Sign in to follow this  
kwyjibo

Start Driver or L. Murphy?

With Gradkowski starting, is it time to move Louis Murphy into my starting lineup as my 3rd WR ahead of Driver? My top two WR are Randy Moss and 85.

WHIR

Some of the talking-heads are predicting a shoot-out between the Bears and Packers this week. This may bode well for Driver. The Raiders/Cardinals game has sloppy written all over it to me...two struggling teams trying to squeek out a win. I don't know if that's good or bad for Louis Murphy. The QB switch is a noteworthy change. I'm not saying LM is a bad play this week. I'm am saying that his stats may not be easily predictable, whereas you probably know what you'll get from Driver. One is a more safe pick than the other. You a gambling man this week? If you are heads-up with an opponet and are the dog in the contest, go with LM and hope for a big day. If you are ahead in your match-up, go with Driver for stability.

Mine: http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=371479

I am also going with murphy this week as my numb 3

This is the first year in like forever that I haven't owned Driver, the guy ahead of me took him and I got stuck with Mason. :angry: Anyways, he is definitely a hot-and-cold kind of guy. He is a threat to go for 100 + TD any game, but he'll also get you 4 catches for 45 yards several times each year. Hopefully you started him the last two weeks and got the 9 points each time. If so I would "sell high" by benching him this week, the last time he got a TD in 3 consecutive games was . . . 2006. A.Rod spreads the ball around a lot and I wouldn't count on the hat trick.

All that said, I agree with Lake209, in the sense that Driver is the "safer" play.

My thread here: http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=371491

I'd go Driver. I guess I just trust the week-to-week production of Aaron Rodgers just a wee bit more than Bruce Gradkowski, and I think that with Brandon Jackson and the tough Chicago run defense, the Packers will have to throw a lot in this game.

Take a look at mine if you could -- RB Choices

As both Raider fan and a multiple time Driver owner, just playin a hunch and going Murphy. Might be more of a roll of the dice but Murphy should be targeted quite a bit and was even with Campbell's rushed/crummy throws. Just have visions of Bruce hitting Murphy on a long skinny post for a TD this week. Or perhaps just driven mad by years of Driver feast or famine #s, just my 2 cents.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=371373