Sign in to follow this  
Football Fan 20

I'm here to help

Who should I take at #1? Redraft, 12 teams, ppr! I'm leaning to AP due to his consistancy. But am looking at Rice too...

I would go with AP, not saying Rice doesn't excite me in PPR though. I go with AP because of his consisteny and because I believe that McNabb has something to prove. With having something to prove I belive that McNabb will open the field up and give AP more opportunites to catch swing passes and take them for big gains. Good luck on your season.

I'm in the 10th year of a 12 Team PPR Dynasty League. We start 1 QB and 5 (RB + WR) with a maximum of 3 RBs at once.

I'm considering trading

Chris Johnson

for

Mark Ingram and

Greg Jennings

Would you do this deal? Johnson is one of those guys that I get sick of routing for, because I can't stand him as a person. Now, I'm wondering if his play to begin a slow decline now that he's been paid. Or, if he could suffer some sort of hamstring injury after missing most of camp (obviously, there's no way to know this). Also, I think Ingram is a fantastic talent.

My current relevant roster:

QB:

Matthew Stafford

Matt Ryan

RB:

Chris Johnson

Arian Foster

Javon Ringer

Ben Tate

Fred Jackson

Rashad Jennings

Delone Carter

WR:

Calvin Johnson

Mike Wallace

Kenny Britt

AJ Green

Thanks for your thoughts.

I'm in the 10th year of a 12 Team PPR Dynasty League. We start 1 QB and 5 (RB + WR) with a maximum of 3 RBs at once.

I'm considering trading

Chris Johnson

for

Mark Ingram and

Greg Jennings

Would you do this deal? Johnson is one of those guys that I get sick of routing for, because I can't stand him as a person. Now, I'm wondering if his play to begin a slow decline now that he's been paid. Or, if he could suffer some sort of hamstring injury after missing most of camp (obviously, there's no way to know this). Also, I think Ingram is a fantastic talent.

My current relevant roster:

QB:

Matthew Stafford

Matt Ryan

RB:

Chris Johnson

Arian Foster

Javon Ringer

Ben Tate

Fred Jackson

Rashad Jennings

Delone Carter

WR:

Calvin Johnson

Mike Wallace

Kenny Britt

AJ Green

Thanks for your thoughts.

First off let me say impressive team! I wouldn't do that for any reason, you're stacked at RB and you're pretty strong at WR. Ingram is unproven and with Sproles and Thomas there I don't know when and if he will ever get to be a full time starter there without people stealing carries. I think you stand pat unless an offer you can't turn down comes along. Good luck!

#1 12 Team Non-PPR Default Scoring

I'm leaning to Ray Rice...might be because my team is the Bears and I know how tough the division has become defensively and AP has 6 games against thoes D's. Thoughts on that?

As well as I have never picked from the #1 spot before...I just did this mock. Thoughts? Or do you have strategies from drafting out of that position?

1. Ray Rice (Bal - RB)

2. Vincent Jackson (SD - WR)

3. Peyton Hillis (Cle - RB)

4. Jeremy Maclin (Phi - WR)

5. Ben Roethlisberger (Pit - QB)

6. Jahvid Best (Det - RB)

7. Josh Freeman (TB - QB)

8. Mike Thomas (Jac - WR)

9. Brandon Jacobs (NYG - RB)

10. Rob Gronkowski (NE - TE)

11. Lee Evans (Bal - WR)

12. Dustin Keller (NYJ - TE)

13. San Diego (SD - DEF)

14. Montario Hardesty (Cle - RB)

15. Josh Brown (StL - K)

#1 12 Team Non-PPR Default Scoring

I'm leaning to Ray Rice...might be because my team is the Bears and I know how tough the division has become defensively and AP has 6 games against thoes D's. Thoughts on that?

As well as I have never picked from the #1 spot before...I just did this mock. Thoughts? Or do you have strategies from drafting out of that position?

1. Ray Rice (Bal - RB)

2. Vincent Jackson (SD - WR)

3. Peyton Hillis (Cle - RB)

5. Ben Roethlisberger (Pit - QB)

6. Jahvid Best (Det - RB)

7. Josh Freeman (TB - QB)

8. Mike Thomas (Jac - WR)

10. Rob Gronkowski (NE - TE)

11. Lee Evans (Bal - WR)

12. Dustin Keller (NYJ - TE)

13. San Diego (SD - DEF)

14. Montario Hardesty (Cle - RB)

15. Josh Brown (StL - K)

Non PPR league I'm more of an AP fan, AP can get yards even when hit in the back field. Also I'm afraid that Ricky Williams could steal a few goal line carries away from Rice. I really like your idea of getting 2RBs and a WR in the first 3 picks, however I'm not really sold on Jahvid Best, in fact I'm more sold on Marshawn Lynch than Best bc I think he will catch a lot of balls in garbage time and I don't see Morris stealing as many carries. Good luck and enjoy the draft!

The two QBs on my roster are Big Ben and Payton Manning. I was able to get Manning late as everyone was afraid of his neck issue. 10 team league, so everyone has a decent QB. My ???? is what kind of value do you think I could get if I trade Manning to someone who loses their #1 QB to injury?

The two QBs on my roster are Big Ben and Payton Manning. I was able to get Manning late as everyone was afraid of his neck issue. 10 team league, so everyone has a decent QB. My ???? is what kind of value do you think I could get if I trade Manning to someone who loses their #1 QB to injury?

Well not knowing your league settings and what other teams have it's really hard for me to answer that question. If it is a pass happy league (6pts per pass TD 1 pt per every 20 yards passing) you could end up getting a tier 2 or tier 3 type rb. If it's not a PPR you could get a top tier WR.If you want to give me league settings I can help a little more. Good luck.

Well not knowing your league settings and what other teams have it's really hard for me to answer that question. If it is a pass happy league (6pts per pass TD 1 pt per every 20 yards passing) you could end up getting a tier 2 or tier 3 type rb. If it's not a PPR you could get a top tier WR.If you want to give me league settings I can help a little more. Good luck.

PPR 6 pts pass TD.

Personaly I think it will come down to which teams loses its starting QB. I just hope it's not mine. :unsure:

My thoughts are pretty much in line with yours though on the tier 2 rb. My Current RBs are Rice, Blount, and Wells. I'd like to add some depth there.

PPR 6 pts pass TD.

Personaly I think it will come down to which teams loses its starting QB. I just hope it's not mine. :unsure:

My thoughts are pretty much in line with yours though on the tier 2 rb. My Current RBs are Rice, Blount, and Wells. I'd like to add some depth there.

Yeah I'm not sold on Wells, or the Cardinals at all for that matter. I think that Manning does have an added value being that you get 6 pts per passing TD instead of 4 pts. Hope the info helps and good luck!

week one matchups:

DMC @ DEN

felix @ NYJ

dwill vs AZ

hightower vs NYG

fjax @ KC

i plan on starting DMC. which other two should i start?

Well not knowing your league settings I would go with with Felix Jones and Hightower bc I think they will get majority of the workload unlike Fred and Williams.If you want to give me league settings I can give you more information. Good luck!

Well not knowing your league settings I would go with with Felix Jones and Hightower bc I think they will get majority of the workload unlike Fred and Williams.If you want to give me league settings I can give you more information. Good luck!

i'm sorry. ppr. all td's are 6pts. start 2rb, 2wr, 1w/r.

i'm sorry. ppr. all td's are 6pts. start 2rb, 2wr, 1w/r.

It being PPR I may consider DWill over Hightower for the simple fact that Newton or Clausen will be rushed and will have to dump off passes to the the running back, also they will be behind so he may get catches in garbage time. Good luck in week 1!

Thanks in advance for your opinion.

12 Team Non-PPR draft with bonus points for long TDs otherwise standard scoring. Would you draft CJ or Rice wih the #2 pick assuming AP goes first?

10 team league with 1. per reception. I have the third pic overall. It looks like Chris johnson will now go number 1 and the number to pick likes ray rice. So that leaves me foster peterson and charles.

Who is the best pick at number 3. Foster may be be out 3 weeks. Do I gamble with him and take 2 more running backs with my next to picks... or jake peterson or charles. Why oh why do I have this dilema. If it helps...your top 5rbs for ppr.

thx

The first possible trade of the season. Here are the teams.

Team 1

Greg Jennings

Sanantonio Holmes

Lance Moore

Maclom Floyd

Bradshaw

Forte

Ray Rice

My team

Marshall

Welker

Colston

Steve Johnson

Maclin

Foster

Shonn Greene

Best

Ryan Mathews

I want to get Rice and he would like to upgrade his WR. We play 2WR 2RB 1RB/WR standard scoring nonPPR. He has offered me Ray Rice for Marshall or Johnson and Greene. I would like to make it either Best or Mathews instead of Greene but I may have to go with Greene included. Do you think this is a fair trade that the league would go for? Is it a solid trade for me to make or am I getting rid of my top WR? Please let me know and I will answer yours.

Thanks

Thanks in advance for your opinion.

12 Team Non-PPR draft with bonus points for long TDs otherwise standard scoring. Would you draft CJ or Rice wih the #2 pick assuming AP goes first?

Depends, in any regular situation I would take CJ hands down for ability to have big plays, but if you have tough schedule to start off with you may want to consider Rice. I say this because it will take CJ a few weeks to get in actual game shape, no matter how good of shape he may be in it's not the same as getting hit every day. Good luck enjoy the draft!

12 team ppr

qb - stafford

wr - nicks, m. wallace, welker, l. moore, shipley

rb - mcfadden, bush, fred jackson, j snelling, hardesty

te - j grahm

k - carpenter

d - houston

start 1 qb, 3wr, 2rb, 1te, 1k, 1 def.

6pt td. .5 ppr

10 team league with 1. per reception. I have the third pic overall. It looks like Chris johnson will now go number 1 and the number to pick likes ray rice. So that leaves me foster peterson and charles.

Who is the best pick at number 3. Foster may be be out 3 weeks. Do I gamble with him and take 2 more running backs with my next to picks... or jake peterson or charles. Why oh why do I have this dilema. If it helps...your top 5rbs for ppr.

thx

AP is the safest play by far, I truly believe that McNabb will open the short routes for AP and AP is nearly impossible to take down in the back field. However, Charles is my pick for top player of the year, I think with an aging Jones taking less of a role in the offense that puts Charles in line to gain more of a workload. I hope the info helps and good luck.

The first possible trade of the season. Here are the teams.

Team 1

Greg Jennings

Sanantonio Holmes

Lance Moore

Maclom Floyd

Bradshaw

Forte

Ray Rice

My team

Marshall

Welker

Colston

Steve Johnson

Maclin

Foster

Shonn Greene

Best

Ryan Mathews

I want to get Rice and he would like to upgrade his WR. We play 2WR 2RB 1RB/WR standard scoring nonPPR. He has offered me Ray Rice for Marshall or Johnson and Greene. I would like to make it either Best or Mathews instead of Greene but I may have to go with Greene included. Do you think this is a fair trade that the league would go for? Is it a solid trade for me to make or am I getting rid of my top WR? Please let me know and I will answer yours.

Thanks

Give up Johnson and Greene and have a nice tall mixed drink with a smile. I think people are really jumping on the Steve Johnson band wagon too quickly I think it's practically giving up a #3 WR and a #2 RB for a #1 RB I do that in a heartbeat. I hope this helps man.

12 team ppr

qb - stafford

wr - nicks, m. wallace, welker, l. moore, shipley

rb - mcfadden, bush, fred jackson, j snelling, hardesty

te - j grahm

k - carpenter

d - houston

start 1 qb, 3wr, 2rb, 1te, 1k, 1 def.

6pt td. .5 ppr

Are you asking who to start? If so I go Nicks, Wallace and Welker at WR, and McFadden and Bush (if that's Reggie) at RB. Good luck let me know if I didn't answer your question.

Are you asking who to start? If so I go Nicks, Wallace and Welker at WR, and McFadden and Bush (if that's Reggie) at RB. Good luck let me know if I didn't answer your question.

i was asking to rate my team

i was asking to rate my team

Eh I'm thinking C- to C. Not really a stand out anywhere I would think with your RBs as weak as they are you would have gotten a little stronger at QB or TE. WRs are decent and may consider trying to trade one of your star WR with Reggie to try and get star back or good TE and QB. Good luck on building your team.

Finished a draft for one of my leagues Non-PPR... QB RB RB WR WR WR WR/RB TE. Thoughts/Rating?

1. Ray Rice (Bal - RB)

2. Peyton Hillis (Cle - RB)

3. Mike Wallace (Pit - WR)

5. Matt Ryan (Atl - QB)

6. Matthew Stafford (Det - QB)

7. Tim Hightower (Was - RB)

8. Malcom Floyd (SD - WR)

10. Plaxico Burress (NYJ - WR)

11. Jared Cook (Ten - TE)

12. Lance Kendricks (StL - TE)

13. Ben Tate (Hou - RB)

14. Arizona (Ari - DEF)

15. Josh Brown (StL - K)

Finished a draft for one of my leagues Non-PPR... QB RB RB WR WR WR WR/RB TE. Thoughts/Rating?

1. Ray Rice (Bal - RB)

2. Peyton Hillis (Cle - RB)

3. Mike Wallace (Pit - WR)

5. Matt Ryan (Atl - QB)

6. Matthew Stafford (Det - QB)

7. Tim Hightower (Was - RB)

8. Malcom Floyd (SD - WR)

10. Plaxico Burress (NYJ - WR)

11. Jared Cook (Ten - TE)

12. Lance Kendricks (StL - TE)

13. Ben Tate (Hou - RB)

14. Arizona (Ari - DEF)

15. Josh Brown (StL - K)

Not bad I really like getting Tate in the 13th esp with the news of Foster getting worse. Who you think you'll go with #3 WR Floyd or Burress? I think Burress has a real chance to be big but I also think he could be Braylon Edwards all over again. Not Big on your TEs but hopefully one sleeper will pop up that you can get later off waiver wire. Good luck!

Fine. See Mine

Basically, other than a rating, I've been offered Vick (him) for Stafford (Mine). No-brainer to accept, right? Granted, I have a little bit of trepidation because I'm in Detroit, and have loved what I've seen of Stafford when he plays.

Fine. See Mine

Basically, other than a rating, I've been offered Vick (him) for Stafford (Mine). No-brainer to accept, right? Granted, I have a little bit of trepidation because I'm in Detroit, and have loved what I've seen of Stafford when he plays.

Yeah I think I do this before the guy realizes he has made a mistake. Though Vick will be injured and not play every game this season you have a strong backup in Joe Flacco. I also really like your team and depth for a 14 team league, I really think Steve Breston will be a pleasent surprise for you. Good luck on your season!