Sign in to follow this  
famousb

Starting lineups filling out - how do you feel about your team?

Now that we all have a somewhat complete starting lineup, how do you really feel about your team compared to what you were hoping to get in the draft? (obviously we all know Moz always thinks his team is the best he's drafted in years...)

QB: Tom "Hairplug" Brady

RB: LeSean McCoy

WR: Greg Jennings

WR: Percy Harvin

WR: Danny Amendola, WR STL

TE:

Flex: Ryan Matthews

Flex: Joseph Addai

Me, like my disciple Joco, i like going RB-RB-RB-RB-RB and then maybe RB again, but the value just wasn't there for me this year so i went a route i'm only a little comfortable with - and that's drafting for top-end even though the guys could also completely bust out. Typically i'd rather have the "slow and steady" guys, but this team looks like boom or bust (and it could very quickly trend towards bust...).

I think i've got a starting core that could combine for over 400 recs if they all play the whole year, and that's not a bad start. But that's not going to win games alone, so i'm really hoping Hairplug can go off this year as i'm certain Belicheat is secretly working with the team even though there is a lockout... If Hairplug goes back to that 40+ range i think i'll be a pretty happy camper.

So far, IMO, my team is all about Mike Wallace. If he performs to my expectations, I'm fine.

Everything else is going to plan so far mostly. Still some moves to make in the draft though....

QB DBrees

RB JCharles

WR LFitzgerald

WR VJackson

WR SHolmes

TE VDavis

Flex Mike Williams(Sea)

Flex Jacoby Ford/J.Starks/R.Helu

I wanted to go heavy on RBs but it looks like I might be starting 5 WRs this year. Just not impressed with the RBs at all after the top 10 or so. Guess I'll have to keep a close eye on waivers

QB DBrees

RB JCharles

WR LFitzgerald

WR VJackson

WR SHolmes

TE VDavis

Flex

Flex

I wanted to go heavy on RBs but it looks like I might be starting 5 WRs this year. Just not impressed with the RBs at all after the top 10 or so. Guess I'll have to keep a close eye on waivers

this was exactly the way i've felt this year... after those top 10 or so it's kind of like :unsure: :dunno:

So it seemed like a better idea to grab some WRs with top-end potential and then try to fill in "could be" RBs...

So far, IMO, my team is all about Mike Wallace. If he performs to my expectations, I'm fine.

Everything else is going to plan so far mostly. Still some moves to make in the draft though....

if Wallace hits, your WR squad could be sick this year - personally i'm hoping Welker has another monster year with Brady chucking him the rock :ninja:

TE is kinda a ??? for you IMO, but he could be very solid if he performs up to expectations.

but like my team, i think your RB situation could easily go south if they don't perform as expected...

QB- J Freeman

RB- K Moreno

WR- Cal Johnson

WR- R Wayne

WR- S Johnson

TE- M Lewis

K-

Def-

Flex-Best or F Jackson

Flex-Donnie Avery

Obviously my WRs are this teams strenght. I'm optomistic that Best can stay healthy this year and when he was and Stafford was in there he had some big games and Jackson will do fine as a bye week fill in.

QB-

RB- K Moreno

WR- Cal Johnson

WR- R Wayne

WR- S Johnson

TE- M Lewis

K-

Def-

Flex-Best or F Jackson

Flex-TBD

Obviously my WRs are this teams strenght. I'm optomistic that Best can stay healthy this year and when he was and Stafford was in there he had some big games and Jackson will do fine as a bye week fill in.

how do you feel about Moreno?? (i have him in a 4-team keeper league) With Fox as HC, i know there will be a lot of running, but i'm slightly concerned that Fox will want to bring in another vet to share the load.

I was a big fan of Moreno coming out of college, but am just slightly worried that Fox will run him into the ground as he tries to convert him to a power back - that was always my impression of him misusing DWil. I always felt DWil should have been used more like LT2, catching swing passes and screens, etc... to really exploit his speed and elusiveness, but instead he had to bulk up and run more up the gut.

So i just don't see Moreno having much more than 30 recs, even though i think that is the strength of his game.

all of that said, even if Fox does bring in a 2nd RB Moreno should still get plenty of touches and have upside as DWil and Stewart co-existed pretty well in CAR even when both healthy.

ps. in case you aren't aware, i'm a CAR homer and John Fox hater... :cheers:

uh-oh, speaking of...

According to the Denver Post's Woody Paige, the Broncos' brass has decided that Knowshon Moreno is "not a big-time running back."

Keep in mind Paige is a columnist, not a beat writer, but he does have sources with the Broncos. This also jibes with a previous report by Jeff Legwold of the Post. Inside Dove Valley, the belief is that Moreno "doesn't have the skill-set or the mind-set" to be a true feature back. He's headed instead for the third-down role once the Broncos acquire an early-down back. It's a good bet that free agent DeAngelo Williams tops Denver's wish list, considering his history with coach John Fox.

:unsure: :dunno:

uh-oh, speaking of...

:unsure: :dunno:

This does not worry me, besides I will draft flexibility into my lineup to address any such issues should they occur. gotta go with the flow.

Matt Ryan

Chris Johnson

Peyton Hillis

Ahmad Bradshaw or Ryan Torain

Brandon Lloyd

Dez Bryant

Yes I am pumped about this team right now. Love my RB depth, feel like they can put up huge numbers weekly if three of them hit. My 2 wide receivers are about as solid as you can expect for rounds 4 and 5. I'll do my best to find a decent #3 with all the names that are still available.

Matt Ryan - I think he had 28 td's last year??? Maybe with the addition of a certain WR, that td number could hit 30 which would be huge.

I'm really really liking this team a lot on paper :overhead:

Matt Ryan

Chris Johnson

Peyton Hillis

Ahmad Bradshaw or Ryan Torain

Brandon Lloyd

Dez Bryant

Yes I am pumped about this team right now. Love my RB depth, feel like they can put up huge numbers weekly if three of them hit. My 2 wide receivers are about as solid as you can expect for rounds 4 and 5. I'll do my best to find a decent #3 with all the names that are still available.

Matt Ryan - I think he had 28 td's last year??? Maybe with the addition of a certain WR, that td number could hit 30 which would be huge.

I'm really really liking this team a lot on paper :overhead:

i have to say i'm not a fan of your WRs at all... Lloyd was a one-year wonder, finally under a coach who loved to pass the ball and came up with creative routes. Now he's under John "plain vanilla offense" Fox who would rather run a draw play on 3rd and 6 than actually throw the ball and go for a first (seriously, he's been quoted as saying a punt is a good play...).

I just don't see Lloyd putting up near the same numbers as last year...

as for Bryant, i think he does have skills, but i don't completely trust him yet. Though i did contemplate taking him myself, i just had too many questions to really want to take him... he could be huge, but he could also be a knucklehead and have a lot of 3 rec games...

Rodgers

Mjd

Stewart

Benson

Bowe

Crabtree

Edwards

Overall I like my team so far. My wr 2/3 will be a little weak but I like my rbs

Rivers

McFadden

Thomas ®

Vereen ®

R.White

Collie

S.Smith

A.Gates

Overall one of the better drafts I have had in this league. My RB's are my weakness but could end up a PPR Strength. My QB is a tier 1 guy - My WR's assuming Collie can stay okay is a great PPR trio and Gates is the best TE out there. But as I said had I known I would get the other players I got I would have gone Mendy over McFadden but maybe McFadden will do what he did last year.

QB: Tony Romo

RB: Ray Rice

WR: Hakeem Nicks

WR: Brandon Marshall

WR: Johnny Knox

TE: Dallas Clark

Flex: Marshawn Lynch

Flex: Mario Manningham

Flex: Owen Daniels

Bench: Reggie Bush

Bench: Delone Carter

Bench: Emmanual Sanders

Bench: Earl Bennett

Bench: Anthony Armstrong

I wish I would have waited on a TE, as I think I could of gotten a highly productive runningback in the 3rd round, and there are still a few TE's available that are a lock for 750 yards available. Besides that I like my team.

QB: Tony Romo

RB: Ray Rice

WR: Hakeem Nicks

WR: Brandon Marshall

WR: Johnny Knox

TE: Dallas Clark

Flex: Marshawn Lynch

Flex: Mario Manningham

I wish I would have waited on a TE, as I think I could of gotten a highly productive runningback in the 3rd round, and there are still a few TE's available that are a lock for 750 yards available. Besides that I like my team.

There will be 1 less TE in the morning....

Yep, I'm taking him.

QB: Peyton Manning - IMHO, you have to have a QB that you don't need to worry about in this league. I can count on Peyton to put up 20-30 every week, so that's no worry.

RB1: Frank Gore - IF he's healthy, he's a top 5 ppr RB. He was on a way to a monster year before he got hurt in 2010, and he has no competition in SF. The offense runs through him.

RB2: Matt Forte - Despite putting up poor rushing numbers, playing behind a terrible O-line and not scoring many close yardage TDs, he was still the #9 RB in our league last year. I don't see why he doesn't get those same numbers and I'll take that again.

RB3: Shonn Greene - All reports, even those by Tomlinson, state that Green is ready to take over as primary RB, relegating LT2 to no more than a 3rd down back. I have high hopes for him, but even if he does no better than last season, I would take that as my RB3.

WR1: Marques Colston - Constantly underrated, in my opinion. He had a down year in 2010 and still put up 84 catches for over 1,000 and 7 TDs. I think he'll improve on those numbers, but again, even if he doesn't, I'll be happy with it.

WR2: Anquan Boldin - Not great numbers, only 64 catches for 850 and 7 TDs, but respectable for a WR2. He got hurt and came to a stall at the end of the year, so I expect him to improve on those.

WR3: A.J Green/Pierre Garcon. I knew when I took Peyton in the 3rd that I'll be thin at my #6 skill position player. I'm hoping that one of these two will break out this year. Garcon only put up 7 points less than Boldin, so if that repeats, I'll be okay here. I'm really hoping that AJ Green will explode as the #1 for Cincinnati.

TE: Who cares, all the TEs are essentially the same at this point. Still some talent available and I'll find someone.

Overall, I really like my team. I expect them to be solid every week, spectacular at times. :thumbsup: :pointstosky:

Matt Ryan

RB Chris Johnson

RB Peyton Hillis

RB Ahmad Bradshaw/Ryan Torain

WR Brandon Lloyd

WR Dez Bryant

WR Jerome Simpson or Nate Washington(Britt should be suspended at the beginning of the year)

TE - Kellen Winslow

DEF - Detroit will be huge this year!

K - TBD

I absolutely love this team. Obviously I went RB heavy, but Matt Ryan and the potential of my wr corps, plus Winslow, has me giddy inside. I'll take this team all day long offseason on paper :first: