Sign in to follow this  
Matt Mueller

Stafford owners without a backup:

Trying to think ahead for week 9.

If you don't own a back up, what is your waiver wire play for week 9?

Some waiver options in my league:

McCoy @ Houston

Painter vs Atlanta

Dalton @ Tenn

Cassel vs Miami

Smith @ Washington

Kolb vs St. Louis

Anyone of these options stand out to people? Maybe Painter.

McCoy @ Houston

Painter vs Atlanta

Dalton @ Tenn

Cassel vs Miami

Smith @ Washington

Kolb vs St. Louis

cross that bridge when we get there.

cross that bridge when we get there.

Yeah....but we are only 2 weeks away and the byes are happening so many owners have the same philosphy.

IMO, better to grab someone you like now if you have the chance then watch them blow up this week or next and then you won't be able to land them.

Personally I grabbed Painter.

I just made a trade and now have Kolb behind him.. and like the Rams matchup Week 9. That said, Bradford was dropped, so just overall, i'm looking to add him with his schedule & the Lloyd & Clayon coming on line.

But I plan to have Painter as a backup pick, in case Bradford gets scooped up. ATLs pass D is nothing great (will they have Abraham back by then, i don't know)? But I like him for upside (possible long shots to Garcon & Wayne.. and Turner looking like crap for ATL.. so they'll have their chances with the ball).

So from that list, I like those two (Kolb & Painter).. i.e. when in doubt with evenly cr*ppy options, I go with the most forgiving matchups and the team with the upside WRs.

Yeah....but we are only 2 weeks away and the byes are happening so many owners have the same philosphy.

IMO, better to grab someone you like now if you have the chance then watch them blow up this week or next and then you won't be able to land them.

Personally I grabbed Painter.

Or when they're done filling their bye weeks they drop someone and give you another option.

I've had Painter for a couple weeks now, I feel he will cover well enough against Atlnta....

I'm starting Stafford this week, but he's not my starter. I'll be starting Vick in week 9, providing he's still healthy.

Nice duo! Just curious how's your squad doing? The owner with the same combo is 2-4 in my 12 team auction league.

Kolb or Cassel are the two that stick out. Both at home and playing soft secondaries with obvious go-to guys.

Kolb or Cassel are the two that stick out. Both at home and playing soft secondaries with obvious go-to guys.

True but both teams might want to establish the run too. I like Painter and Tebow a bit better. Who knows at this point though.

I'm starting Stafford this week, but he's not my starter. I'll be starting Vick in week 9, providing he's still healthy.

I'd assume that one of 'em is gonna get shopped after this week with intent to strengthen the 'ol starting lineup? Would be awesome if there was need there.

That said, i'm not sure which guy i'd want to keep of those two.

McCoy @ Houston

Painter vs Atlanta

Dalton @ Tenn

Cassel vs Miami

Smith @ Washington

Kolb vs St. Louis

Cassel looks like best option,however I would see how he does next two games against Oak and SD. Kolb has two big test back to back with Pitts and Balt up next.If he looks good against those two defenses,I would consider him,however going by what he has done thus far I don't see him being a good option. Good luck.

Nice duo! Just curious how's your squad doing? The owner with the same combo is 2-4 in my 12 team auction league.

I'm 2-4 , 10 team action. I'm still planning and expecting to win the championship too. :doublethumbsup:

I'd assume that one of 'em is gonna get shopped after this week with intent to strengthen the 'ol starting lineup? Would be awesome if there was need there.

That said, i'm not sure which guy i'd want to keep of those two.

Well, last year, they were both injured. That's the main reason I drafted both. If one goes down via injury, I won't get killed at the QB position. I did learn about Stafford being competent because of the posts here at FFToday PRIOR to the season. So, I feel there are lots of well informed football people at this site.

I had Bradford as his backup but when Big Ben was dropped, I scooped him up quickly.

I'm 2-4 , 10 team action. I'm still planning and expecting to win the championship too. :doublethumbsup:

Break a leg! :)

In my experience, it's really difficult to get guys to trade in 10 team leagues. Eveyone is generally solid eveywhere.. there's just not a lot of opportunity. You do have two, top 5 Qbs though.. but convincing a guy with a Romo, Rivers, Eli, Ben.. who's getting by fine, that he should take one of yours back for a good player is a PITA.

I am prob going to roll with Palmer, I think he will come out and have a strong week having plenty of time to get ready for the Broncos.

I have room for 1 not 2 backups and I wish there was certainty that he plays or not. Hill is available and I would roll with him but who knows until game time. Then...if Stafford starts and gets dinged in the first quarter...we're focked. A Smith, Ponder, Dalton and T Jackson are available in my league.

I've got Stafford/Hill/Tebow in one league and I don't love it.

I agree that we could get focked with Stafford starting, getting dinged and then having Hill finish the game. Here's hoping that Stafford reports in at near 100% or that Hill gets the nod.

I don't yet trust Tebow after 57 minutes of that Miami game...

I'd go Tebow if I were you. At home playing a Detroit team that seems lost right now. Could be a good play. Some dude just dropped Hass and Kolb so think I'll roll the dice on Hass playing the Colts at home. Speaking of a team that looks lost!

You might need a week 8 fill-in for Stafford...he is still listed as questionable.

Possible but right now all signs point to him starting.

'Matthew Stafford (ankle) is listed as questionable for Week 8, but returned to a full practice Friday.

We've seen nothing that suggests Stafford will be hobbled against the Broncos, so fantasy owners should have Stafford in their Week 8 lineups. "Matthew Stafford does look like he's going to be able to start," confirmed ESPN's John Clayton on NFL Live Friday. Denver has struggled in pass coverage this season and Stafford has at least two TD passes in 6-of-7 starts'

picked up Ponder in case Staff can't go tomorrow. Have Kolb for week 9

I'd pick up Hill if he is still available. I bet it's the AP show in Carolina.

* Report: Stafford will start Sunday

According to ESPN, Lions QB Matthew Stafford will start Week

8 at Denver. He's officially listed as questionable and is

considered a game-time decision because of an ankle injury

that limited him in practice this week.

Ok the time is here.

I've got Sanchez lined up to go @ Buffalo and Tebow @ Oakland, with a claim in for Cassell vs Miami.

I don't trust Tebow to hit the broad side of a barn, much less start for the Mullmaniacs.

Ok the time is here.

I've got Sanchez lined up to go @ Buffalo and Tebow @ Oakland, with a claim in for Cassell vs Miami.

I don't trust Tebow to hit the broad side of a barn, much less start for the Mullmaniacs.

I dont really trust sanchez and they have been goin ground n pound. Im leanin towards cassel. Hes got bowe breaston baldwin and mccluster against a soft pass d at arrowhead

I dont really trust sanchez and they have been goin ground n pound. Im leanin towards cassel. Hes got bowe breaston baldwin and mccluster against a soft pass d at arrowhead

I don't love the matchup with Buffalo on the road but have you looked at Sanchez'z PPG numbers? Especially outside of the Baltimore game? Dude is getting it done.

I like ponder, I also think he will get you a couple points from running the ball. So sad i like him over matt ryan

I like ponder, I also think he will get you a couple points from running the ball. So sad i like him over matt ryan

Banking on those treadmill points?