Sign in to follow this  
Riddlen

Why are we acting surprised by Big Ben being good?

I have noticed him on sleeper lists and undervalued lists and such. Not too mention our own conversations OPs seem to overlook him or consider him in a worse light than he deserves. he missed 4 games for being a doucher. take his average for the other 12 games and project it and he is QB7. EXACTLY what he was in 09. He should be the first guy off the board after the big 6 (unless you want to argue for Homo).

I have noticed him on sleeper lists and undervalued lists and such. Not too mention our own conversations OPs seem to overlook him or consider him in a worse light than he deserves. he missed 4 games for being a doucher. take his average for the other 12 games and project it and he is QB7. EXACTLY what he was in 09. He should be the first guy off the board after the big 6 (unless you want to argue for Homo).

I don't think anyone is surprised at Ben being good, it's the Pitt Offense in the past that has kept him from being a top tier fantasy QB.

I don't think anyone is surprised at Ben being good, it's the Pitt Offense in the past that has kept him from being a top tier fantasy QB.

I disagree, it's the Steelers defense that does that. No need to be Tom Brady when you only have to score 14-17 pts to win.

I disagree, it's the Steelers defense that does that. No need to be Tom Brady when you only have to score 14-17 pts to win.

Remember the Pats 16-0 season? Offense and Defense.

Why would you not want to be dominant on both sides of the ball? Why would you take your foot off the pedal before the 4th quarter?

It's not that we are suprised he is good. It's the fact that he holds the ball so long, takes so many hits and is due such bad karma that he is a walking injury time bomb. :doh:

Still, I like to wait on QB so I like drafting him...darn there goes my karma. :shocking:

In all seriousness he is tough as nails and plays hurt and is as big as most linebackers.

The curious part is that on a team with all of the following:

Strong defense, great RB, history of running heavy, thin WR depth, pourous O-line in pass protection

It is amazing they throw so often and so well.

Remember the Pats 16-0 season? Offense and Defense.

Why would you not want to be dominant on both sides of the ball? Why would you take your foot off the pedal before the 4th quarter?

I do not disagree, but will argue that the Pats defense wasn't all that great that season, their offense was so efficient it made playing defense easy. It's a hell of a lot easier to pin your ears back and go after someone when you're offense already has you up by two TD's about 8 minutes into the game.

I came into this thread unsure if it was about his play or his offseason behavior. I don't think there has ever been any doubt he's a very good quarterback.