Sign in to follow this  
ricanrockers

Question for Michael Vick owners...

Who's your backup QB?

I know a few weeks ago, someone was saying they had Stafford as Vick's backup and wanted to trade him to improve other areas. Stafford is not a bad backup to have especially when Vick may miss 3 weeks.

I am in a 12 team league so a guy like Fitzpatrick is not readily available. I had drafted Cassel and recently dropped him for Hassselbeck who is performing ok. My only other options I could pick up would be Grossman, Dalton, Smith, Collins, Gabbert. Not looking good. I am lucky I got Vick in the early second after I chose DMC as my first rounder. Also drafted Jennings, Ryan Mathews, Wes Welker, and Witten so my team has survived fine so far (3-0).

Yesterday I was reflecting back on choosing Vick and wishing I had just used some common sense and if I really needed to go QB why didn't I just go for Brady or Brees? Ahhhhhh :wall: At the time I felt Vick was still available and just too good to pass up on.

I am in a 12 team league so a guy like Fitzpatrick is not readily available. I had drafted Cassel and recently dropped him for Hassselbeck who is performing ok. My only other options I could pick up would be Grossman, Dalton, Smith, Collins, Gabbert. Not looking good. I am lucky I got Vick in the early second after I chose DMC as my first rounder. Also drafted Jennings, Ryan Mathews, Wes Welker, and Witten so my team has survived fine so far (3-0).

Yesterday I was reflecting back on choosing Vick and wishing I had just used some common sense and if I really needed to go QB why didn't I just go for Brady or Brees? Ahhhhhh :wall: At the time I felt Vick was still available and just too good to pass up on.

Everyone that drafted him has this remorse. IT's the same thing every year. Why did I take CJ when I could have had rice. Why'd I take foster, could have got DMC. THe list goes on and on and on and on. Why'd I take gates in the 3rd when I could have had gronk in the 10th.

My true remorse in taking vick is not that he's not performing at a super high level, its that the league, overnight, turned into a '40 passes a game' league! Everyone is throwing the crap out of the ball. So you get guys like fitz and Cam throwing up 30 pts/game, pretty much makes spending a 1st rounder on Vick a waste. However, 1 think that you should take some solace in is this. You could have, instead, ended up with a Mendy or one of many 1st round RBs that are busting hard. Sure the optimal scenario is to have avoided Vick, and drafted brady a round later, and also ended up with 2 stud RBs, but not everyone will have executed that gameplan perfectly...

TO answer your question, I've got Cam as backup in 1 league, and Freeman in the other. I decided to keep it all black at the qb spot. Not too happy about the Freeman choice, but I'll happily roll Cam out there if Vick is down for a few weeks...

Well you guys may get a BREAK with his hand not broken... :music_guitarred:

Everyone that drafted him has this remorse. IT's the same thing every year. Why did I take CJ when I could have had rice. Why'd I take foster, could have got DMC. THe list goes on and on and on and on. Why'd I take gates in the 3rd when I could have had gronk in the 10th.

My true remorse in taking vick is not that he's not performing at a super high level, its that the league, overnight, turned into a '40 passes a game' league! Everyone is throwing the crap out of the ball. So you get guys like fitz and Cam throwing up 30 pts/game, pretty much makes spending a 1st rounder on Vick a waste. However, 1 think that you should take some solace in is this. You could have, instead, ended up with a Mendy or one of many 1st round RBs that are busting hard. Sure the optimal scenario is to have avoided Vick, and drafted brady a round later, and also ended up with 2 stud RBs, but not everyone will have executed that gameplan perfectly...

TO answer your question, I've got Cam as backup in 1 league, and Freeman in the other. I decided to keep it all black at the qb spot. Not too happy about the Freeman choice, but I'll happily roll Cam out there if Vick is down for a few weeks...

SPOT on my friend..SPOT ON!!!