Sign in to follow this  
tecklc2112

Matt Moore to sign with Dolphins?

From Rotoworld...

Matt Moore will sign a two-year deal with the Dolphins Friday, a source tells the Oregonian.

The Oregonian has the report as Moore was a former Oregon State quarterback. The deal is expected to be worth $5 million, with incentives that could make it worth $7.5 million. If this report is true, it would be a strong sign that the Dolphins are no longer interested in trading for Kyle Orton.

Source: Oregonian

Jul 29, 11:23 AM

If this is true, Brandon Marshall's value is blah...

Update...

The Palm Beach Post and Miami Herald confirm the Dolphins are negotiating with free agent QB Matt Moore, but not deal has been reached yet.

According to beat writer Ben Volin, Miami's interest is "much more than preliminary." The reported contract terms of $2.5 million per year would leave Moore as a low-paid No. 2 or high-paid No. 3, suggesting a signing wouldn't prevent a Kyle Orton trade after all.

Related: Kyle Orton, Dolphins

Source: Palm Beach Post

Jul 29, 11:49 AM

Oh, Miami is still very interested. The Fins just understand they don't need to give the Broncos a first- or second-day pick for him when the Broncos are about $9 M over the cap, with Orton himself making up about 99% of that figure.

Oh, Miami is still very interested. The Fins just understand they don't need to give the Broncos a first- or second-day pick for him when the Broncos are about $9 M over the cap, with Orton himself making up about 99% of that figure.

Rotoworld is saying that Orton's contract demands are the real holdup, not the pick...

I saw the update and I can't say I blame the guy. He got run out of Chicago when all he did is win with a poor supporting cast. The offseason after putting up solid numbers in his first year in Denver, he gets put on notice again with a first-round pick that most people still feel is a project at best in the NFL. All he wants is a contract that says he is the unquestioned starter. I'd be VERY surprised if this deal doesn't get done in the near future. It may drag into the preseason, but I think it will happen.

matt moore is a true waste of a roster spot on an nfl bench. Terrible! Miami really needs to make a push for one of these guys that even has a shot at being mediocre! Even a guy who is all hype would suffice a this point! Bulger at least!

As a Miami homer and unfortunate lifelong fan, this pisses me off to no end. Every other team is making these fantastic moves and we trade for Moore??? Really? We play in the toughest division in football to begin with and Matt Moore is our savior? Another 7-9 season if we are lucky. Reggie Bush is nothing but a name, with Sproles being much more effective. New Orleans knew this and acted accordingly. It just seems like every team keeps moving forward except for us..... Aggravating!

Bush went to Miami without a QB. It is just hard to believe he will do anything without Brees or a QB like Brees hittig him in stride coming out of the backfield. Question his decision making. Which has always been a problem.