Sign in to follow this  
snatchem

i benched michael bush in favor of CJ

There's not many RB's I would have benched this week over Bush knowing that Mcfaddedn was out, I know its easy to say that now but...we knew he was in line for at least 20 carries against a rather weak run D.

I'm in a hard-fought salary cap league with some friends. I had set my lineup on Tuesday, but last night, 20 minutes before kickoff, I was struck by a stupid idea masquerading as an inspiration. I quickly deleted M Bush from my entry and inserted VJax. I then looked on in horror as Bush put up 30 pts while Jackson notched a deuce. To compound the tragedy, I confided my error to one of these "friends," who responded with ridicule instead of the needed and expected empathy. I've been brooding all day about my misguided maneuver.

were you the one with

Gore, Mcgahee, Bush, CJ, Tolbert?

If so I just wanna say TOLD YOU SO! If not never bench Michael Bush if Mcfadden is out, hes a top 5 play, hes Michael Turner from about 4 yrs ago

were you the one with

Gore, Mcgahee, Bush, CJ, Tolbert?

If so I just wanna say TOLD YOU SO! If not never bench Michael Bush if Mcfadden is out, hes a top 5 play, hes Michael Turner from about 4 yrs ago

No that was me and i started Bush and Gore ...

I did too. And VJax over Nicks and Fitz. FML.

Ehh..I would have started Bush no question, I did over Blount, but Vjax was the start with Nicks questionable and Fitz facing the iggles.

You can't fault yourself for that one.

i loved bush this week i just didnt want to have cj on the bench in his which i think his break out game.... i thought bush would be what he did the last 2 games 120 and one TD. thought CJ could do even better, hope it doesnt bite me in the ass. If CJ get 20 25 points i wont feel so bad...my bigger bone head move was thinking DHB after being shut out would be the man and I played him as my #3 WR.....that stung big time.

man I almost went with CJ over Bush (just traded for cj last week and been itchin for this matchup). Glad I didn't but time will tell....cj could be in line for big numbers too...just doubt he'll get 30 carries like Bush did though.

I didn't think he would have that big of a night. I have Foster, McCoy and Murray so I did bench Bush and I regret it even with my other backs :(

There's something to be said for having too many options at a given position. If you're like me, I always seem to pick the wrong one. If you're trade deadline hasn't passed, I'd look to trade one of those guys and shore up another position...then again Foster hasn't had his bye yet.

I'm tempted to say trade Bush since his value CAN'T be any higher, and DMC probably back this next week or after. Just thinking out loud.

Wow. I guess people are figuring that CJ has a good matchup this week - which he does - but he had a fantastic matchup 2 weeks ago against the Colts and ran for a whopping 34 yards. This is just an example of overthinking it. Bush is a solid top-10 RB as long as DMC is out and CJ is not much more than a wild card at this point.