Nicks, Meachum, Manningham, Royal, Robinson

Davis, Fasano

Crosby

MINN

So it would seem that he's got a pressing need at RB. Perhaps I can land Marshall or even MJD in a multi player trade.

What do you think would be a fair to offer in a trade for Marshall?

I like your depth and general approach.

Making trades through the bye weeks and as others start to become weak at a position is a strong approach. Won 2 years in a row in a competitive league with the same basic strategy.

I'm not really high on MSW, TO or Santonio though. You have enough depth that I'd look at targeting a big wide-out to bring in.

You appear to have the makings of a very consistent team here, which is probably good for you. No doubt you'll lose games to some of the more sexy teams in your league, but if you can be above .500 by mid-season, you'll be able to trade-to-win.

Barring injury, I'd be married to Rodgers, Welker, and Bradsahw all-season-long <----bread & butter. IF (if) CJ Spiller can pull off a decent game or two in Buffalo, I'd consider him an immediate "sell high" candidate - and would quickly trade him for a WR. You have possible other "sell high" candidates at the RB position. This week, J-Stew may have a good game against TB. Personally, I think he's VERY unlikely to be at all consistent for FF purposes (barring injury to DWill, who is obviously better & the feature RB). Would do the same think with JStew as would with CJS.

Recommend making 1 move EARLY/NOW (trade a RB) in your season to secure a good WR for depth. I'm not sold on MSW or TO. However, I think Santonio will pay off for you when he returns.

Would be somewhat concerned about Forte as well. His two long pass/TD's in W1 won't happen again...and he couldn't punch it in at the 1-inch line (multiple attempts) vs DETROIT! Not a good statement for him (more of an indictment against the Bears O-line) going forward. But...he does catch too, so he should be ok. Just don't expect a W1 repeat.

BJax fell into your lap. Very nice. Hold onto him. Your TE's are good...I think Cooley will be above-average.

I have to echo the others. You are rostering too many RB. Seek to trade one or more. Brandon Jackson will be hot for a week or two.

I am not a sold on Bradshaw, but he works as a flex. Do not drop Caddy Williams, but remember he is an injury risk, and pay attention to his potential relief. Spiller is more potential than production at this point. I would rather have Fred Jackson.

I am a firm believer in only having 2 TE's when your lead guy is on bye. Cooley is good trade bait, and Zach Miller is better.

As to the WRs, see if Mike Thomas is still available. Both the Mike Williams are worth a look, though you should be aware that the TB Mike Williams is a discipline red flag. Without that, he might have been the first WR drafted. Holmes and TO are fringe in a 12 team. Mine the WW. Denver, San Diego, Cleveland, etc have no settled WR1.

J

Bunch of #2's at WR and RB. You'll need to catch some breaks in order for your team to succeed IMO.

This about sums it up. I would agree with trading for a #1 WR if you can. I would probably try to package TO with either Forte or Jackson.

Thanks for mine

12 team, PPR(.5) league, Start QB,RB,WR,WR,TE,RB/WR/TE,PK,DEF

Matt Forte, Ahmad Bradshaw, Brandon Jackson, Jonathan Stewart, CJ Spiller, Carnell Williams

Rob Bironas

JETS

Housh was replaced by Brandon Jackson via waiver wire this week. This team is built to withstand the rigors of the regular season through bye weeks and injuries. Will be looking to consolidate depth into high end starters (via trade) in the second half of the season as other owners depth gets depleted and they risk missing the playoffs.

Go ahead .... let me have it ... your opinions are appreciated.

I think your QB's are solid. I mean that is as good as it gets with Rodgers and Ben. Running game isn't bad. I mean even if you don't have a top 5 elite back, you still have some serviceable running backs with Forte, Stewart, Bradshaw, and Jackson. I think that if you wanted to you could maybe parlay two of them for an upper tier rb like a Lesean McCoy, Cedric Benson, Jamaal Charles type.

Your recievers are going to be a challenge week in and week out because I don't see a consistency with any of them except Welker. Welker won't get 2 td's every week like last week but he shouldn't dissapoint you most weeks. If you can upgrade at your wr2 that would be ideal. Maybe package a RB and WR for a upper tier receiver like Hakeem Nicks, Garcon, or OchoCinco. Good luck!

I offered Ahmad Bradshaw and Carnell Williams to the Grant Owner for Brandon Marhshall.

He ignored the offer and is starting Manningham in his flex in place of Grant.

My Roster:

Rob Bironas

JETS

His Roster:

Flacco, Campbell

MJD, Jacobs, Grant(IR)

Marshall, Nicks, Meachum, Manningham, Royal, Robinson, Loyd

Davis, Fasano

Crosby

MINN

12 team, PPR(.5) league, Start QB,RB,WR,WR,TE,FLEX(RB/WR/TE),PK,DEF

Would you make that trade (Bradshaw/Caddy for Marshall)?