Sign in to follow this  
rrmcguire

is Stevie Johnson playing?

He's playing but Fitz is not even looking his way!

Hes on the field but isnt playing. Just like the whole Bills team - he started fairly hot but has cooled down IMMENSELY. Hes just one of 7 different guys that could catch the ball there. They just tried a deep ball to Jones or whoever. Incomplete. Why not throw it to your 100 catch guy from last year? Focking azzholes. Hes not double-covered either so I dont wnna hear about it.

Never starting Johnson again. Hes ruined it for himself. Fitspatrick sucks too.

Donald Jones seems to be Fitz favorite receiver!

Johnson sucks and can safely be CUT in any league with less than 20 teams. What a one hit wonder piece of steaming shiat crap.

Focking worthless.

At the last minute I put him in and took out gronkowski. Down 21-0 quick I thought I was set for garbage time. That move cost me the game

and possibly the playoffs.

Not to make you feel worse but were you high or drunk or both when you benched gronk for stevie?

I'm sure a visit to Revis Island and some cold winter games in Buffalo will solve everything.

Signed - why did I draft you?

Heck, you don't even need a Revis to cover this clown. He can't get open. He doesn't make plays. Fitz doesn't even look for him. It's a focking travesty. Another one hit wonder wide receiver. Just what the NFL doesn't need. Ugh!

RoadLizard...in your opinion, how many players in the NFL are actually good?

Its easy to figure: Just find the guys that score fantasy points on a regular basis without any BS injuries, personal problems, or complete disappearences. The stats dont lie. Guys that blow up twice, like Beanie and V-jax but then jerk you around the other games are focksticks. Guys that get ya something each week, like Jennings, Peterson, McCoy, etc, etc, THOSE are the good players.

This isnt hard to figure out.

Stevie Johnson sucks.

Its easy to figure: Just find the guys that score fantasy points on a regular basis without any BS injuries, personal problems, or complete disappearences. The stats dont lie. Guys that blow up twice, like Beanie and V-jax but then jerk you around the other games are focksticks. Guys that get ya something each week, like Jennings, Peterson, McCoy, etc, etc, THOSE are the good players.

This isnt hard to figure out.

Stevie Johnson sucks.

Okay, and how many of those guys are there? You named 3. "Etc Etc" is not a player. Between RB's and WR's, there's probably 8-10 guys in the league that fit that description, and anyone would be lucky to have 2 of them on their team. Your team isn't going to be filled with studs.

Okay, and how many of those guys are there? You named 3. "Etc Etc" is not a player. Between RB's and WR's, there's probably 8-10 guys in the league that fit that description, and anyone would be lucky to have 2 of them on their team. Your team isn't going to be filled with studs.

Willie Etcetera is a great WR. You know exactly what I mean. It's not just pure numbers. It's always having an injury problem. It's the feast or famine guys that kill us. There isn't anything wrong with a tier 2 or tier 3 player as long as you know what you are gonna get. Sure, you won't get lots of studs on one team but there ate plenty of the other tiered players can fill in nicely. The problem with a guy like Johnson is that the expectations are high and based off of last years stats you were counting on strong weekly production. He had a few decent games early but has fizzled quickly. There is nothing wrong a with a player that only gets a few points per week....provided you can more or less bank on that total. Ya know what ya got then.

IMO, consistently, or for non mathematically challenged, standard deviation is on the most important and often overlooked stats about a fantasy player.

Willie Etcetera is a great WR. You know exactly what I mean. It's not just pure numbers. It's always having an injury problem. It's the feast or famine guys that kill us. There isn't anything wrong with a tier 2 or tier 3 player as long as you know what you are gonna get. Sure, you won't get lots of studs on one team but there ate plenty of the other tiered players can fill in nicely. The problem with a guy like Johnson is that the expectations are high and based off of last years stats you were counting on strong weekly production. He had a few decent games early but has fizzled quickly. There is nothing wrong a with a player that only gets a few points per week....provided you can more or less bank on that total. Ya know what ya got then.

IMO, consistently, or for non mathematically challenged, standard deviation is on the most important and often overlooked stats about a fantasy player.

the thing i find odd about your posts is that i am succeeding with the very players you rant about. i have stevie johnson on 2 teams, mainly because he's a top talent without the household name so i found he tended to slip in drafts this year. he's a tweener wr2/3 for me and those teams are doing quite well. if i have a complaint, it's that i SHOULD have played him the week he went against revis - his 85 yards against revis would have gotten me a win, but i sat him - "revis island".

i have beanie in a dynasty league, and admittedly i've built that team to the point where i can sit beanie without much angst and i have tended to do so in recent weeks... however i'm quite happy to have him on that team.

so, it's quite possible to have these players and do just fine. like you said, you gotta know who they are and where they really fit in the picture. the only reason i could imagine someone ranting about them is someone who DIDN'T know who they are and got burned.

thou dost protest too much

the thing i find odd about your posts is that i am succeeding with the very players you rant about. i have stevie johnson on 2 teams, mainly because he's a top talent without the household name so i found he tended to slip in drafts this year. he's a tweener wr2/3 for me and those teams are doing quite well. if i have a complaint, it's that i SHOULD have played him the week he went against revis - his 85 yards against revis would have gotten me a win, but i sat him - "revis island".

i have beanie in a dynasty league, and admittedly i've built that team to the point where i can sit beanie without much angst and i have tended to do so in recent weeks... however i'm quite happy to have him on that team.

so, it's quite possible to have these players and do just fine. like you said, you gotta know who they are and where they really fit in the picture. the only reason i could imagine someone ranting about them is someone who DIDN'T know who they are and got burned.

thou dost protest too much

You must be the anomally then. Beanie has cost people games this year due to week-long injury status problems and in-game trips to the locker room. The guy was very likely benched in some of his blowup games and was likely started against inferior competition only to do nothing. Those are the players that ruin fantasy football. If you won games with Beanie then it was because you happened to get lucky and play him on the right days or you won because of other guys on your roster carrying the load. Beanie has a 3 TD game against the Giants which severaly skewed his stats. For a few weeks there, he had more fantasy points than Peterson or McCoy. Now, hows that working out? As usual hes missing practice this week and the knee is focked up. Lather rinse repeat. :rolleyes:

As for Johnson - he started fairly consistent but has become a dud. I grabbed Stevie J in the 3rd round of our keeper league draft. I didnt reach for him , I felt it was about the right time to take him. I was actually surprised he was cut but the owner said he didnt trust him to repeat. Guess the guy was right after all.

You must be the anomally then. Beanie has cost people games this year due to week-long injury status problems and in-game trips to the locker room. The guy was very likely benched in some of his blowup games and was likely started against inferior competition only to do nothing. Those are the players that ruin fantasy football. If you won games with Beanie then it was because you happened to get lucky and play him on the right days or you won because of other guys on your roster carrying the load. Beanie has a 3 TD game against the Giants which severaly skewed his stats. For a few weeks there, he had more fantasy points than Peterson or McCoy. Now, hows that working out? As usual hes missing practice this week and the knee is focked up. Lather rinse repeat. :rolleyes:

As for Johnson - he started fairly consistent but has become a dud. I grabbed Stevie J in the 3rd round of our keeper league draft. I didnt reach for him , I felt it was about the right time to take him. I was actually surprised he was cut but the owner said he didnt trust him to repeat. Guess the guy was right after all.

yep, must be luck that i'm succeeding despite the presence of these vile players on my team...

let's take stevie for a minute. if you are aware of history and the bills likely swoon towards year end... and you take stevie and he helps you win early games... and you find, through waiver wire management, some people that might be your wr2 down the stretch... then hasn't he helped you get to the playoffs?

it's either luck or knowing how to play the game

yep, must be luck that i'm succeeding despite the presence of these vile players on my team...

let's take stevie for a minute. if you are aware of history and the bills likely swoon towards year end... and you take stevie and he helps you win early games... and you find, through waiver wire management, some people that might be your wr2 down the stretch... then hasn't he helped you get to the playoffs?

it's either luck or knowing how to play the game

Its not all luck, but when it comes to inconsistent players then it IS a lot of luck. If you happened to have traded Stevie at the right time then great. If you made some crafty player moves at the right times then props to you. If you were one of the few guys that started Beanie against the Ravens then great.

But dont think for a second that there isnt an incredible amount of luck involved here. We dont need to drudge up the zillion threads on the subject. The point is that consistent fantasy players take a large portion of the luck OUT of the equationh because they either consistently put up numbers or they do NOT consistently put up numbers.

The more inconsistency, the luckier you have to get. You cant "manage" your way out of troublesome situations.

Its not all luck, but when it comes to inconsistent players then it IS a lot of luck. If you happened to have traded Stevie at the right time then great. If you made some crafty player moves at the right times then props to you. If you were one of the few guys that started Beanie against the Ravens then great.

But dont think for a second that there isnt an incredible amount of luck involved here. We dont need to drudge up the zillion threads on the subject. The point is that consistent fantasy players take a large portion of the luck OUT of the equationh because they either consistently put up numbers or they do NOT consistently put up numbers.

The more inconsistency, the luckier you have to get. You cant "manage" your way out of troublesome situations.

there is certainly luck involved in the game. but if you draft and manage rosters well you can lower the percentage chance that an off day by a player or two will ruin your week. last week i won, starting johnson, because - as you said - other players carried the day. but, i should also point out that, in that lineup, johnson ranked maybe 6th of 9 in terms of players i was counting on for a big day.

i guess the ranting about players sucking or whatever struck a nerve. my biggest blunder this season was starting DHB (the week i mentioned i should have started johnson vs revis). it cost me an important game. in hindsight, had i stopped to think about DHB's history with the team (al's guy) along with al's passing, etc, i could have deduced that starting DHB was a risky proposition. instead i thought "well he's gotten 12 or more targets several weeks in a row" and started the guy. it was foreseeable - it was MY blunder and has nothing to do with DHB being some P.O.S. that i'm going to rant about.

there is certainly luck involved in the game. but if you draft and manage rosters well you can lower the percentage chance that an off day by a player or two will ruin your week. last week i won, starting johnson, because - as you said - other players carried the day. but, i should also point out that, in that lineup, johnson ranked maybe 6th of 9 in terms of players i was counting on for a big day.

i guess the ranting about players sucking or whatever struck a nerve. my biggest blunder this season was starting DHB (the week i mentioned i should have started johnson vs revis). it cost me an important game. in hindsight, had i stopped to think about DHB's history with the team (al's guy) along with al's passing, etc, i could have deduced that starting DHB was a risky proposition. instead i thought "well he's gotten 12 or more targets several weeks in a row" and started the guy. it was foreseeable - it was MY blunder and has nothing to do with DHB being some P.O.S. that i'm going to rant about.

Well, I blame the players when I do the "right" thing and they let me down but I hear ya.

The point I was trying to make is that outside of a few guys, hardly anyone is going to be consistent EVERY week as you seem to expect.

According to FFToday, Ray Rice is the 4th most consistent RB, and he was one of the guys you were complaining about. Beanie Wells is the 9th most consistent RB. Steve Johnson is the 23rd most consistent WR. By ADP Johnson was the 21st WR drafted and Wells was the 24th RB drafted.

In standard scoring, there is exactly ONE RB or WR that has scored 10+ points EVERY week: Lesean McCoy, and that's only through 9 games.

Please get over yourself.

The word I am hearing is that S.Johnson will start this week @ Miami.

I went and picked up Damian Williams who is @ Atlanta this week. I have had my eye on Williams for a while now and it seems like

he is about to become the next big waiver wire pick up. However, I do like Steve Johnson because he is a good wr and has the potential

to blow up at any time.

I am torn between Williams and Johnson but as of right now have Damian in my starting line up.

Any thoughts on Damain Williams?

I picked up Williams due to Austin being out and Colston being on a bye week and Johnson's questionable

statis this week. H.Nicks is my other starter.