Sign in to follow this  
norseman

Anyone else considering benching AD this week?

Never bench your studs. I tend to live by that rule. This week I am seriously considering benching him (for Jonathan Stewart, who is facing the most generous defense to RBs in the league), but I don't know if I can bring myself to do it.

AD owners -- what are you doing with him this week?

Bad weather, field and qb for a team that may have thrown in the towel for the year.

The Bears should stack the box all day.

Never bench your studs. I tend to live by that rule. This week I am seriously considering benching him (for Jonathan Stewart, who is facing the most generous defense to RBs in the league), but I don't know if I can bring myself to do it.

AD owners -- what are you doing with him this week?

I've considered it. I will keep an eye to see if he practices today. Just a lot of bad signs on this one. Bad weather, rookie QB, Bears defense, and knee and ankle injuries. I will likely start him if he is definitely scheduled to play, but I've considered putting Green-Ellis in for him. I just don't see much upside for more than 60 total yards, with always a slight chance he gets a TD. He only had 51 yards on 17 carries against the Bears earlier in the year. I also will monitor my matchup, and could base my decision on whether I have a lead or not.

The guy I played in the last week of the regular season benched Peterson because of the bum ankle and missed out on 28 points, allowing me to defeat him and get the first week bye. Had he played him, he would have had the bye and I would now be out of the playoffs.

Don't over manage in the playoffs. Play your studs.

I don't own AD, but I think I would roll the dice and start Stewart. Great matchup....and a player who's produced when given the opportunity. I think he's a pretty safe play....maybe a top 10 RB this week.

Plus, I think the Vikings have mentally checked out for the season. Half of 'em don't care anymore, and none of 'em are thrilled about playing at TCF...in the cold on Monday Night. They've got nothing to play for...Chicago does. AD could always go off, but if I had a top 10 option waiting in the wings, I'd pull the trigger.

I just moved Peterson to my flex spot (starting Foster and Blount as RBs) and will make a decision between AP, SRice and EBennett at about 815 Monday night. Right now i have a hard time imagining not starting him, if only for a lack of better options.

I can start 3 RB's of the following:

McFadden

Bradshaw

Peterson

Stewart

Right now Stewart's on my bench, but the more I hear about TCF field and expected weather conditions, the more I'm tempted to sit AD.

i got a foster and AD....

i will be wathcing the report on sunday morning...but my only back up is s greene and t jones...

if he starts gotta start him...if hes out i guess i go with t jones.

i got a foster and AD....

i will be wathcing the report on sunday morning...but my only back up is s greene and t jones...

if he starts gotta start him...if hes out i guess i go with t jones.

That's great, but Peterson doesn't play until Monday Night.

Starting mcfadden over AD this week.

This is the only type of scenario where I can see benching AD. If you have, say, Foster, McFadden and Peterson (easily could have gotten all 3 in most drafts this year), then it makes sense to bench Peterson due to the matchup, weather, QB, etc. But there's no way I'd consider benching AD for some of the third-tier options being thrown around in various forums. He's still got way more upside than 90% of the running backs in the NFL.

Benching him for Torrain if he plays....

That's great, but Peterson doesn't play until Monday Night.

oh yeah....fock.....well today coach said he'll play so i guess i have to roll with him

I am fortunate to be regular season champion and now am in week 1 of the playoffs. I built a team with Foster and ADP as my horses. I have no depthe here. I am going to the dance with the guys who got me here.

My league is TD heavy. If Adrian gets me one TD I will be very happy. Anything else is gravy.

Thankfully he is starting. He has the talent to end run a stacked box now and then.