Sign in to follow this  
Giants Fan

RB in the Flex a luxury these days

Seems every year, and I pride myself in finding gems at RB in late rounds, I find some steals. Last year I went WR, QB, RB, TE and won my league. Of course that RB was Jamal Charles. In later rounds I STOLE Sproles (in a KR league) and Thomas Jones. Most of the year I started both Charles and Jones, and the few bad games Charles had, were good days for Jones. Sometimes they both had good days. In short, combined, they were the best running game in the NFL last year.

This year, it was an auction draft, and I got McFadden, but was outbid on Bush. Drafted Tolbert as my #2 RB, traded him for Brandon Jacobs. Since McFadden has been hurt, I've lost 4 straight games. I actually started Joe McKnight last week. My late round fliers again included Thomas Jones and Danny Woodhead. Also drafted Helu, but waived him.

It's been a crazy year for RBs. I don't ever remember a year it was so hard to start 2 good RBs. If you can start a RB in the flex ... that's a luxury this year.

Just waived Charles Clay (yahoo RB) for Torain .... just in case. Also blew my entire $FA to pick up Kevin Smith ... but team in sig. Smiff, Jacobs, McKnight, Ringer, Torain .... my RBs SUCK without Run DMC.

Agreed. I've been on a role my .5 ppr auction league where I went rb heavy.

QB: Ryan

RB: Rice

RB: Forte

WR: Cruz

WR: Dez Bryant

WR; Crabtree

Flex: M Bush

TE: Hernandez

Bench: Blount, Tate, G. Olsen, D. Moore, Daminan W, Sanchez

Agreed. I've been on a role my .5 ppr auction league where I went rb heavy.

QB: Ryan

RB: Rice

RB: Forte

WR: Cruz

WR: Dez Bryant

WR; Crabtree

Flex: M Bush

TE: Hernandez

Bench: Blount, Tate, G. Olsen, D. Moore, Daminan W, Sanchez

Forte was likely the most value at RB you could have gotten.

The late round RB gem this year was DeMarco Murray, who I drafted in and I'm using at the flex in all three of my leagues thanks to Jocstrap's posting of a college highlight clip on this site last summer.

:cheers:

Carry 3 w r and 9 rb s

Rice Williams

Murray Jones

Smith Morris (dropped Morris)

Tolbert Brinkley

Spiller

Flipped McKnight for crabtree, battle for Eli

I have pulled the mid round steal for 2 straight years with Rice (2009)and Foster (2010) I thought this years would be Felix Jones. A great preseason has me sold. I took him in 3 leagues in the 4rth or 5th round. Painful need I say more. I still have done well add/dropping off the wire all year. Trading or doing anything I can to make runs at titles.

No preseason has screwed up football this year.

I landed Bradshaw and McCoy in rounds 4/5 last year and took Rice in Round 4 the year before. Getting a stud back after the 2nd is a huge advantage.

This year it seems like FJax, Sproles, and Bush are really the only later round values. I guess Murray if he went drafted in your league. It hasn't been a strong year for sleepers or the waiver wire.

I ridiculously overdrafted at RB this season and ended up with Foster, Blount, Lynch, Tolbert, Starks and Tate. I still lack a consistent RB 2 but the depth has really helped with injuries and byes, especially in a 14-teamer.

You can never have enough good RBs.