Sign in to follow this  
PATSSOX

Those looking for QB help...ROMO

Found on Yahoo that Romo maybe coming back sooner rather than later. You know Garrett probably would like to get him back on field before the end of season. If he is on your waiver wire and need a QB you might want to grab him now or will be too late. :thumbsup: I picked him up in one league last week and im definetly hanging onto him.

from yahoo:

Tony Romo(notes) (QB) Dallas Cowboys

Over the weekend, Jessica Simpson slipped on a ring while Romo removed a sling. Indications are the pop star's former beau could return to the spotlight after all. The Cowboys' shocking win against rival New York under the dimmed lights of the Meadowlands means, despite impossible playoff chances, Jason Garrett's club is determined to finish the season strong. In other words, it's becoming increasingly likely Romo will suit up again this year. The original timetable for Romo's return was set at 6-8 weeks, making Week 13 the earliest possible game he could be activated. As long as he's back under center for fantasy's second season, he could write a comeback story for the ages. Dallas' schedule from Week 14-16: Phi, Was, at Ari. Assuming he can quickly shake off the rust, the multi-time Pro Bowler is capable of carrying investors to great heights. The 'Boys' renewed confidence and surplus of nuclear weapons are major pluses. Available still even in competitive formats, now is the time to stash Romo for the stretch run.

from Rotoworld:

Tony Romo-QB- Cowboys Nov. 15 - 9:21 am et

Tony Romo (fractured collarbone) was spotted without a sling on the sidelines Sunday.

After the game, Romo said that sometimes he does use the sling, but he didn't need to yesterday. Regardless, Romo is apparently on the fast track in his recovery. The original timetable was 6-8 weeks following his Oct. 25 injury, making it possible Romo could be back by Week 14 or 15. But we still find it hard to believe that the Cowboys will put Romo out there if they have already been eliminated from the playoffs. The Cowboys are currently 2-7.

Source: ESPN Dallas

The more subtle, telling sign that Romo will probably be back is that the Cowboys didn't put him on IR two weeks ago when they had to make room for replacements for injured players on defense. Jerry will bring him back, as I'm sure he wants to see how the team plays with Romo under Garrett. How soon he will be back is the question.

Ugh. i'm riding Orton for the rest of the meaningless regualar season but I'd love to have Romo or kitna Weeks 15 and 16. (Meaningless because I'm 10-0 and there are 4 teams at 6-4. Clinched league and 1st round bye, sniff)

Although I can't see them rolling Romo back out this year, I'm just going to monitor his situation and not tie up a roster spot on him.

Ive been trimming down my roster to just what i need and have a spot for Mr Romo :thumbsup: But if need room ill have to cut him. There should not be many waiver claims for rest of season as long as i have all my handcuffs :thumbsup:

Ive been trimming down my roster to just what i need and have a spot for Mr Romo :thumbsup: But if need room ill have to cut him. There should not be many waiver claims for rest of season as long as i have all my handcuffs :thumbsup:

I'm doing the same bud; at this point I have to win out and have a little help. I'm rolling with 2 DEFs (keeping a week ahead of things) and 1 backup at each position.

I'm begrudgingly holding onto Jahvid Bust although I haven't started him in weeks. <_<

Tony Romo, QB DAL

News: For the first time since breaking his left collarbone in Week 7, Cowboys QB Tony Romo (shoulder) threw some passes, reports the Dallas Morning News. Before the Week 11 game against the Lions, Romo did some light throwing and he is scheduled to have X-rays done on Monday, although owner Jerry Jones is more concerned on how the injury is making Romo feel. "We didn't think an X ray or X rays would help us make this decision," Jones said. "It's going to be how it's feeling." Still, there has been no determination on whether or not he will return this season even if feeling well.

Analysis: The original timetable was 6-8 weeks, which would put Romo back in Week 13 at the absolute earliest. We should know a bit more after Monday's X-ray results are in. For now, monitor his status in the next few days to see if a return is possible before the season ends. If he does return, he could be a Fantasy contributor in the playoffs of most leagues. When healthy, he is a No. 1 Fantasy option.

He might be getting closer :unsure:

Report: Romo still at least three weeks away

Romo

Tony Romo (fractured collarbone) is expected to miss at least three more weeks, a source tells ESPN Dallas.

Romo did some light throwing during Sunday's pregame, but his timetable remains unchanged. The earliest he will be back is Week 15. Still, Sunday's report that owner Jerry Jones wants Romo to play even if the Cowboys are eliminated from the playoffs is encouraging. Romo, who is set for checkup X-rays this week, could conceivably return for tasty matchups with the Redskins and Cardinals during the fantasy playoffs. Nov. 21 - 9:07 pm et

We should know more today after his x-rays but if he is not coming back till week 15 or later its probably not worth holding him unless you have a roster spot you dont need. :dunno: Dam it

Ugh. i'm riding Orton for the rest of the meaningless regualar season but I'd love to have Romo or kitna Weeks 15 and 16. (Meaningless because I'm 10-0 and there are 4 teams at 6-4. Clinched league and 1st round bye, sniff)

Amazing how guys can throw in their useless information about how good their team is when it has nothing to do with anything. Hey good job buddy you are 10-0, I dont know your league but I bet it is really a tough one.

Tony Romo-QB-Cowboys Nov. 22 - 5:27 pm et

Recent X-rays taken on Tony Romo's clavicle revealed that his collarbone is still fractured.

Romo went down less than a month ago, so it would've been unreasonable to expect the fracture to have healed by now. ESPN Dallas reiterates its previous report that Romo is "at least three weeks away from returning," meaning he's not likely to be back before Week 15. The Dallas Morning News has indicated that a Week 14 return isn't out of the question, but would be optimistic.

Nevermind im letting Romo go :thumbsdown:

Nevermind im letting Romo go :thumbsdown:

See I have Kitna, Hill and Garrard.

I'm planning on dropping Garrard for Romo b/c I want either Dallas QB or Hill.

See I have Kitna, Hill and Garrard.

I'm planning on dropping Garrard for Romo b/c I want either Dallas QB or Hill.

I just dropped Kitna and kept Romo before this weekends games in one league :shocking:

Cowboys not expecting Romo until Week 16

Romo

The Cowboys aren't expecting Tony Romo (fractured collarbone) back until Week 16.

Previous reports have indicated that Week 14 was possible but Week 15 was more likely, so this projection has been the most dire to date. Romo was able to throw Sunday for the first time since the injury, but an X-ray showed the bone to still be broken. It's certainly possible we might not see him at all again this year, but owner Jerry Jones has indicated he'd like Romo to play late in the year even if the team was out of the playoff picture. Nov. 23 - 10:37 am et

Source: Fort Worth Star-Telegram

I think its safe to drop him now :(