Sign in to follow this  
montana

Good question here!

Rodgers got his first ring last year. Who is going to be the next QB to win his first ring?

Rodgers got his first ring last year. Who is going to be the next QB to win his first ring?

He or she is still in college or maybe even high school.

Several good candidates, depending on how things break for them. I'd rank em...

Schaub - The offense is a beast, with AJ and Foster. The D is getting better. This is the year they get in the dance, we'll see what they do with it.

Ryan - Looks like a great offense for the forseeable future. They could use to stiffen the D a little, but if things bounce right for them, it could happen as soon as this year.

Rivers - Easily the best of the bunch, but probably has the least talent around him. Only 1 good WR, how much longer can gates be a beast, defense is up and down, need to see a running game develop.

Cutler - I know I know, he is wildly inaccurate and pick prone. But so was Eli, and he has a ring. The D is stout. If the bears line can ever play decent, and get him a weapon or two, it could happen.

Freeman - I like the direction this team is heading. Needs another weapon or two, and the D could use a bit more bite, but they are on the right path, and dude is a leader.

Flacco - This team is just getting old. I'm not sure how long that D can hold up.

ETA: Nobody mentioned Sanchez? I don't really like him as a QB much, and I just don't see that happening in the AFC. But anything could, he's been close to getting there twice now.

He or she is still in college or maybe even high school.

QFT. I see a team repeating this year. Saints, Packers, Patriots, or Steelers. At this point the only others in contention are Ravens, Falcons, Chargers, and possibly the Jets. I just don't believe in the Texans D, or that Peyton Manning will be on top of his game.

I find it odd that people are suddenly so down on the Eagles this year. At times last year they looked like one of the most dominant teams in NFL history! Yes, teams are starting to figure Vick out and Maclin's illness is likely to stunt the offense a bit at the beginning of the year... But even taking those things into consideration this team has improved greatly since last season. I understand people on this board not being as high on them/Vick as the national media is but they certainly deserve a mention!

Here's how I rank the QBs most likely to win their first ring...

1. VICK (with that being said I like the chances of another QB repeating better, i.e. Rogers, Tom Brady)

2. Matt Ryan

3. Mark Sanchez

4. Philip Rivers

5. Tony Romo

6. COLT MCCOY! (I'm an eternally optimistic Browns homer)

I find it odd that people are suddenly so down on the Eagles this year. At times last year they looked like one of the most dominant teams in NFL history! Yes, teams are starting to figure Vick out and Maclin's illness is likely to stunt the offense a bit at the beginning of the year... But even taking those things into consideration this team has improved greatly since last season. I understand people on this board not being as high on them/Vick as the national media is but they certainly deserve a mention!

Here's how I rank the QBs most likely to win their first ring...

1. VICK (with that being said I like the chances of another QB repeating better, i.e. Rogers, Tom Brady)

2. Matt Ryan

3. Mark Sanchez

4. Philip Rivers

5. Tony Romo

6. COLT MCCOY! (I'm an eternally optimistic Browns homer)

Certainly it is possible, but Vick reminds me of the run-and-gun Phoenix Suns -- great for the regular season, not so much for the playoffs when defenses take on a higher importance, and most of the teams you face have a good to great defense. All it takes is one to knock him off of his game and the Eagles are toast.

I like your 2-5 in that order as I think those represent the teams in a position to possibly make a SB run. I'd maybe put Sanchez ahead of Ryan because Ryan and the Falcons have laid some pretty smelly playoff turds in recent years.

Certainly it is possible, but Vick reminds me of the run-and-gun Phoenix Suns -- great for the regular season, not so much for the playoffs when defenses take on a higher importance, and most of the teams you face have a good to great defense. All it takes is one to knock him off of his game and the Eagles are toast.

I like your 2-5 in that order as I think those represent the teams in a position to possibly make a SB run. I'd maybe put Sanchez ahead of Ryan because Ryan and the Falcons have laid some pretty smelly playoff turds in recent years.

Oh please...he was 20 yds and 1 poor pass away from eliminating GB last year. Sure, they were at home but to say he can't get it done in the post season is ridiculous.

Oh please...he was 20 yds and 1 poor pass away from eliminating GB last year. Sure, they were at home but to say he can't get it done in the post season is ridiculous.

I didn't say he can't get it done; I said I thought it was unlikely and laid out an argument in support of it. Your counter is a game in which they were down 21-10 in the 4th quarter. :dunno:

Why is that ridiculous? He never got it done in Atlanta. I just don't see him stringing together the string of good games necessary to win the super bowl against playoff caliber defenses. And in the Eagles offense, he IS the offense.

Why is that ridiculous? He never got it done in Atlanta. I just don't see him stringing together the string of good games necessary to win the super bowl against playoff caliber defenses. And in the Eagles offense, he IS the offense.

He did play in the NFC title game for ATL, right? And, saying he IS the offense in Philly is ridiculous as well. I guess DJax, Maclin, McCoy, and Celek are bums, right? If/when the o-line comes together look out...

He did play in the NFC title game for ATL, right? And, saying he IS the offense in Philly is ridiculous as well. I guess DJax, Maclin, McCoy, and Celek are bums, right? If/when the o-line comes together look out...

Maclin and Djax are good, not great, wideouts. You will see how useless they are when Vince Young is forced to play when vick goes down.

McCoy... great for the eagles offense, as he is a great catcher. Can he carry a team on the ground? I dunno.

What I meant was, Andy Reid's offense has always been the most QB centric, pass driven offense in the league. There is little margin for error. Its not like in say Pittsburg, where if Ben has an off day, Mendy can shoulder the load. If Vick has a bad day, the Eagles lose, plain and simple. And I don't like the odds of him going through a whole playoff without one off day against those caliber defenses.

McNabb. :pointstosky:

Never give up hope fockers :headbanger: