Sign in to follow this  
mark32esu

Mark Ingram

12 team big money league, a guy in my league took Ingram w/ the 9th pick. He isn't a noob he's been in my league all 7 years I've had it. Needless to say he was heckled like crazy, it was pretty funny.

and if Ingram gets 1200/10 will you hail him as a fantasy god?? After the top RBs they are all basically a crap shoot IMO.

Moreno/Lynch/Benson/Mathews/Bradshaw/Felix/McFadden/SJax/Best

They a can be #1 or #3 RBs so Ingram may be right there

He went at the end of the 2nd round in our 12 teamer draft last night. Was off the board before Gore, Blount, Bradshaw, Best, Forte, and Greene.

and if Ingram gets 1200/10 will you hail him as a fantasy god?? After the top RBs they are all basically a crap shoot IMO.

Moreno/Lynch/Benson/Mathews/Bradshaw/Felix/McFadden/SJax/Best

They a can be #1 or #3 RBs so Ingram may be right there

I really don't see how you can lump McFadden in with them but either way, the point is he could have gotten the same player at least 11 picks later.

and if Ingram gets 1200/10 will you hail him as a fantasy god??

No, 1200 and 10 is 3rd round production at best. You can get a WR in the 2nd that will top those numbers.

Way too early, the earliest I have seen him go is like 4th round (10 team), in the 4 drafts I have done.

Yeah its a crap shoot, but someone with NFL games under his belt, touchdowns, yardage, and has looked the part, and is a starter, verse someone that is going to be in maybe a 3 RB RBBC situation and has ZERO real game carries.

I am known for taking chances, getting rookies and such, did it less this year, R. Mathews bit me hard last year...I went back to later round sleepers, people being taken on hype in round 1-6 are not worth it imo...I lost out on Julio Jones twice in the 7th, by the same guy that picked before me, but I had to stick to being smart. I think hes going to have a big year, but I couldn't pass up a player that may have a little less of a year IF he blows up, on that hope...I had to wait till blow up stats would be decently better than what was left to choose from.

Chances are, you guys will probably be laughing at this guy next year, and he will be taking heat for it....It happens. Been playing for over 20 years, and last year was my worst teams ever...Temper the hype, and be smart.

Randy Moss was the last very early player to meet and beat the hype, we all laughed at the guy some, but we all wanted him too...Just not in early round 2...It ended up being a good pick...Usually it doesn't, and can kill your season....not worth it.

No, 1200 and 10 is 3rd round production at best.

That would have been 11th in yardage and 9th in TDs among RBs last season, and 7th in yardage and 7th in TDs among WRs last season. So that would be late second round production at worst.

In my league he went above MJD as well as Gore and that tier of RBs. I thought it was a risky pick, but obviously we don't actually know until the season is played.

That would have been 11th in yardage and 9th in TDs among RBs last season, and 7th in yardage and 7th in TDs among WRs last season. So that would be late second round production at worst.

I took the OP to mean 1200 total yards and 10 TDs. Even if it didn't, he'll get virtually no 3rd down work which means that backs who were behind him in rushing categories are ahead of him when viewing it from a total fantasy points perspective which is all that matters here.

Last season Arian Foster went on the turn in my 12 team league (13th overall). He probably should have been drafted in the top 5. Either way, the guy that drafted him at 13 was a genius. This guy obviously believes that Ingram has a legit chance to put up #1 RB numbers. If he where drafting Tim Hightower that high I would raise an eyebrow. But not a heisman trophy winning RB on one of the most explosive offenses in the NFL that actually wants to run the ball more.....and hasnt looked too shabby in the preseason.

With all that being said....he could have had him in round 2 easy.

Last season Arian Foster went on the turn in my 12 team league (13th overall). He probably should have been drafted in the top 5. Either way, the guy that drafted him at 13 was a genius. This guy obviously believes that Ingram has a legit chance to put up #1 RB numbers. If he where drafting Tim Hightower that high I would raise an eyebrow. But not a heisman trophy winning RB on one of the most explosive offenses in the NFL that actually wants to run the ball more.....and hasnt looked too shabby in the preseason.

With all that being said....he could have had him in round 2 easy.

Bad logic; just because a bad decision works out does not make it a good decision. He could have still had Foster in the 3rd and another top 15 RB.

I got him in the 7th round in my big money league. It is all about value. Obviously, most drafts he won't last that long, but did for whatever reason.

Bad logic; just because a bad decision works out does not make it a good decision. He could have still had Foster in the 3rd and another top 15 RB.

No it wasnt and no he couldnt....just sayn.

If he's an experienced owner he obviously believed that someone else in his league was as high on Ingram as he was.

Regardless, first round is way too high. If someone wants to overdraft him, then let them. Rookie RB and sharing time, way too much risk to take in the first. It was a bad pick, period.