Sign in to follow this  
Big Blue 06

Trade Advice

If you would be so kind, please let me know which side of this trade you think is getting the best of it. Remember, this is a dynasty league, standard scoring.

Team A:

Peyton Manning

Michel Turner

Dwayne Bowe

Antonio Gates

Tampa Bay D

Team B:

Joe Flacco

Rashard Mendenhall

Roddy White

Jets D

Which side is better? TIA, I'll answer yours. :doublethumbsup:

If you would be so kind, please let me know which side of this trade you think is getting the best of it. Remember, this is a dynasty league, standard scoring.

Team A:

Peyton Manning

Michel Turner

Dwayne Bowe

Antonio Gates

Tampa Bay D

Team B:

Joe Flacco

Rashard Mendenhall

Roddy White

Jets D

Which side is better? TIA, I'll answer yours. :doublethumbsup:

Dynasty, I'll take B, unless it's win this yr, then A.

I concur. Team B has more long term value.

Depends how many roster slots, if there are 16-18 roster slots then team B got the better end of the deal, if there are 22-30 roster slots, then team A.

Team B for the long run - but like Dehaven said - if you're going for the championship this year or next - Team A looks much stronger

SkiBum has a valid point as well - how many roster positions do you have?

Thanks for the input guys, there are 28 roster spots. You guys are right on with what I'm thinking. We have strange starting rosters:

2 QBs

2 RBs

2 WRs

1 TE

4 Flex

are Mendy and White locks to be great for years to come??? White maybe but damn rb's flip flop like the wind unless you are a LT or AD Faulk , etc?

I am actually a decent Dynasty player than I am a redraft player and you NEVER take a team for long term value as you have no clue what there long term value is especially with RB's.

Always play/draft for now and let the mooks draft / trade for tommorow right before a season starts. Then after the season trade to get a little younger every year takes a little effort though to trade but it works. Take the last Dynasty league I was in ( LBH is in there now ) - in 6 years I won my division 5 times , 2 titles , 3 runner ups , made playoffs every year and had the most wins total of any team. Hell the year after I left the guy that took my team won the title. So the system I laid out works -- just takes effort in the off season to make alot of trades and sacrifice your draft picks to people that love rookies so much. I didn't want to put in the effort anymore so thats why I left it.

so in short Team A and it really isn't even close especially in a standard scoring ( assuming no PPR )

Why wouldn't it be to win this year?

from my take "win this year" means "go all in, sell out future years, and then have to start rebuilding next year".

The thought being Manning, Turner and Gates are going to be good this year (if not elite), but at least Turner and Gates are going to potentially be on a big decline next year and may not be as viable of starters due to age/injury concern.

Flacco (at least IMO) is a low-end serviceable #1 QB, with a big arm on a team that's trying to develop a deep threat for him to throw to.

Mendy is a top10 RB, and should be for the next 2-3 years.

White should be a top15 for 3-4 years at least (these are just generalizations w/o too much analysis).

So Team B could still win this year without question - though Flacco is clearly a downgrade to Manning. So B has more longterm upside, but not as much this year upside...

It could be.

It's a preference of the owner I suppose.

There are disadvantages long term in this deal, from my perspective.

Don't understand the play for the future thinking but oh well. Guess that's why I think Dynasty leagues are a lot easier to win than a redraft because so many owners think of the future instead of the now.. I mean it takes a lot of trades but I think I proved in BDL 1 that you can win consistently every year playing for the now - especially when you spot the people that like dynatsy draft picks. But... if you do not want to trade and its just a fun league then I guess maybe I understand plan B.

but in this case

Manning is a top 3-5 QB for 3 years maybe more. Flacco is a back up FF QB and always will be

Turner in a standard league is about equal to Mendy ( ATL has a great O ) at least this year -- will Mendy be the better back going forward - he should be but who knows he could have an injury or have a bad season and end up in RBBC the next year ... with RB's it's 50/50 year to year.

Gates - he is the #1 TE right now against no TE offered on the other team -- depending on his foot his has 2 maybe 3 seasons left as a solid TE if not elite.

Bowe - White -- this is standard scoring not PPR ( I am assuming ) in that format they are basically equal as Bowe should get more scores but White more yards -- both pretty young for a WR.

Don't understand the play for the future thinking but oh well. Guess that's why I think Dynasty leagues are a lot easier to win than a redraft because so many owners think of the future instead of the now.. I mean it takes a lot of trades but I think I proved in BDL 1 that you can win consistently every year playing for the now - especially when you spot the people that like dynatsy draft picks. But... if you do not want to trade and its just a fun league then I guess maybe I understand plan B.

but in this case

Manning is a top 3-5 QB for 3 years maybe more. Flacco is a back up FF QB and always will be

Turner in a standard league is about equal to Mendy ( ATL has a great O ) at least this year -- will Mendy be the better back going forward - he should be but who knows he could have an injury or have a bad season and end up in RBBC the next year ... with RB's it's 50/50 year to year.

Gates - he is the #1 TE right now against no TE offered on the other team -- depending on his foot his has 2 maybe 3 seasons left as a solid TE if not elite.

Bowe - White -- this is standard scoring not PPR ( I am assuming ) in that format they are basically equal as Bowe should get more scores but White more yards -- both pretty young for a WR.

Damn, this is the only thing you said that was right.

Manning will not be top 3-5 for 3yrs, Flacco is not only a backup, Turner is not equal to Mendy, Bowe is not equal to White ppr or no ppr.

Damn, this is the only thing you said that was right.

Manning will not be top 3-5 for 3yrs, Flacco is not only a backup, Turner is not equal to Mendy, Bowe is not equal to White ppr or no ppr.

you high again dude?

A. Manning is a top 3 EVER QB he is like 35 -- so him being a top 5 QB till he is 37 is a reach????????????? Yeah Flacco is a stud - sorry dude unless he has a breakout season - a solid Back up is actually what he is.

B. Turner in a non PPR league while I wouldn't take him over Mendy ( based on injury worries ) when he plays he is a non PPR stud on a great offense with a great line. The 2 for next year at least aren't that far off - its a coin flip as to who finishes better if they both play 16 games.

C. I own White and am saying this -- White had his best season last year statistically and was the PPR #1 wr. In Non PPR who had the better season in 2010? -- Bowe out scored him.

Thanks for the trade advice guys. I am team B and I made the trade. I lost in the super bowl last year and I think that with the upgrade at QB and TE, I should be able to get back there again this season. I hate giving up Mendenhall, but I think I had no choice. :thumbsup:

you high again dude?

A. Manning is a top 3 EVER QB he is like 35 -- so him being a top 5 QB till he is 37 is a reach????????????? Yeah Flacco is a stud - sorry dude unless he has a breakout season - a solid Back up is actually what he is.

B. Turner in a non PPR league while I wouldn't take him over Mendy ( based on injury worries ) when he plays he is a non PPR stud on a great offense with a great line. The 2 for next year at least aren't that far off - its a coin flip as to who finishes better if they both play 16 games.

C. I own White and am saying this -- White had his best season last year statistically and was the PPR #1 wr. In Non PPR who had the better season in 2010? -- Bowe out scored him.

I quit smokin' weed 6 months ago. I broke the Pookie "it keeps callin' me" syndrome.

And, it's my opinion, and you cant take it from me! :banana:

I quit smokin' weed 6 months ago. I broke the Pookie "it keeps callin' me" syndrome.

And don't forget that Moz may think dynasty is easy, but that may just be because he gets his arse kicked in this league... :overhead:

And don't forget that Moz may think dynasty is easy, but that may just be because he gets his arse kicked in this league... :overhead:

hey I admit I am not the greatest re draft player though not the worst either. Redraft is more about drafting well and working the ww well -- not as easy to make lopsided trades in re draft. In redraft you have to give to get -- in Dynasty you can trade with air so to speak as I always traded my 1,2,3,4,5 round draft picks to a team that loved the "future" for a player or players I knew was good now. I mean in reality how much value does the 1.10 dynasty pick have - thats the lowest I ever finished 3rd.

so you moved on to Crack... Bro put down the pipe man... :banana: