Sign in to follow this  
pingpong

Child dilemma - Lego theif

And I bet I still wouldn't get enough of those 4-prongers. :wall:

Exactly....all mine would be those flimsy thin rectangle ones that are worthless. :thumbsdown:

I hope he didn't get himself killeded. I want to know the outcome of this very tricky situation.

I wonder if he just bust on in and accused the minority parents of a minority child of robbery or not.

He should put a new set in the backyard with a box being held up by a stick. When the little sh1t goes in there, just pull a string and leave the kid in the box.

:ninja:

In a strange series of events, that did not involve donkey punches or the woodshed, the case of the missing legos has been cracked. Here is how it went down.

5:30 – Suspect’s mother knocks on our door asking if we have seen 7 year old suspect. He never came home from the bus 2 hours ago. In the process of the conversation, non-distraught mother admires our house, asks about our situation, and takes a cell phone call. Hardly the motherly reaction you would expect when your child is missing.

5:40- My 3 kids and their friends embark on a search and rescue missing to locate the suspect.

5:45- Suspect found at another child’s house. My kids return him to his house and alert the still not distraught mother.

6:00-Suspect arrives at my back door asking for my son (Lego victim) to come to his house to play ‘tag’.

6:05- Wife makes innocent comment to suspect:

W-So Suspect(name changed to protect child), Do you know anything about our son’s legos…

Suspect – You mean the missing ones?

W – Well, yes. How did you know they were missing?

Suspect – Well, I came to you house the other day looking for your son, and looked through the window (6 feet off the ground with an AC unit) and noticed that the big lego castle was gone.

W- Yes, that is the one

Suspect – I don’t know what happened to them

6:10- Suspect and Son leave to play tag

6:20-Son returns home full of tears inconsolable. All my wife can get out is ‘legos’. Apparently my son pieced together evidence that convinced him that Suspect was indeed guilty.

6:25 – Suspect knocks on back door looking for son to play.

6:27- Mom arrives at front door with 2 big bags full of legos. Mom proceeds to give boy verbal lashing. Boy claims that he did indeed take the legos from the front porch but did not enter house. He says that they were in trash bags, and he thought we were throwing them away. Mom figures out that the legos were indeed in the house, on the living room table, and in son’s bedroom and starts screaming at suspect. Mom references that ‘these people even looked for you while you were missing’. Suspect gets defiant and denies everything. Mom screams to get off the porch and get in the car. Suspect refuses and shows no signs of remorse. Victim now breaks down crying because he is afraid of screaming mom, and defiant son, and feels bad for suspect for getting yelled at.

6:35- Mom and suspect depart and leave bags of disassembled legos. Son continues to cry at everything. Starts feeling betrayed and hurt that his ‘friend’ would steal from him. Upset that his creations are reduced to parts.

CASE CLOSED!

Outstanding questions:

What happened at suspect’s house that clued son in to guilt?

Would Mom have returned the legos had the suspect not gone missing and we found him?

Where did the other bags of legos in the suspects room (seen by son on earlier visit) come from?

Should suspect ever be allowed to set foot in our house again?

In a strange series of events, that did not involve donkey punches or the woodshed, the case of the missing legos has been cracked. Here is how it went down.

5:30 – Suspect’s mother knocks on our door asking if we have seen 7 year old suspect. He never came home from the bus 2 hours ago. In the process of the conversation, non-distraught mother admires our house, asks about our situation, and takes a cell phone call. Hardly the motherly reaction you would expect when your child is missing.

5:40- My 3 kids and their friends embark on a search and rescue missing to locate the suspect.

5:45- Suspect found at another child’s house. My kids return him to his house and alert the still not distraught mother.

6:00-Suspect arrives at my back door asking for my son (Lego victim) to come to his house to play ‘tag’.

6:05- Wife makes innocent comment to suspect:

W-So Suspect(name changed to protect child), Do you know anything about our son’s legos…

Suspect – You mean the missing ones?

W – Well, yes. How did you know they were missing?

Suspect – Well, I came to you house the other day looking for your son, and looked through the window (6 feet off the ground with an AC unit) and noticed that the big lego castle was gone.

W- Yes, that is the one

Suspect – I don’t know what happened to them

6:10- Suspect and Son leave to play tag

6:20-Son returns home full of tears inconsolable. All my wife can get out is ‘legos’. Apparently my son pieced together evidence that convinced him that Suspect was indeed guilty.

6:25 – Suspect knocks on back door looking for son to play.

6:27- Mom arrives at front door with 2 big bags full of legos. Mom proceeds to give boy verbal lashing. Boy claims that he did indeed take the legos from the front porch but did not enter house. He says that they were in trash bags, and he thought we were throwing them away. Mom figures out that the legos were indeed in the house, on the living room table, and in son’s bedroom and starts screaming at suspect. Mom references that ‘these people even looked for you while you were missing’. Suspect gets defiant and denies everything. Mom screams to get off the porch and get in the car. Suspect refuses and shows no signs of remorse. Victim now breaks down crying because he is afraid of screaming mom, and defiant son, and feels bad for suspect for getting yelled at.

6:35- Mom and suspect depart and leave bags of disassembled legos. Son continues to cry at everything. Starts feeling betrayed and hurt that his ‘friend’ would steal from him. Upset that his creations are reduced to parts.

CASE CLOSED!

Outstanding questions:

What happened at suspect’s house that clued son in to guilt?

Would Mom have returned the legos had the suspect not gone missing and we found him?

Where did the other bags of legos in the suspects room (seen by son on earlier visit) come from?

Should suspect ever be allowed to set foot in our house again?

so mom actually came through... sort of.

your son saw the legos

yes

someone elses house

he is a kid, you give him another chance

I acree the we give suspect another chance. I actually like the kid and he was very respectful to me. My son vows to never play with him again. Betrayal sucks. Every day we see the boy wandering and looking to play. Mom rarely pays attention. I'm sure she will not try to to return all of the other stolen legos.

Tell your son to ask him to play hide and seek, when Lego thief hides, case the joint for other stuff he stole