Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

curious how newbies like the league

I started the league with 2 goals - get great owners so its fun and be mega active.

after a few rough years

--- I tossed Football scooter after 1 year as well as LODD - then urged the cheat to leave -- after the first two year league has been awesome - I credit alot to Joc fro beign so enthusiastic , Gepetto for his helpful post and catching minor errors , as well as others.

I have played FF for 11 years NEVER had a more active league than this just honored to be the commish - but its the owneed that make the league not the commish.

I will promise whatever turnover we ever have the replacements will be handpicked and must be approved by the league to join. I plan on this league being a 20 year plus league and proud to commish it.

You won't find a more active league so I hope you enjoy it

I ask 1 thing from owners -- if you got an issue address it with me first before making it public - If I don't give the response you want hey adress everyone I want everyone having a say.

I can get a little crazy so hey free free to let the insults fly LOL

allI ask reaally is have fun. Though ahill is along with me the only remander original member. But as he would agree I did what I neeeded to do to purge the trouble.

maKE FUN OF ME ALL YOU LIKE i I love it - just have fun. and please try and be active. This currently the most active FFT leeague but I want it more active.

later yall wish me luck -- I finish top 16 I get in the money to 20K minimum I win I get 350K too bad there 1500 players

I like it. It's really difficult and I am not prepared, but that's okay. I love fantasy football and this league will keep me on my toes and get me thinking earlier. In the outdated rules, it says that free agents before the season is first come first serve, is that the case? Should it be this year with no free agency yet and little news? I would propose additional bank $$$ and bidding each week before the season. But I really don't care. I usually talk more trash but I feel like I am picking blind, but everyone is in same boat is why I am not bitching about it.

:music_guitarred:

I feel like I am picking blind, but everyone is in same boat

They didn't tell you I work for the NFL? :dunno:

I like that most of the league is using the draft comments thread. Keeps the draft interesting.

So far so good, draft is moving along well and everyone seems very active. I am a bit fearful of the lesefare (sp?) attitude toward rules tho. My personality is a straightforward one, rules are rules and they need to be well defined and adhered to.

I have to agree about the free agent situation for this year, as soon as the draft is over there needs to be a league consensis on how we handle free agents this year until a CBA is reached

I think the spelling is laissez faire, not that it matters...

By yeah, there can be a slight tendency to wing it a little at times I think, but this year is a little different than most too. I say after the draft we just vote on:

Free agent pickups

Maintaining full rosters

Anything else...

The Rule is $2000 blind bid money from the end of the draft until the end of the entire fantasy season (so spend carefully during the offseason as you will need blind bid money for the entire season as no more will be given to you at the start of the season). Blind bids are every week at the same time (usually either Tuesday night or Wed. night (can't remember). Moz will set this up once he enters all players for all teams after the draft is over.

The Rule is $2000 blind bid money from the end of the draft until the end of the entire fantasy season (so spend carefully during the offseason as you will need blind bid money for the entire season as no more will be given to you at the start of the season). Blind bids are every week at the same time (usually either Tuesday night or Wed. night (can't remember). Moz will set this up once he enters all players for all teams after the draft is over.

See this is what is concerning me as a new owner in this league. Here we have a long time member stating that BB start after the draft and the thread that is pinned titled 'MFFL rules/scoring/etc' states

"Waivers : - It will be First come first serve add/drop from the end of the draft until the start of the first game in Week 1

- After week 1 Blind bidding will begin

- Blind bidding begins right after the weeks games begin and will be processed at Midnight on Wednesday.

- FCFS opens up once BBs are processed until kickoff."

See this is what is concerning me as a new owner in this league. Here we have a long time member stating that BB start after the draft and the thread that is pinned titled 'MFFL rules/scoring/etc' states

"Waivers : - It will be First come first serve add/drop from the end of the draft until the start of the first game in Week 1

- After week 1 Blind bidding will begin

- Blind bidding begins right after the weeks games begin and will be processed at Midnight on Wednesday.

- FCFS opens up once BB’s are processed until kickoff."

Moz needs to update the rules shown all in one post to reflect our current rules. I'm not touching that one. I'm not commish and I don't want to mess something up. Wait for Moz to declare what I said above as well, but that's how I remember the rule from last year.

Moz needs to update the rules shown all in one post to reflect our current rules. I'm not touching that one. I'm not commish and I don't want to mess something up. Wait for Moz to declare what I said above as well, but that's how I remember the rule from last year.

Yeah, as I said in my post above, maybe we should add $$$, but I guess it is all relative. Glad I said something.

:music_guitarred: :music_guitarred:

Yeah, as I said in my post above, maybe we should add $$$, but I guess it is all relative. Glad I said something.

:music_guitarred: :music_guitarred:

We did add bank $$$. It used to be $1000 blind bid money at the start of the season. Now it's $2000 after the draft and through the season.

We did add bank $$$. It used to be $1000 blind bid money at the start of the season. Now it's $2000 after the draft and through the season.

I remember I focked that one up last year. I thought it was for the summer only and spent $500 week #1 in the summer on Matt Jones, then $500 on a TE. I was down to $1,000 and it wasn't even July :first:

Moz did give me a little extra $ I think b/c of the mix up.

I WILL NOT KEEP A FULL ROSTER UNLESS WE ARE TOLD TO...I WILL DRAFT A FULL ROSTER WITH A DEF AND KICKER, but will drop them week #1 of the open bidding, unless we are required to keep a full roster the entire summer. It does not matter to me - I'll go by the rules. Just letting you know in advance what my intentions are though.

as every year the draft is a state of semi controlled chaos , but the league always runs smooth in season and everyone gets paid right away except last year when I got a divorce - still I paid up rather quick considering. Also I can brag that no other league on this is even close in activity.

as every year the draft is a state of semi controlled chaos , but the league always runs smooth in season and everyone gets paid right away except last year when I got a divorce - still I paid up rather quick considering. Also I can brag that no other league on this is even close in activity.

The draft ends here very soon, as stated above we have a set of rules for free agents/waiver wire in writting and another set of rules being stated by a long time member.