Sign in to follow this  
hugesteve

Seyi Ajirotutu - looking foward

Pros:

Typical san diego receiever (tall, compared to floyd and jackson in scouting report, said to "run like the wind"). Obviously a breakout campaign today.

Playing in a ridiculous throwing offense

Cons:

Limited upside - floyd and jackson will return (proven veterans). Probably will retake the deep route.

Was playing a texans secondary that has been torched regularly for big plays in previous games.

I'm wondering how legit this kid looked for those who were watching the game(did he make fluke plays or create good separation//jukes, or was it just ridiculous passes from rivers). The San Diego offense is ridiculous and if he were really good(a la miles austin) then he might earn immediate playing time over even proven options. I might keep him past the bye next week regardless though, I think his small chance of breaking out is greater than the small amount that buyers would offer for him (maybe package deals).

They have soooo many options. I think Rivers will be #1 player in fantasy from here on. Of course after the bye week.

only way you get anything out of Seyi Ajirotutu this season is if you picked him up this week and played him against the piss poor Houston D.

After the bye, Rivers will likely have Gates back and possibly have Floyd back as well. Then in week 12, Jackson will be back. They could ###### around with Jackson but considering they are still likely to be in the playoff race, Im sure Jackson will be integral.

So I don't see many looks going forward for Seyi.

I picked him up and played him this week once I heard Gates was inactive.

only way you get anything out of Seyi Ajirotutu this season is if you picked him up this week and played him against the piss poor Houston D.

After the bye, Rivers will likely have Gates back and possibly have Floyd back as well. Then in week 12, Jackson will be back. They could ###### around with Jackson but considering they are still likely to be in the playoff race, Im sure Jackson will be integral.

So I don't see many looks going forward for Seyi.

I picked him up and played him this week once I heard Gates was inactive.

So who will you be picking up when you wave him this week?

This year... maybe not so much potential:

1) Floyd, VJax, Naanee, Gates due back (at least, supposedly)

2) Won't play Houston defense every week

Moving forward (in future seasons)... kid has talent, but he'll still be fighting for balls:

Floyd, Naanee and Gates -- This is assuming Vjax skips town, and Crayton retires, and I don't count Buster Davis in the picture.

Who knows though. Stranger things have happened with breakout players. He helped get me a critical W, so I'll hold my Week 9 Tutu train boarding pass dear to my heart forever.

So who will you be picking up when you wave him this week?

maybe Ford, maybe Burleson who is out there in one of my leagues... maybe a bye week fill at QB for Rivers.

Do you really think Naanee has put himself in a position where he's a threat to Tutu? He did virtually nothing before he got hurt, so why would he be a reason for Tutu to not see the field?

Gates has all sorts of injuries to deal with and VJax is not just going to jump in and perform like he has been there all season (I imagine...). Floyd (if he is fully healed) will probably the only one who threatens his playing time.

Either that or I just really need him to come up big... :shocking:

Do you really think Naanee has put himself in a position where he's a threat to Tutu? He did virtually nothing before he got hurt, so why would he be a reason for Tutu to not see the field?

Gates has all sorts of injuries to deal with and VJax is not just going to jump in and perform like he has been there all season (I imagine...). Floyd (if he is fully healed) will probably the only one who threatens his playing time.

Either that or I just really need him to come up big... :shocking:

Did you know who he was before this week?

why would you be so sure 1 good game is going to earn him continued playing time and looks once established veterans return from injury?

Gates should be back. I believe he would have played this week if not for the week 10 bye and opportunity for 2 weeks rest. Floyd should be back as well.

Jackson, i dont know what to make of his situation but with the Chargers back in contention, I could see him getting enough work.

I guess my overall point or opinion on Tutu is that he was an excellent fill in play for week 9 but I wouldnt want to rely on him going forward. I think its a stretch to think he could be the next breakout WR like a Steve Johnson. He just wont get the opportunities.

Did you know who he was before this week?

why would you be so sure 1 good game is going to earn him continued playing time and looks once established veterans return from injury?

Gates should be back. I believe he would have played this week if not for the week 10 bye and opportunity for 2 weeks rest. Floyd should be back as well.

Jackson, i dont know what to make of his situation but with the Chargers back in contention, I could see him getting enough work.

I guess my overall point or opinion on Tutu is that he was an excellent fill in play for week 9 but I wouldnt want to rely on him going forward. I think its a stretch to think he could be the next breakout WR like a Steve Johnson. He just wont get the opportunities.

I am being admittedly hopeful, but I guess my main point is that even in his limited opportunity- he has done much more than Naanee over a longer period of time. To me, that would warrant competition for Naanee's role at the very least.

His targets will obviously decrease once Gates, Floyd and Jax are back in the lineup. With that said, I also think that he has officially displaced Naanee as the #3 WR. Just my opinion mind you but I watched almost the whole game and the kid is for real. Amazing speed for a guy that tall...a lethal combination when you add in Rivers' ability to throw deep.

Another thing to consider is the fact that Vjax and Floyd will be the ones to see the opposing teams top DBs. Tutu will be lining up against nickel backs and safeties.

Naanee will continue to be the emergency QB#3. :thumbsup:

I am being admittedly hopeful, but I guess my main point is that even in his limited opportunity- he has done much more than Naanee over a longer period of time. To me, that would warrant competition for Naanee's role at the very least.

but that logic is slightly flawed due to the fact that Naanee was competing with Floyd and Gates for looks before his own injury.

Tutu had neither to compete with and had his only good game with much less competition for targets.

but that logic is slightly flawed due to the fact that Naanee was competing with Floyd and Gates for looks before his own injury.

Tutu had neither to compete with and had his only good game with much less competition for targets.

This is a 'pass first' offense...mostly out of necessity and Rivers is getting it done. There are plenty of passes to go around and Naanee had plenty of opportunities despite being in competition with Gates and Floyd. Seriously, Floyd is no superstar...he is another product of the system. Naanee showed virtually nothing and he did have a chance as a WR2 in this offense and even had a chance to be a WR1 before Floyd seized the opportunity.

I don't know what Turner, et al. have in mind for VJax, nor do we know how he will perform given that he is jumping in at such a late stage. Floyd should be back to 100%, but with a hammy...who knows? Gates has so many lingering injuries that I doubt he will be playing at 100% again this season.

I guess the bottom line is that I went drop Tutu before the dust settles.

It pretty much boils down to:

1) if you have the roster space to stash him, then by all means, see if you caught lightning in a bottle

2) but if you have limited roster space, it may be time to exit the Tutu train

Chargers coach Norv Turner confirmed that Seyi Ajirotutu has solidified a roster spot for the remainder of the season.

Ajirotutu will struggle for a big role once Vincent Jackson (Roster Exempt) and Malcom Floyd (hamstring) return, but the rookie has led San Diego wideouts in receiving in two straight games. "He obviously will make tough catches, and he obviously can get deep," Turner said. "He is an exciting player … I see him being with us for a long time." The Chargers have a bye in Week 10.

This is a 'pass first' offense...mostly out of necessity and Rivers is getting it done. There are plenty of passes to go around and Naanee had plenty of opportunities despite being in competition with Gates and Floyd. Seriously, Floyd is no superstar...he is another product of the system. Naanee showed virtually nothing and he did have a chance as a WR2 in this offense and even had a chance to be a WR1 before Floyd seized the opportunity.

I don't know what Turner, et al. have in mind for VJax, nor do we know how he will perform given that he is jumping in at such a late stage. Floyd should be back to 100%, but with a hammy...who knows? Gates has so many lingering injuries that I doubt he will be playing at 100% again this season.

i realize you are a Tutu owner who is likely desperate to start him, hoping to get that same production every week.. so you will justify why he can continue to thrive.

what you personally think of Floyd doesn't matter. The reality is, he was Rivers favorite WR target and playing pretty well before pulling his hammy. There is little reason to expect that he wont return to that role.

Im not saying Naanee is good. But nothing you said above takes away from the fact that Naanee was 3rd fiddle behind Gates and Floyd whereas Tutu was really first fiddle unless you want to make the case that Patrick Crayton was 1a to his 1b. With how much Rivers likes the deep ball I think Tutu became option 1 in that game.

both Jackson and Floyd are more established versions of Tutu. When everyone is healthy and back on San Diego, I would expect Jackson and Floyd on the outsides, Gates roaming the middle and who in the slot? Tutu doesn't seem much of a slot WR.

It's V Jax who gets left out! The Chargers aren't just going to put him in there after the hold out and trade talks and everything else. V Jax is just back for free agency eligibility - he will be on the bench while River's throws to young talent you want to play and will be on the roster in the future.

This year: Looks will be harder to come by when Players (Jackson, Floyd, Gates) return

Next year: Vincent Jackson likely gone, Naanee is a FA, Floyd is getting older, Buster Davis will be gone.

I see him starting next year, with a ton of upside with Rivers...

Definite immediate pick-up in dynastys