Sign in to follow this  
kliquid

Why LeSean McCoy Will Suffer Without Mike Vick

Why LeSean McCoy Will Suffer Without Mike Vick

By Nick Caron

When Eagles quarterback Mike Vick was knocked out with an injury during Sundays game against the Washington Redskins, Philadelphia fans and fantasy football community held its collective breath.

After being named the starter in week two and going forward by Andy Reid, Vick had resurged into the spotlight and quickly become an elite fantasy quarterback. His surprisingly improved passing accuracy combined with his amazing rushing ability helped to create a high-powered fantasy offense that included running back LeSean McCoy as well as wide receivers DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin.

But with Mike Vick being knocked out of Sundays game, fantasy owners are beginning to panic. We saw a complete lack of a vertical passing game from Kevin Kolb in replacement of Vick so owners of DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin are reasonably worried.

But one player who is being overlooked in this whole situation is running back LeSean McCoy.

(more...)

Blah blah blah. If all these 'experts' were so frickin' smart I'd be 4-0 in all my leagues this season listening to their great advice.

I didn't read any of that because it doesn't matter because McCoy will be out longer than Vick.

I didn't read any of that because it doesn't matter because McCoy will be out longer than Vick.

Do you have a link to this speculation?

From Eagles Website

While Vick did not suffer a broken rib, the same can't be said for running back LeSean McCoy. Reid announced that McCoy suffered a rib fracture and was undergoing additional testing on Monday afternoon. Reid said the injury was suffered in the first half and McCoy bravely played through the injury as he accounted for most of the team's offense with a career-high 12 catches for 110 yards and an additional 64 yards on the ground. Reid indicated that McCoy could still play this Sunday with the help of additional padding.

"It's really a comfort thing," Reid said. "(The doctors) are doing a couple of other tests on him to make sure he's OK there."

They haven't annouced a timeline yet (or if he plays), but I don't know how well a running back can play with broken/fractured ribs. Right now it is more wait and see.

No link. I'm basing it on McCoy having cracked ribs and Vick having cartilage tear. You can call it speculation, but just note that the entire original post is speculation.

Yeah, he looked really bad catching 12 balls yesterday, mostly from Kolb and going for 175 total yards.

From Eagles Website

While Vick did not suffer a broken rib, the same can't be said for running back LeSean McCoy. Reid announced that McCoy suffered a rib fracture and was undergoing additional testing on Monday afternoon. Reid said the injury was suffered in the first half and McCoy bravely played through the injury as he accounted for most of the team's offense with a career-high 12 catches for 110 yards and an additional 64 yards on the ground. Reid indicated that McCoy could still play this Sunday with the help of additional padding.

"It's really a comfort thing," Reid said. "(The doctors) are doing a couple of other tests on him to make sure he's OK there."

They haven't annouced a timeline yet (or if he plays), but I don't know how well a running back can play with broken/fractured ribs. Right now it is more wait and see.

Dang so he could play this sunday yet hes gonna be out longer than vick who will miss sunday and maybe the following week as well? Ok, on the other hand, if he plays he will face patrick willis...P Willis vs fractured rib? Who wins?

If it's a PPR league, his value just went up. Seems like Kolb is too chicken ish to throw downfield and will just dump it off to McCoy 75% of the time!

His value will stay the same. Reid will do a better job of game planning for Kolb. Lots of quick, short passes to WRs.

Yeah, he looked really bad catching 12 balls yesterday, mostly from Kolb and going for 175 total yards.

I will eat crow if he catches 12 passes from Kolb again this season.

Again, defenses are going to prepare differently for Kolb than they do Vick.