Sign in to follow this  
JoeBoxers43

Torain vs Helu

I thinkk Torain will start and I'm starting him in two leagues, but I start Torain every week and he's not getting enough carries. Who knows what happens next week.

Helu is a good guy to pick up right now. Torain will either suck or get injured, at which point Helu is pretty much the only game in town.

I haven't actually seen Helu play though so I don't know if he is actually any good. Any Redskins homers care to chime in?

we get $200 to spend on free agents for the year....i stepped up and spent $32 for him...i am hoping he will be the man before its over. he is my #4 RB

Helu is a good guy to pick up right now. Torain will either suck or get injured, at which point Helu is pretty much the only game in town.

I haven't actually seen Helu play though so I don't know if he is actually any good. Any Redskins homers care to chime in?

Redskins homer here....Helu has shown flashes. The problem is the scope of work is so limited, it's hard to get a good feel for the guy. From what I've seen, I think he could be a good back in the NFL. He is also involved in the passing game, which is a plus.

Definetly pick him up if available and especially if you are hurting at the RB position. The skins are playing the bills this week, and Helu could easily have 15 touches and break out.

I may be wrong but I'm hearing Helu is already better than Torain at pass blocking, blitz pickup, and recieving out of the backfield. What people also need to remember is that he is no scat back. He brings it at about 220 lbs and has a 40 time in the low 4.40s. It'd be nice to see what he could do with a full load over an entire game and whether he can handle it.

Christ, how many of these threads do we need each week?

Torain is worthless in any passing situation. Unreliable receiver and horrible at pass protection. He'll get early down carries until they're forced to throw to catch up, which should take about a half vs Buffalo. Then it'll be a heavy dose of Helu.

Christ, how many of these threads do we need each week?

Torain is worthless in any passing situation. Unreliable receiver and horrible at pass protection. He'll get early down carries until they're forced to throw to catch up, which should take about a half vs Buffalo. Then it'll be a heavy dose of Helu.

Torain has twice as many receptions as Helu.

Torain has twice as many receptions as Helu.

Helu's a rook who got virtually no snaps the first few weeks of the season. Yet, on passing downs the last few weeks, he's on the field, not Torain. Why? Because there's more to being part of the passing game than catching the ball.

The Skins can run their entire offensive package with Helu or Hightower (pre-IR) on the field. They can't with Torain out there because of his awful pass protection and blitz pickups.

I have both, meaning that whichever one I play, the other is sure to go off.

:cheers:

I don't own either, but my team should be named "The Wrong Choice"