Sign in to follow this  
wild_and_crazy_guy

Why is Frank Gore ranked so low?

Frank Gore seems to be fully recovered, is the centerpiece of the SF offense, and is not in jeopardy of losing carries. Before his hip injury, he was an elite RB on track to finishing as a top 3 RB in 2010. Now that he is healthy again, why is he ranked so low, and slipping to round 2? Is there some other reason he is slipping? Just want to make sure I'm not missing something. Thanks

Frank Gore seems to be fully recovered, is the centerpiece of the SF offense, and is not in jeopardy of losing carries. Before his hip injury, he was an elite RB on track to finishing as a top 3 RB in 2010. Now that he is healthy again, why is he ranked so low, and slipping to round 2? Is there some other reason he is slipping? Just want to make sure I'm not missing something. Thanks

It is speculation. All runningbacks break down eventually. This will be frank gore's 7th season, and he is 28 years old.

I would say there is a 40% chance he breaks down this year.

30% chance he breaks down next season.

25% chance he breaks down in 2 years.

5% chance he breaks down in 3 years.

You do not want to be holding a player the year they finally go, so it is less risky to take a top tier WR, or even a lower tier RB with less mileage.

Personally i would not consider gore until the late 3rd or early 4th round.

He's healthy. He is reasonably young, however he is getting closer to that oh so dreaded 30. He's been a workhorse most of his career so that 28 is older than it sounds. These aren't the reasons I think he is drafted in round 2.

His O-line sucks. Maybe it's improved but it still sucks.

His team sucks. Maybe it's improved but it still sucks. They'll be trailing most of the games which turns him into more of a check off WR.

Those getting drafted before him are where they should be. Plain and simple, there are just better quality in front of him this year. It's not a knock on him at all.

I think him in the second round is great value. No need to reach for him at the end of the 1st if say you have the 8th or 9th pick. He'll be there at the snake.

Sshhh. These are not the rookie RBs you're looking for.

He might lose some carries to Hunter keep him fresh. I'm all for that and will pick up both in my auction if the value is there.

He's not that old but he's had at least 2 ACL injuries i believe going back to college and other nagging injuries as well.

Adam Schefter Twitter

Negotiations between Frank Gore and 49ers are going slowly. Gore frustrated.

August 21, 2011

@erknjerk

I love how everyone seems to be falling in love with Kendall Hunter, based on his long touchdown against the Raiders scrubs in a preseason game.

Go ahead and waste a draft pick on him. Gore needs to get hurt, and he has to beat out Anthony Dixon (who averaged 4.4 ypc against the Raiders' first team). Both Dixon and Hunter will get some carries as the 49ers try to preserve their franchise back. But don't get carried away.

It is speculation. All runningbacks break down eventually. This will be frank gore's 7th season, and he is 28 years old.

I would say there is a 40% chance he breaks down this year.

30% chance he breaks down next season.

25% chance he breaks down in 2 years.

5% chance he breaks down in 3 years.

You do not want to be holding a player the year they finally go, so it is less risky to take a top tier WR, or even a lower tier RB with less mileage.

Personally i would not consider gore until the late 3rd or early 4th round.

Wait, his chance of breaking down decreases the longer he lasts? So if he can make it to year 4, odds are he'll be immortal!

Wait, his chance of breaking down decreases the longer he lasts? So if he can make it to year 4, odds are he'll be immortal!

The reason I put him as having a 25% chance of breaking down two years from now is because I believe he has a 70% chance of breaking down before then.

Completely agree. Gore's value is a product of what he's become. If he had a better history of keeping healthy, it isn't unreasonable to assume he'd be higher... however... he's always hurt.

he was strong last year and caught a log of passes. he got hurt around game 12 or so and that was that. i'll take him in the late second if he's there and for sure in the 3rd, depending on best on the board of course.

I got him Blount and Dwill fighting for the #1 RB spot lol Let's pay this guy and let him loose for 1 more good season.