Four arguements:

3. John Elway. Didn't have the stats?

*Third all-time in passing yards

*Fifth all-time in passing TD's

*Third all-time in completions & attempts

*12 seasons of at least 3000 yds passing, third best all time

Regular season MVP and Super Bowl MVP.

Went to five Super Bowls, winning two.

Thank you! IMO...he is #2 due to the fact he made it to 5 SB's and the 3 in the 80's were basically him and a defense. Those 80's teams he was on were nothing to rave about offensively. The WR's were average the RB was average and oline slightly above average. Peyton has had better offenses on average throughout his career and has come up short compared to Elway.

I love hearing the Barry Sanders brigade. This guy ran behind some pretty decent o-lines. Not great, but better than people want to admit. Sanders was fun to watch, but no way i would want to build a team around him. He flat out did not move the chains. If your running game can't move the chains you won't wear out defenses and therefore you don't win! Personally, i would drop his ass right out of the top 5, maybe even the top 10.

A lot of people might disagree with me, but it's my opinion that just about all of the "best players of all-time" are playing right now. You can compare dominance in an era, but you can't tell me that guys like Calvin Johnson wouldn't have been the most ridiculous player ever in the 70's.

Agree with kilquid.

Also if you want to compare them against their peers, is Jimmy T elgible for this voting, because he ranks top 10 regardless of postion.

A lot of people might disagree with me, but it's my opinion that just about all of the "best players of all-time" are playing right now. You can compare dominance in an era, but you can't tell me that guys like Calvin Johnson wouldn't have been the most ridiculous player ever in the 70's.

You can make that argument but I'm willing to bet that if you gave the guys in the older eras the same information, equipment (for training as well as film etc), dietary supplements/nutrition, and anything else that is a result of current technology, it would be a completely different story. Granted you would still have your Bell Curve of good and bad athletes but to just say: "if Calvin Johnson had a time machine and went back to the 70s he would light those guys up" is obvious and retarded to say.

So all of the technological advantages when it comes in terms of training and injury don't play a factor? You are saying the way they prepare and the offenses they used wouldn't be a factor? To me, I believe a lot more players back then played with more aging injury on a weekly basis. I think the way they train players today has be improved a lot.

One thing I will say about past generations, is the game wasn't as complexed. Today it is a whole different version of football in terms of the actual game. Rules, offenses, defenses, west coast offense, timing, blitz packages.

You can make that argument but I'm willing to bet that if you gave the guys in the older eras the same information, equipment (for training as well as film etc), dietary supplements/nutrition, and anything else that is a result of current technology, it would be a completely different story. Granted you would still have your Bell Curve of good and bad athletes but to just say: "if Calvin Johnson had a time machine and went back to the 70s he would light those guys up" is obvious and retarded to say.

:thumbsup:

disregard my post