Sign in to follow this  
DeaLerZ

Carson Palmer

Carson Palmer still hasn't filed retirement papers with the NFL.

Palmer doesn't want to retire. He just wants to play for a team other than the Bengals. Palmer is on the reserve/did not report list, which exposes him to fines of $30,000 per day. He still holds a degree of leverage, though, as he could report days before the season opener. The Bengals would then have to decide whether to cut Palmer or pay his $11.5 million salary. Owner Mike Brown would almost certainly pay it if forced to make a decision. Aug 23 - 9:56 PM

Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com

Has anyone heard anything else... He obviously does not want to retire.. so what is his next step???? I think he shows up and puts the ball in the Bengals court..

Carson Palmer still hasn't filed retirement papers with the NFL.

Palmer doesn't want to retire. He just wants to play for a team other than the Bengals. Palmer is on the reserve/did not report list, which exposes him to fines of $30,000 per day. He still holds a degree of leverage, though, as he could report days before the season opener. The Bengals would then have to decide whether to cut Palmer or pay his $11.5 million salary. Owner Mike Brown would almost certainly pay it if forced to make a decision. Aug 23 - 9:56 PM

Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com

Has anyone heard anything else... He obviously does not want to retire.. so what is his next step???? I think he shows up and puts the ball in the Bengals court..

Heard he shot a 73 the other day.

I live near Cincy, am a Bengal's fan and watch the Cincy boards. I think it is a lock he will make a play to try to get the management to make a decision by showing up. Problem is, I don't think that Mike Brown in all his stupidity will cut or trade him even if he shows.

Cincy already cut his brother, Dalton will be a nice QB in years to come and Palmer is an afterthought. I wish he'd come back, sign and the Bengals would trade him. I don't have faith in it happening, I would love to see it though.

Palmer for Gallery and a 3rd in 2012. I can dream.

I've been following this story for months. No idea what will happen. With Mike Brown, anything could happen.

You've already cleaned house and drafted his replacement. Why not move on and get some draft picks for the guy? Idiocy.

Brown is a moron. I hope Palmer shows & collects the cash. Just trade the guy & get w/e you can - which won't be much cuz the rest of the league knows they're screwed either way. Cincinnati's only hope is for a starting QB to get hurt soon & make a call. Good Luck.

Brown is a moron. I hope Palmer shows & collects the cash. Just trade the guy & get w/e you can - which won't be much cuz the rest of the league knows they're screwed either way. Cincinnati's only hope is for a starting QB to get hurt soon & make a call. Good Luck.

Agreed with your first 2 sentences. I hope his ass shows, gets paid and sits on the bench sipping Gatorade. Doubt he'd do that tho with the kind of individual he is.

I've been following this story for months. No idea what will happen. With Mike Brown, anything could happen.

You've already cleaned house and drafted his replacement. Why not move on and get some draft picks for the guy? Idiocy.

Not a day went by where I didn't hope he got traded to Seattle. I was 100% prepared to change teams if that happened...Arizona too.

Agreed with your first 2 sentences. I hope his ass shows, gets paid and sits on the bench sipping Gatorade. Doubt he'd do that tho with the kind of individual he is.

That would be sweet wouldn't it lol. I'm sure a lot of athletes do that with "injuries" anyhow. He's been a cool cat most part of his career, he should stick it to them and just milk it if they won't trade him. The niners will give you crabcakes and a draft pick C'mon!!!! Throw in alexia smith for free to "mentor" dalton =D