Sign in to follow this  
BoxFullofJoel

Philip Rivers best QB in the league

This may be the what settles the MVP discussion:

If either the Chargers or the Colts make a 2nd half run:

-Colts winning their final 6, or 5 of 6 to win the division behind Manning's arm.

-Chargers end up overtaking the Cheifs and win the AFC West, behind Rivers' arm.

If either of those happen, that respective QB is the front runner for MVP. If not? Vick if he continues to play at an elite level and the Eagles win 12+ games. Maybe Brady if he pads the stats a bit and his team wins 12/13 games.

Charger Fan here so I am a little biased but I try to keep it in prospective.

My MVP list right now

1) Rivers

2) Vick

3) Sanchez

hes been forgotten in the discussion. He is playing great and leading the Jets to late game comeback/wins. Plus hes in New York so we know how that whole east-coast biased thing works

Charger Fan here so I am a little biased but I try to keep it in prospective.

No worries, we all have our flaws! :) HAHA :banana:

Sigh... and here I am trying to decide whether to start Rivers or Vick.... decisions decisions...

gotta go with Rivers here

I think the Bears can contain Vick a little better then the Colts can Rivers

tremendous insight, now we all have a definative answer. Thank you for solving this for us :blink:

You're welcome. :thumbsup: Philip Rivers is the quintessential "great player on a bad team." I'm glad you understand. Now you won't be holding your breath until he finally wins a Superbowl trophy.

3) Sanchez

:rolleyes:

The Jets are stacked from top to bottom. Replace Sanchez with almost any starting quarterback and you would still have a pretty successful team. Can you say that of the Colts and Peyton Manning, or the Patriots and Tom Brady, or even the Eagles and Michael Vick?

:rolleyes:

The Jets are stacked from top to bottom. Replace Sanchez with almost any starting quarterback and you would still have a pretty successful team. Can you say that of the Colts and Peyton Manning, or the Patriots and Tom Brady, or even the Eagles and Michael Vick?

That is a good point.

But as much as I'm not sold on Sanchez, he deserves credit for what he's done the past month. He's lead game-winning drives in each of their past 4 games (before the Cincy game), albeit against some crappy teams.

I think he's in the discussion, but not top3 or 5 right now...But he's also the one player on this list most likely to play himself off the list.

Tom Brady

Michael Vick

Peyton Manning

Philip Rivers

Im going against him this week so I hope he comes back to earth and has a Brett Farve like meltdown. Just for this week :)