Sign in to follow this  
titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

Congrats RP!

So I decided to Google the quote RP keeps throwing out there (I like to fact check him from time to time)

So I enter...

The President does not have the authority to unilaterally authorize an attack

And guess what is #2 on google? Our very own RP!

So I decided to Google the quote RP keeps throwing out there (I like to fact check him from time to time)

So I enter...

So you agree with him? :dunno:

So I enter...

I just googled your thread title and guess what. Your post is #1 on google. Funny how that werks ain't it. :rolleyes:

I agree with him that the quote was accurate. Of course, this is not a unilateral attack, as the U.N. was involved somehow.

The U.N. is irrelevant considering Obama was talking about constitutional authority to authorize an attack without congressional approval, unless you're suggesting that we have amended the constitution to give the U.N. the power to authorize him. But I'm pretty sure we haven't done that.

I agree with him that the quote was accurate. Of course, this is not a unilateral attack, as the U.N. was involved somehow.

The UN has no authority to send U S troops into combat. The unilateral part is Obama not consulting the U S Congress.

Does that mean he slept with nikki? :dunno:

I originally came into this thread to say I couldn't have gone viral cuz I've never been in the same room as Nikki.

I originally came into this thread to say I couldn't have gone viral cuz I've never been in the same room as Nikki.

That would be venereal not viral :doh:

The U.N. is irrelevant considering Obama was talking about constitutional authority to authorize an attack without congressional approval, unless you're suggesting that we have amended the constitution to give the U.N. the power to authorize him. But I'm pretty sure we haven't done that.

The UN has no authority to send U S troops into combat. The unilateral part is Obama not consulting the U S Congress.

You could argue that Congress gave blanket authority to follow along with the UN when they approved the treaty founding the UN and our entry therein.

But whatever, the fact of the matter is that the President DOES in fact have that power. Every President since Reagan, and probably farther back, has done so. And of course, Vietnam was never declared, so those presidents did too.

You could argue that Congress gave blanket authority to follow along with the UN when they approved the treaty founding the UN and our entry therein.

Really? Your position is that since we signed on to the UN they control our military?

Is that what you are saying? :wacko: :blink: :shocking: