Sign in to follow this  
mzf5c5

Colts VS Pats!

He couldn't get 2 yards and turned the ball over....Kinda the same? :)

Not at all. He threw it exactly where the play called for it to go. Faulk bobbled it and the refs made a questionable spot.

If you want to say someone choked in the game last year, you can choose either the coaching staff for calling the play, Faulk for bobbling it, or the refs for making a bad spot.

It is not the same as throwing your THIRD INT to a crappy defense with the game on the line.

Common sense......learn it. :mellow:

Not at all. He threw it exactly where the play called for it to go. Faulk bobbled it and the refs made a questionable spot.

If you want to say someone choked in the game last year, you can choose either the coaching staff for calling the play, Faulk for bobbling it, or the refs for making a bad spot.

It is not the same as throwing your THIRD INT to a crappy defense with the game on the line.

Common sense......learn it. :mellow:

Wow, you sure put a lot of blame on a lot of other people when you are defending Brady. Kinda funny.

Wow, you sure put a lot of blame on a lot of other people when you are defending Brady. Kinda funny.

Almost as funny as throwing your 3rd INT against an awful defense. :lol:

Almost as funny as throwing your 3rd INT against an awful defense. :lol:

I wouldn't call them aweful. And if Garcon was better, most of those wouldn't have happened.

I'll have mine for you soon!!

/still drinking at Gillette

Send it to me...Patsox made a big one, so I will keep his for a week and then do yours for a week.

I wouldn't call them aweful. And if Garcon was better, most of those wouldn't have happened.

So now it is Garcon's fault? I guess he should have used his telikinesis powers to will the ball to where there were no Patriot players. :lol:

This is a bad defense. I wish it wasn't, but it is. Didn't you see the graphic during the game this is this worst Patriots defense in 3 of four major catagories and the worst since 1990 is the 4th?

So now it is Garcon's fault? I guess he should have used his telikinesis powers to will the ball to where there were no Patriot players. :lol:

This is a bad defense. I wish it wasn't, but it is. Didn't you see the graphic during the game this is this worst Patriots defense in 3 of four major catagories and the worst since 1990 is the 4th?

And they still allowed 396 yards passing and 4 passing TD's.

I personally think you have man love for Peyton...It is ok....Manning is a God.

And they still allowed 396 yards passing and 4 passing TD's.

I personally think you have man love for Peyton...It is ok....Manning is a God.

There is nothing in the bible about God throwing a game away against a crappy defense. :dunno:

There is nothing in the bible about God throwing a game away against a crappy defense. :dunno:

He didn't throw the game away. He just wasn't able to get that 5th TD he was looking for.

He didn't throw the game away. He just wasn't able to get that 5th TD he was looking for.

He didn't throw the game away? His last throw resulted in the end of the game. How is that NOT throwing the game away??

Unless you are talking about one of the other 2 crippling INT's. ;)

He didn't throw the game away? His last throw resulted in the end of the game. How is that NOT throwing the game away??

Unless you are talking about one of the other 2 crippling INT's. ;)

A game isn't decided by one play. What about all the stupid pentalities we were getting on special teams? Backing us up in the 10 for multiple drives?

How about Donald Brown not running the greatest and our line not opening up lanes, so Manning has to throw it?

How about our corners that refuse to play at the line of scrimmage and take on the WR there?

A game isn't decided by one play.

listen... I love Peyton Manning, even as a Pats fan... he's one of the greatest, maybe the greatest.

but part of what gives him that mantle is the fact that he makes his own calls, he calls the play and then executes them.

Why anything besides a conservative pass or run was called once IND had an easy game-tying FG will forever perplex me.

That's Manning's Call... that's Manning execution... that's Manning's fault.

And to his credit, what he said after the game made me like him even more, the whole, "I'm just sick over it".

Fact: IND had NO chance to win most games unless Manning is at QB

Fact: Manning's decision and execution cost them the game vs. NE.

listen... I love Peyton Manning, even as a Pats fan... he's one of the greatest, maybe the greatest.

but part of what gives him that mantle is the fact that he makes his own calls, he calls the play and then executes them.

Why anything besides a conservative pass or run was called once IND had an easy game-tying FG will forever perplex me.

And to his credit, what he said after the game made me like him even more, the whole, "I'm just sick over it".

:thumbsup:

I don't even think that Manning would disagree

Spot on..

Another point though: I think we were playing with house money on that last drive, and I think Manning knew it. We were dominated for most of that game, only to get within striking distance with a few minutes remaining. We weren't expected to win that game. We didn't play well enough to win that game. We weren't healthy enough to win that game.

Also: I mentioned this in another thread, and I have absolutely no statistical evidence to back this up, but the Colts suck at OT. It seems like every time Manning pulls out a miracle late in a game, and forces OT, the opposition wins the coin toss, receives, moves the ball effortless-ly against our crappy DEF, and win before Manning even gets back on the field. I'm sure Manning was playing that last possession as if we were down 4 points, not 3. And so was I...At no point on that last possession would I have settled for a FG. It almost felt like we were down 4. So I didn't mind that we were taking the risks.

But Manning should be held accountable for that throw...Did he 'choke'? That's a little unfair...He was the only reason the Colts weren't embarrassed on Sunday. Ultimately, he needed to be perfect, and he wasn't. He was human.

He shouldered the loss on him after the game. I respect him for that. I know he wanted that throw back. I am sure Farve wanted that throw back last year against the Saints.

I agree with your first fact, I don't think any Colts fan would argue that. On the second fact, I never blame one player for a TEAM losing a game. Or costing a team a game.

Spot on..

Another point though: I think we were playing with house money on that last drive, and I think Manning knew it. We were dominated for most of that game, only to get within striking distance with a few minutes remaining. We weren't expected to win that game. We didn't play well enough to win that game. We weren't healthy enough to win that game.

Also: I mentioned this in another thread, and I have absolutely no statistical evidence to back this up, but the Colts suck at OT. It seems like every time Manning pulls out a miracle late in a game, and forces OT, the opposition wins the coin toss, receives, moves the ball effortless-ly against our crappy DEF, and win before Manning even gets back on the field. I'm sure Manning was playing that last possession as if we were down 4 points, not 3. And so was I...At no point on that last possession would I have settled for a FG. It almost felt like we were down 4. So I didn't mind that we were taking the risks.

But Manning should be held accountable for that throw...Did he 'choke'? That's a little unfair...He was the only reason the Colts weren't embarrassed on Sunday. Ultimately, he needed to be perfect, and he wasn't. He was human.

I agree, I didn't want a FG either. I wanted a TD on that drive. I personally had no problem with Manning throwing and trying to get a TD. Yes, a FG ties the game, but I didn't want a tie and going into overtime, I wanted a TD and not much time on the clock for the Pats to respond. We just wish that pass wasn't INTed.

Watching that post-game interview, it is clear that Manning is a class act. There is no doubt he is one of the best QBs in the history of the game.

When I saw him throw that game ending INT, all I could think was, "Why didn't Samuel make that same play in the Super Bowl?" Indeed, no one player wins the entire game for his team; but players like Manning, Brady and -- once upon a time -- Marino transend this game to the point we expect them to do everything. Yet, if Samuel makes that play in the Super Bowl, people talk about Brady as the clear GOAT.

Sure, Manning threw a few bad picks in an away game that NE had been eyeballing for two straight weeks (see Cleveland game for proof.) As a New England fan, I worry that we will go back to IND for a wild card game, where our smoke-and-mirrors defense will have to get into a track meet. Rather play in the snow at home.

Manning is a great QB. His first few years in the league, he had all the talent but hadn't quite figured out the stragegy. Then he finally turned the corner and after that you saw the Colts winning almost every game against the Pats and the Colts winning the Superbowl that one year.

That's what made me so happy about Peyton's comments after the game. He said that the Pats confused him with their coverages. I haven't heard Manning say that since 2004 aka the end of the Patriots' golden years! So even though the Patriots' defense sucks this year, I figure they must have a few tricks up their sleeve... :headbanger: