Sign in to follow this  
tecklc2112

Roy Helu on the fantasy trade market...

Has anyone dealt him yet in a PPR? I am set at RB & weak at WR (L. Moore is my #2), so I dealt Helu for Jordy Nelson. Not a bad return for a guy who only has 1 decent performance under his belt.

Anyone else get anything for him yet?

No, but I'd be selling right away, if I had him. Anyone who expects a repeat performance or any sort of consistency from the rats RB's gets what they deserve (in most cases a fantasy loss). SELL.

No, but I'd be selling right away, if I had him. Anyone who expects a repeat performance or any sort of consistency from the rats RB's gets what they deserve (in most cases a fantasy loss). SELL.

The rat ###### me. I started him vs buffalo-good matchup then dropped him before the sf game-bad matchup.

So tough to get any read on what's gonna happen.

I agree, and that is why I sold him right away. Anyone else sell him yet? If so, what did you get?

I have an agreement in place with the #1 WW holder to trade Tebow for Helu after he picks him up. I've been searching for that good flex player all year, hopefully it's Helu.

I have an agreement in place with the #1 WW holder to trade Tebow for Helu after he picks him up. I've been searching for that good flex player all year, hopefully it's Helu.

Looks like a solid return for Tebow (considering Tebow's value was in the tank last week).

I think you'll regret this decision. You can get more value for Tebow imo. Just my .02.

Normally, I'd agree with you. I've never owned a Shanaback in my life. But I have a feeling this Helu kid is going to break the mold. It looks to me like Torain is done. And I just refuse to believe that Tashard Choice was brought in to start. He just doesn't have the kind of raw ability that Helu does. Helu's got some tough matchups coming up but the playoff schedule looks real nice. If I had space, I'd stash him to see what happens. I wouldn't trade him because his upside is much higher than whatever you could get for him. Every year there's a back that comes out of nowhere and ends up winning a title for someone. In 2009 it was Jerome Harrison. In 2010 it was LaGarette Blount. I think that back this year could be Helu. Will see what the Shanaplan is, but if he has half a brain he'll ride Helu.

Helu is a top 5 back from here on out. Helu finally showed what he can do when he gets the start. Hightower is gone, Torain is benched, Choice has yet to make an appearance. If Helu can get you 150 combined yards against the best defense in the NFL, he should really go off against Miami. I'm buying all the way.

I like this kid a lot. Like was said before 150 against the niners is no small task. The fumble this week doesn't help, but if he finds himself in the circle of trust with Shanny, he is legit. He certainly is much prettier running than Torain.

Remember Shanny shuffle's backs, but within a week he sticks with one back. And when he trusts that back he doesn't do the committee thing, and those backs perform. Helu is a huge kid with elite speed in a RB friendly blocking system. If he gets the touches his ceiling is as good, if not better than say someone like Murray. I have a chance to move Dmac for Helu/Steve Smith. I may pull the trigger.

I was very high on this kid earlier this year, but I will temper that now by saying Washington has huge problems on that offensive line with two guys already out and a third going down last Sunday.

Helu is a top 5 back from here on out. Helu finally showed what he can do when he gets the start. Hightower is gone, Torain is benched, Choice has yet to make an appearance. If Helu can get you 150 combined yards against the best defense in the NFL, he should really go off against Miami. I'm buying all the way.

This.

I like this kid a lot. Like was said before 150 against the niners is no small task. The fumble this week doesn't help, but if he finds himself in the circle of trust with Shanny, he is legit. He certainly is much prettier running than Torain.

Remember Shanny shuffle's backs, but within a week he sticks with one back. And when he trusts that back he doesn't do the committee thing, and those backs perform. Helu is a huge kid with elite speed in a RB friendly blocking system. If he gets the touches his ceiling is as good, if not better than say someone like Murray. I have a chance to move Dmac for Helu/Steve Smith. I may pull the trigger.

And this.

I think you'll regret this decision. You can get more value for Tebow imo. Just my .02.

Agreed! this is not enough for Tebow right now..Helu will drive you crazy for the next 5ish weeks..IMO

Again, this discussion of Helu's talent level is moot considering the Chinese fire drill going on up front with the Redskins offensive line. The entire left side of LG Kory Lichtensteiger and LT Trent Williams has been out, and they lost Pro Bowler RT Jammal Brown to a groin injury last week. Some people fail to realize the impact of injuries to the offensive line, like all that's being talked about injury-wise with the Skins was losing Santana Moss and Fred Davis' ankle injury.

You take away three starting offensive linemen off any team, and those running backs come back to earth real quick.

If Beck loses the starting job, so does Helu's value, I'm thinking . Beck was Capt. Checkdown last week, which is how Helu got all those catches .

Helu got all those "checkdowns" because it was in the gameplan. With the 49ers stout run defense, it would have been stupid to keep smashing runs in between the tackles. So, the coaching staff did a good job of game planning short throws and screens to get an elusive back out into space and make someone miss. Not really so much Beck checking down as it was a product of a good game plan. 150 scrimmage yards against the 49ers has me excited about this kid.

Helu got all those "checkdowns" because it was in the gameplan. With the 49ers stout run defense, it would have been stupid to keep smashing runs in between the tackles. So, the coaching staff did a good job of game planning short throws and screens to get an elusive back out into space and make someone miss. Not really so much Beck checking down as it was a product of a good game plan. 150 scrimmage yards against the 49ers has me excited about this kid.

Did you even watch the game? If you did, I guess you think the game plan was to fall behind 13 points and play the hurry up for most of the 2nd half. If you didn't, you really shouldn't be commenting on the game plan. :rolleyes:

Here's the box score, Jared. Helu had a 15 yard carry on his first touch. He had another 11 yard carry at the start of the 2nd. His other 8 carries netted a total of 15 yards. He caught 9 of the 14 balls when Washington was down 16-3 at the end of the 3rd... into the 4th.

Helu is a pretty good one cut runner, with good hands and decent vision. He's a decent utility back, but FAR from a top 5 RB... like someone earlier suggested. Add Shanahan into the equation and he is not somebody I'd invest heavily into! Luckily Washington and Beck suck, so he might have more garbage time opportunities in the future. That's about the ceiling with Helu.

I've been wrong before though. :cheers:

Helu is a pretty good one cut runner, with good hands and decent vision. He's a decent utility back, but FAR from a top 5 RB... like someone earlier suggested. Add Shanahan into the equation and he is not somebody I'd invest heavily into! Luckily Washington and Beck suck, so he might have more garbage time opportunities in the future. That's about the ceiling with Helu.

If you add 4.37 speed on a 6ft 220 lb frame to your scouting report I'd swear he had the potential to be more than a "utility" back. But I'm looking at him in a future sense, as he's a 2012 keeper for me. Of course, he'll have the missing 3/5ths of his offensive line back next season, plus hopefully a real NFL QB as John Beck is killing his value.

Did you even watch the game? If you did, I guess you think the game plan was to fall behind 13 points and play the hurry up for most of the 2nd half. If you didn't, you really shouldn't be commenting on the game plan. :rolleyes:

Here's the box score, Jared. Helu had a 15 yard carry on his first touch. He had another 11 yard carry at the start of the 2nd. His other 8 carries netted a total of 15 yards. He caught 9 of the 14 balls when Washington was down 16-3 at the end of the 3rd... into the 4th.

I never commented on him being a top 5 back...and yes, I did watch the game, and the game plan was to get the kid out in the open with screens, dumps offs, and swing passes. Not too far fetched since the 49ers are strong up front. I think he is a solid one cut back and will fit well within the scheme in Washington...they just had a different plan against the 49ers. And I love how posters tell other posters their opinions are wrong. :thumbsdown:

Must of got this "game plan" from the Eagles when they only ran McCoy 9 times, and passed it to him 6 times...oh by the way, the Eagles were up 20-3 at half....just saying. <_<

I never commented on him being a top 5 back...and yes, I did watch the game, and the game plan was to get the kid out in the open with screens, dumps offs, and swing passes. Not too far fetched since the 49ers are strong up front. I think he is a solid one cut back and will fit well within the scheme in Washington...they just had a different plan against the 49ers. And I love how posters tell other posters their opinions are wrong. :thumbsdown:

If that was the game plan, why did they start using it with 3 minutes left in the 3rd qtr? Seriously man. I want to know the game plan, as you saw it.

You're wrong because I gave you actual box score statistics to back my argument. My opinion has nothing to do with it. 2+2=4 because 2+2=4.

Yup...9 targets before half time...you are right...didn't start passing to him till almost the fourth quarter...seriously? Look at the play by play before you start your argument...but who cares...fact of the matter is they game planned to get him in the open...I doubt it was planned to give him 17 targets.

I drafted THT & he was great the first 3-4 wks. I dunno if Helu can keep it up or not but I do believe it his gig at least for now. After Rice & McGahee, I have garbage. Helu at least offers some upside, especially in a PPR. I had room on my team so why not take a flier?

I drafted THT & he was great the first 3-4 wks. I dunno if Helu can keep it up or not but I do believe it his gig at least for now. After Rice & McGahee, I have garbage. Helu at least offers some upside, especially in a PPR. I had room on my team so why not take a flier?

I just got off the Shanahan roller coaster... only to get back on. I'm a retard. I know it, but Helu is the one... this time... pretty sure... maybe...

:cry:

Another factor is if Torain gets a sniff and gets hurt. Tashard Choice has not been the same runner he was two seasons ago, or even last season. He had a paltry 2.1 yds/carry average behind an offensive line that is making DeMarco Murray look like Eric Dickerson. I don't see Choice as anything but a Katie-bar-the-door option for the Rat.

A Torain injury would make Helu de facto #1, forcing the Rat to use him and game plan as such. In other words, it forces the Rat to behave like a normal coach with his RB's... The question is, what are the chances of Torain getting hurt?

Right.

Was offered Helu for my injured Jahvid Best. It's a tempting offer of unknowns but I'm considering it. At least Helu is healthy!

I would take that in a heartbeat...I'd say it's 50/50 whether or not Best plays again this season...

Was offered Helu for my injured Jahvid Best. It's a tempting offer of unknowns but I'm considering it. At least Helu is healthy!

Yeah, you gotta make that trade. I agree with the other guy. There's a very real chance that Best may not play again this year. I have a feeling the NFL may be the ones shutting him down. Besides, even if he returns, what's his snap count? It's a little risky because a healthy Best on a team like the Lions is a decent low RB2 play, but even if you look at his output in the six games when he was healthy he scored more than Helu just did only twice. The fantasy playoffs are in 4 weeks, I'd take the risk and go with a healthy starter.

After reading this post I turned down Mendenhall for helu. I haven't seen Mendy do much all year. Would you guys keep helu are trade him for mendy? maybe the Steelers figure out how to run come playoff time.

After reading this post I turned down Mendenhall for helu. I haven't seen Mendy do much all year. Would you guys keep helu are trade him for mendy? maybe the Steelers figure out how to run come playoff time.

I would hold onto Helu in your situation, especially in a PPR league.

When are you all going to learn? We're silverbacks for a reason... Toot toot.