Sign in to follow this  
steinernation

Colts WR Situation

What does everyone think here? Who does better this week Blair White or Anthony Gonzalez? I have them each in two different leagues. I think I'm starting White becaouse byes and im sitting Gonzalez because it is his first game week. What is everyone else doing?

I have the same question. I would say Gonzo because he has more experience and is more proven with Peyton, however that high ankle sprain *may* keep him out this week.

Others?

listen to injury reports and check depth charts to see who gets the go at wr#3...then drop them when collie returns, as someone already said they will be irrelevant

I just grabbed white so now I have both white and gonzalez as a precaution only cause Manning is my QB. I keep going back to the fact gonzalez simply cannot stay healthy. I grabbed gonzo last year based on the old "he's almost ready to play" reports and the dude never saw the field. Plus it wouldnt surprise me one bit to see gonzo injured on the first play.. :dunno:

I have the same question. I would say Gonzo because he has more experience and is more proven with Peyton, however that high ankle sprain *may* keep him out this week.

Others?

He's had a high ankle sprain for a million weeks. Either he's the slowest healer on the planet, or his ankle is broken.

Gonzo plays this week. If he hasn't healed yet, the guy has a bone disease.

I just grabbed white so now I have both white and gonzalez as a precaution only cause Manning is my QB. I keep going back to the fact gonzalez simply cannot stay healthy. I grabbed gonzo last year based on the old "he's almost ready to play" reports and the dude never saw the field. Plus it wouldnt surprise me one bit to see gonzo injured on the first play.. :dunno:

Don't look now, but if you trade for Hillis, Collie, and Owen Daniels you can have a killer all whiteys lineup. :cheers:

I was drinking the Gonzalez cool-aid big time before last year. And still like him but read an interesting tid bit about him yesterday.

He has not finished an entire game since 2008 :shocking:

Why would anyone start Gonzo or White this week anyway? This is a stash and hope situation anyway. Anyone who starts either guy this week is desperate.

Why would anyone start Gonzo or White this week anyway? This is a stash and hope situation anyway. Anyone who starts either guy this week is desperate.

desperation in my case... I got Nicks on a bye and floyd out. Leaves me with mwilliams TB, crayton and gettis.. Plus peyton is my QB so I figure why not take a shot..

also it doesnt seem as if theres time for the stash and hope in this situation... Collies coming back so its pretty much now or never.. :music_guitarred:

I'm in deep WR trouble in my deep league, so I grabbed Gonzo in desperation. I don't take that "starter" designation seriously; it may be more honorary than indicative of how much he'll play. It may be that nobody knows how much he'll be in there, since the Colts may play it by ear. I'll probably wait a week before inserting him, but since it's either Gonzo or Gettis, I may go with Anthony.

I was drinking the Gonzalez cool-aid big time before last year. And still like him but read an interesting tid bit about him yesterday.

He has not finished an entire game since 2008 :shocking:

Well, duh, he's only played in two games since 2008, and got hurt in both of them.

Supposedly, Garcon missed practice today, which seems odd coming off a bye week.

With the news that Garcon has a hamstring issue one of Gonzalez/White could be a sneaky play against the terrible Texans pass defense. Personally I'm rolling the dice w/ Gonzalez this week due to some bye week/injury issues @ WR.

Well, duh, he's only played in two games since 2008, and got hurt in both of them.

Supposedly, Garcon missed practice today, which seems odd coming off a bye week.

Per Rotoworld.com:

Garcon isn't known to have re-injured his hamstring, so the Colts are likely just giving him added rest with an extra day of practice this week.